WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Running RDP is a funny thing.. Just a little message from me to everyone

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As most would note, I haven't been online as much as usual.. Front page content slowed down to a crawl, etc.. I was talking to someone last night and I told them "The more I put into it, the more I hurt it." To explain that I have been working behind the scenes to try and bring some next level shit for 2018. At the end of the day I'm only one guy though, so if I'm off doing that stuff, then I don't have time to do the day to day stuff and vice versa.

I'm really happy to say though, that our transition is over, and things are running very smoothly. According to the website tracking (posts / likes) we are actually up in participation overall on the new platform! So I'm happy about that.. The Lounge does seem a little slow right now though, which I'm going to spend the weekend working on some good content for next week.

As for the website overall, the front page still needs a lot of work in my mind.. It doesn't look like I want it too yet, but we are going to start in on that next week. We are developing a whole new RDP store front as well with some cool features. On all the other store fronts you have to create a separate account and login etc.. We are going to tie the new store front to RDP so it's single login, and all your account information will actually be in your member profiles.. Basically making it easier for people to buy stuff, etc.. I'm hoping to tie that into registrations for poker runs down the road, where if you want to sign up for something like Desert Storm, you click teh button send the money and the website sends them all your information with one button. Seems like it would be a lot easier than filling out all these forms over and over and over every year.

I'm happy to say as far as functionality for the forums.. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The forums are working flawlessly and just need minor tweaking at this point.. (getting rid of thumbnails and my never ending list of little things). I'm really really happy though with the move.

The app thing was / is a god damn disaster.. That was one of those leap of faiths, where I should've probably done a lot more research on it before I did it. I dipped my pinky toe in the water instead of going for a swim type stuff. They are working on solving all the issues, but I think they are months out if not longer.. Hence the reason why I bit the bullet and brought back Tapatalk. It is what it is at this point. With the new site I prefer the browser over any of the apps anyways. But for those that don't we aim to please.

It's the holidays and per members requests we have added snow, and a little Christmas Cheer around here today. :) I hope you guys like that for the time being, and we'll take it down sometime right after new years. (or leave it up if ya want a little longer)

If you guys want to know a little behind the scenes stuff, we got some of our ad packages back up and running today. If you click on the Allstate ads or EP Insurance ads they will actually put a form up for you to fill out, and it will e-mail the agents directly. That's kind of a cool feature (RDP only as far as forums go to my knowledge) and we will begin using that for other things in the future as well.

Not sure how many remember, but close to a decade ago I used to send out an e-mail to all the members every so often with updates on the site, some of the cooler threads of the week and things like that. When we crossed a large amount of membership that became kind of difficult to do.. If I sent out too many we'd get blackballed as a spammer. And if you send out to few you look like a flake, so I just kinda quit it all together. I signed up for a mass e-mail service today (f'n expensive, but I think it's going to be worth it), and we are going to be bringing back the newsletters! So that will be cool. I'll be looking for some input on what you guys think of them, and what you want to see.

As always I'm always looking for content contributors to the site.. If you are a talented writer, or have industry knowledge? Perhaps you are going to an event, and want to help offset the cost of attending? Just let me know!!

That's about it for now.. Really looking forward to Desert Bash this weekend, and hopefully we will come out of that deal with a few "feature vehicles" from the run, that will be worth writing about. :)

RD

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I should add that the site turned out quite nice. Lots of little things that just work better.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I should add that the site turned out quite nice. Lots of little things that just work better.

That's kind of the goal if you do it right.. There's big changes like the photo uploader / gallery creator etc.. but overall the site should just function smoother / faster and more intuitively without huge noticeable changes.

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I love the new website. I use it directly and do not mess around with the apps. Pic loading is effing awesome!

See you at the desert bash Dave!

JayBreww

Reaction score
I think it’s been a couple years since we did one of those thread of the years contest?
We all vote and like top 3 won hot sauce and shirts and stuff.
What ever happened with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I think it’s been a couple years since we did one of those thread of the years contest?

Ran out of hot sauce, shirts and stuff. ;)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
What's 2FF's old line?
Baddest mofo forum on the 'net[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

shunter2005

Reaction score
Dave, you did a great thing here. The site is hands-down much better now. I really like how you can open a post and it take you to the last post you visited. Again, great job. Thanks for all your time and hard work.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

We did a best thread every 3 months, and gave away Neon signs.. My supply line of neon dried up. :D I need to get something going like that again, but do a couple categories like "best build" best Lounge thread etc.. Not sure what I'd use for prizes, but I want something that's bad ass that people will have for years.

RD

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
No shit. Costs me half my day sometimes. BTW...I called you, you never called me back.

You called me, today? Damn, that’s not good.

I’ll call you after I️ leave this restaurant.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
You called me, today? Damn, that’s not good.

I’ll call you after I️ leave this restaurant.

No. Shit.

I thought the same...

Yesterday, or Wednesday. I was sad, cursed your name, and promptly gave up on you. :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
No. Shit.

I thought the same...

Yesterday, or Wednesday. I was sad, cursed your name, and promptly gave up on you. :)

Ya know, I️ had one of those piercing sharp pains in my rib cage earlier this morning. Took me a breath or two to get rid of. You must’ve been really pissed because it just about took me to a knee.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
my_circle_of_trust_classic_round_sticker-r5e670a7ad9ea40d6aafda190094ed726_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg
How’d you get it free?

I'm in the RDP Circle of Trust ;)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great work Dave! Your site and the people are the best.

Maybe you'll look at changing the candy canes :D to marijuana leaves on the 1st as this state turns on the biggest pot market in the world.

Any chance you're gonna change the emojis?

nowski

Reaction score
There's been a change??? I guess the eyes aren't what they use to be. When did you add the beavers??? Must be the smell in the air...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Ya know, I️ had one of those piercing sharp pains in my rib cage earlier this morning. Took me a breath or two to get rid of. You must’ve been really pissed because it just about took me to a knee.
So now you play football? :)

Boat Bling

Reaction score

We’re always up for forum giveaways!

-Zack

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'll pass the email list. Make sure NOT to add me to THAT!!!!!!

New software is nice. Fuck Tapashit! :D

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
New site is cool, ignore feature is lame.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
I love the forum, but have not been on as much lately myself due to being self employed, and busy as heck now, and just don't turn on the ol PC as much at night and I'm in bed at 8 usually, and up at 5. but it looks great RD keep up the good work and hope it all continues well!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Honestly I probably won’t ever read the email or newsletter. Kind of like the carpenter magazine they send all the members. Waste of time and money. A lot of money imo site has really slowed down. Bitcoin threads have been he most interesting.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
This has turned out very well Dave. The effort was not fruitless, for sure.

I have to admit, I'm getting used to the new site on my phone and I do like it. I find myself bouncing back and forth between the site and Tapatalk only because of the notifications from Tapatalk. I start with one of those and then read on from there. If I am just going to the site without a notification, I do use the browser.

The only thing I need to better my experience for my navigation style (and others that I have noticed comment about it) is either a "new post" button or a "back to top" button in the bottom left corner of all pages. Many of us have a habit of just following the new post list. Being able to get back to that from the bottom of the page would make things easier. Right now, I have to scroll back up to the top and sometimes that is really inconvenient one handed.

Thanks as always for all the work you and all the other background people do to give us this place to hang out. You have brought together many really good people. (I would enter a thumbs up here if I could... ;) )

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I don't use Tapatalk very often, but there are some good features that should be incorporated in to the web site.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Don't use Tapatalk I have too much cell phone traffic to even go down that road so I just use the site.

New site work pretty well Dave.

Running and managing sites like this is a real chore few understand.

UD

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
D, I've spent more time here in the last 10 weeks than last 10 years. Sites looking good. if it wasn't, none of us would be here. Thru the year, as my activities change, I might drop in a Custom motorcycle, offroad, sports, hunting, union or military forum. Of all them, RDP by far, has the funniest, wittiest membership. Even the Politics and Government section, brutal as hell with members to match, is quite entertaining. Sooo, Keep towing the line and it'll keep getting better.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Loving the new site and is so much easier now to add single and multiple photos.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I got rid of Tapashit a couple of weeks ago. Tried the RDP app and didn't work ... but didn't really understand the premis of it to begin with. There was no clear cut explanation of why I should use the app instead of the browser.

Sometimes the site is slow on both phone and PC ... so it can't be my shit.

Pictures can only be uploaded/downloaded one at a time, so I see no benefit in that aspect.

I hate the fact that all threads have like 50 posts per page after years of having my own setting of 20 posts per page. It fucks with me daily lol.

Bud light still rules and Coors light still sucks ass.

Parker is a shitstream, but 95% of you won't get that joke. I think the only one would be Milky ... but he's being a little bitch and won't come back :p:p

I'v always enjoyed hanging out here and just roll with the changes. I've made a ton of friends that have become lifelong buds, and we've been known as the "B" team for the past 8 years or so.

Keep up the solid work Dave ... I can only imagine that sometimes it might be as fun as having a colonoscopy with a doctor that has sausage fingers. Hope to see you guys soon. :D:cool:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I went to tapatalk today for the first time after navigating the forum for a few weeks web forum. I exclusively posted from TT before but I like this format a lot better.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone noticed you not posting....., but we’d have to be fools not to notice how much better this site has become with the upgrades. I hate change personaly but the change has seemed totally for the better and definitely easier then it was before

Dport

Reaction score
Been lurking this site for ever, Joined a few years back. don't post much, but don't miss a day of checking out Rivver Dave's.
Great site, great people. Get a lot of laughs, and good information from this place, Keep up the good work Dave!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
As always I'm always looking for content contributors to the site.. Just let me know!!

:)

RD

tumblr_p0pjabPtjv1tbdxedo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_onej57DDUU1tuj7vuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_omb8s9MTy11tq8bfxo1_1280.jpg

"10 pieces of advice i would give myself.

1.) Work hard. Hard work always pays off. There’s nothing better than feeling proud of yourself, and how far you have come.

2.) find the little things that make you happy if life, because when you do. It makes it easier to fix a bad day.

3.) Don’t depend on anyone else. You yourself are strong and knowledgeable. You know what’s best for you, no one else does. Make your own happiness and success and let all the other people just be accents.

4.) Fight for love. Don’t ever let the people you love the most go. Especially your soul mate. Fight for the ones you care about and if the feel the same way they will fight just as hard for you. Love isn’t easy, but you know it’s not real when it is easy.

5.) Don’t be insecure. Being insecure is not attractive and only brings yourself down. Be grateful that you’re one of a kind, and use it to your advantage. If you love yourself, it will be easier for others to love you.Don’t let people walk over you. You are strong, and you need people to know that. No matter what, fight for yourself and your opinions. You need to be heard and you need to let people know that they can’t judge you.

6.) Everything comes in waves. All the good shit and all the bullshit. Be patient, and breathe. the happiness is coming in the next set of waves, but you just have to let this wave break first.

7.) don’t care what anyone thinks, because honestly at the end of the day you are the only person that will be with you for your entire life. Please yourself, be proud of yourself. Don’t feel the need to please others.

8.) Stay calm, talk calm, be calm. It’s the only way things will be okay. Panicking or freaking out all the time only is a waste of energy and gets absolutely nothing done.

9.) Read or write or both. As boring as it seems it’s honestly incredible. You gain so much important knowledge and find out who you are as a person (especially in writing). it is a sense of stability of being a human being.

10.) Don’t take anything for granted. all it takes is one second and something is never the same again. Enjoy every moment you have with every single thing even during the hard times."

-indigo

tumblr_ozm3d530M01thynt0o1_1280.jpg

J.P.

Reaction score
You probably see what people start to type and then say,..oh better say that differently..

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
#4 is a bitch. You cannot effect free will, no matter how you try.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
#4 is a bitch. You cannot effect free will, no matter how you try.
I look at it as don't run them off and help them with their struggles. Stick up for them and support them.
We all have our baggage.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The proof is in the pudding RD.....More members joining, more members using spells out you're doing it right......

Only complaint I could muster is better emojies to help make points. Mis the hell out of the thumbs up/down/1 missing. Hard to view several others clearly. If that's the opnly issue, you're doing a helluva a job.

No. 1 site on Uncle Al's WWW.