WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Running RDP is a funny thing.. Just a little message from me to everyone

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly I probably won’t ever read the email or newsletter. Kind of like the carpenter magazine they send all the members. Waste of time and money. A lot of money imo site has really slowed down. Bitcoin threads have been he most interesting.

Well the site is faster and slower.. LOL (right?)

Everyday the guys are doing these major surgeries on the back end, and large compile deals etc which is slowing it down. When they aren't doing that shit is lightning quick! :D We are almost done. The old store front is causing most hte issues now, so we are getting a new "temp" store front until I get my custom one down the road.

By the way, the first newsletter would've gone something like the first post in this thread sooo.. who knows? Ya might find it entertaining after all? :D

RD

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Well the site is faster and slower.. LOL (right?)

Everyday the guys are doing these major surgeries on the back end, and large compile deals etc which is slowing it down. When they aren't doing that shit is lightning quick! :D We are almost done. The old store front is causing most hte issues now, so we are getting a new "temp" store front until I get my custom one down the road.

By the way, the first newsletter would've gone something like the first post in this thread sooo.. who knows? Ya might find it entertaining after all? :D

RD
I think it would be interesting for sure. Problem I have is I have like 30k unread emails. I don’t check my personal email often. I don’t think I’d ever even see it. Speed wise I have no idea. I meant content seems a little slow. Bitcoin threads have been all I’m really checking. Oh and the glock thread is pretty good

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting for sure. Problem I have is I have like 30k unread emails. I don’t check my personal email often. I don’t think I’d ever even see it. Speed wise I have no idea. I meant content seems a little slow. Bitcoin threads have been all I’m really checking. Oh and the glock thread is pretty good

Well we are getting ready to start the "Let's build an AR from parts" thread, and I've never built one before so it's going to a learning experience all the way around! :D
You are gonna love that one.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Well we are getting ready to start the "Let's build an AR from parts" thread, and I've never built one before so it's going to a learning experience all the way around! :D
You are gonna love that one.

RD
Yup that will be cool for sure. I built my first one last year and a thread would have been cool. I struggled until voodoo told me I had the pin backwards lol. After that it was butter

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yup that will be cool for sure. I built my first one last year and a thread would have been cool. I struggled until voodoo told me I had the pin backwards lol. After that it was butter

Well I hope he's still around here, because I'm gonna need all the advice I can get. :D

RD

mitch6601

HMFIC
Reaction score
Dave,
You run a great site. I have been a member for a long time. I don't post much, however I have learned so many things and laughed a ton at some of the stuff I read here. This site also keeps my river dreams in check. If I could do it all over again I would have lived in parker and/or havasu and raised my kids there. Your kids are very blessed to be raised around boating and off-roading. My father raised me that way but we had to drive 6 hours each way multiple times a year to get to parker. I enjoyed it so much.

I know this site is not free or easy to maintain by any means and I do what I can to purchase bling from you when I can.

I just wanted to say thanks and let you know from one users standpoint I find this site very easy to use both on a computer and a phone.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback, compliment and support Mitch! The site does cost money to run, but it is a for profit business, so the cost are just part of the expenses.

People ask me all the time “what do you do for a living?” I tell them “rdp” and no shit half the time they say “Yeah I know that but what else do you do?”

I sure as shit appreciate the support though, especially on an individual level! Every shirt purchase, stickers, etc all helps!

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback, compliment and support Mitch! The site does cost money to run, but it is a for profit business, so the cost are just part of the expenses.

People ask me all the time “what do you do for a living?” I tell them “rdp” and no shit half the time they say “Yeah I know that but what else do you do?”

I sure as shit appreciate the support though, especially on an individual level! Every shirt purchase, stickers, etc all helps!
If it was easy everyone would be doing it I'll tell you from experience this s*** is work. I appreciate the work you do.
Thanks

Now get your ass out of bed and plan the off road cabin trip over New Year's. Maybe ride out and BBQ lunch or something like that

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If it was easy everyone would be doing it I'll tell you from experience this s*** is work. I appreciate the work you do.
Thanks

Now get your ass out of bed and plan the off road cabin trip over New Year's. Maybe ride out and BBQ lunch or something like that

Are you guys going to be out here all week between Christmas and New Years? Or just the weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Are you guys going to be out here all week between Christmas and New Years? Or just the weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes 26th - 2nd

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Hell I’m just waiting on the Cobra 280 python review with baited breath. [emoji23]

Think you’ll hit the LA show this year? I know it’s gone downhill the past few years.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hell I’m just waiting on the Cobra 280 python review with baited breath. [emoji23]

Think you’ll hit the LA show this year? I know it’s gone downhill the past few years.

Yes I'll cover the LA show..

RDP Boat Tests will be in Febuary or Early March.

I could do a "review" (unofficial / my thoughts / top speed etc..) if I can take one out before then. In the meantime here is the review of the 270 Python.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/articles/cobra-270-pythron-deck-boat-merc-565-bravo-xr.299/

RD

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Thanks

Uncle AJ's Between Xmas and New years Like 2 nites we ride eat and drink I leave Fri Morning for the Ranch...Why The Fuck Not..?? Plenty of Room

Reactions: Wmc

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Uncle AJ's Between Xmas and New years Like 2 nites we ride eat and drink I leave Fri Morning for the Ranch...Why The Fuck Not..?? Plenty of Room
Are we going to see you? You coming out to Havasu?

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Not sure what I'd use for prizes, but I want something that's bad ass that people will have for years.

RD

I don't recommend wakeskates, the ones I won a few years ago delaminated the first time they hit the water. :rolleyes::D

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
No shit!! I gotta get him setup on billing! Anybody else on here posting for free?

RD
Yes, but i’m posting from my magic box, so tough shit.:D:D

I don’t say it enough, but well done, and thanks for all you do Dave.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't recommend wakeskates, the ones I won a few years ago delaminated the first time they hit the water. :rolleyes::D

I don’t really remember where those came from.. but I am surprised they would do that?