WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shock Help!

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
I have an 08 Teryx with long travel and fox shocks. I've had it over 5 years and have never had the shocks serviced. I've read conflicting recommendations on other websites as to when to have them serviced. I really respect the feedback I read on this site so I am asking your opinion. I've never had a problem with the shocks, no leaking, no problem with the ride, but figured I would have them serviced this year. I only take the Teryx out a handfull of times a year and I am a slow trail rider, flipped it once:skull on accident, but that is definetely not the norm.

My son and I took them off this weekend and now I am looking for a place to service them. I live in the inland empire and don't feel like driving to Garden Grove to have Fox go through them. I honestly have been thinking about putting them back on unless someone can tell me a definite need to have them serviced, and if I can find someone honest who will go through them for a decent price (i'm looking at spending $200). Any feedback would be appreciated!

Meaney77

Reaction score
$200 might be a bit tough to stay within that budget.

You can try calling Tyler Scott (951) 840-0202. He is pretty well known and I am told he does good work. He quoted me $80/shock and he comes to you. He may be a bit cheaper since you already pulled the shocks off.

Also- you may try looking on You tube. There are several videos on there on how to service. All you will need is oil and Nitrogen...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
200 bucks is wishful thinking. if you want em done right, send them over to http://www.racetech.com/

they won't be cheap, but they will work better than they did before. :thumbsup

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Thanks for both of your replies. I will give them both a try, I actually work down the street from Racetech and totally forgot about them. I'll give Tyler a call also, maybe he can tell me if I should even do them at all?