WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Side by side accessories.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Ive got a 660 rhino in a million pieces in my garage right now. Gonna be puttin a couple of bucks into it this week. One of my upgrades is gonna be exhaust. I'm thinkin of goin with the muzzy dual pipes. Any opinions on that brand?? I also have my CVT housing taken apart cause Im gonna change my 4 year old belt. I figured since I was in there I'd upgrade my clutching mechanisms. Gonna go EPI kit with severe duty belt.

I'm already jetted, air filtered, and CDI boxed. Any opinions on my choices. Anyone runnin anything similar??

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Muzzys are great. But fucking loud. Make sure you get it tuned right if you put them on. As for the clutch I'd call UTV crap and ask them what setup to go with. They helped me out and mine runs great. Made 32hp at the wheels on the Pro Shops dyno after they tuned it for me. That's about a 10hp gain over stock. It's a lot more fun to drive now.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If lucky you may get a slight increase on your top end with exhaust.
Consider if it's worth the brutal, excruciating noise for that small a gain, and the expense.

Don't trust the MFG's performance test claims on any brand of after market exhaust,, even Yoshi.
Wildly exaggerated numbers IMHO, and the dyno test vendors at Glamis and Sturgis seem to usually agree with my take.

Just my 2 cents worth after years and years of duning.
If the exhaust made it sound good that is reason alone to upgrade,,,, but ya don't get that either.

Jus' sayin'.

McRib

Reaction score
Checked out utv crap. They seem to have the same stuff as side by side sports has and for the same prices pretty much . I seem to b going in the right driection so far. I dont mind loud with the muzzy action. They advertise with the spark arrestors in its supposed to be semi quiet. I guess we will see :p

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Consider if it's worth the brutal, excruciating noise for that small a gain, and the expense.

Don't trust the MFG's performance test claims on any brand of after market exhaust,, even Yoshi.
Wildly exaggerated numbers IMHO, and the dyno test vendors at Glamis and Sturgis seem to usually agree with my take.

If the exhaust made it sound good that is reason alone to upgrade,,,, but ya don't get that either.

Jus' sayin'.

I agree that most don't make the power they claim. I'm my case it actually worked. The Muzzys and a good dyno actually got me a huge increase.

McRib

Reaction score

Jus' sayin'.

Im not lookin for a rocket ship. Im just lookin for a little pick me up. I dont mind the noise. Im not gonna be behind me. :p

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Checked out utv crap. They seem to have the same stuff as side by side sports has and for the same prices pretty much . I seem to b going in the right driection so far. I dont mind loud with the muzzy action. They advertise with the spark arrestors in its supposed to be semi quiet. I guess we will see :p

They are not quiet. Trust me. I have the spark arrestors in mine and after an hour if riding my ears are ringing. I wore ear plugs in it this weekend and it made it a lot more enjoyable.

McRib

Reaction score
They are not quiet. Trust me. I have the spark arrestors in mine and after an hour if riding my ears are ringing. I wore ear plugs in it this weekend and it made it a lot more enjoyable.

Did u have the muzzys at the rdp bbq at the beginning of the year??? If so I liked the way urs sounded so I guess ill be ok I hope :p

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
The louder the better I say. Who needs a pipsqueak sissy sounding offroad vehicle anyway :D

I'm thinking about pulling what little packing is in my Muzzy's :thumbsup

They are a lot quieter on the Teryx than my rhino. I haven't heard them on the Arctic Cat yet. I think the twin cylinder engines might be quieter. I'm already shopping ear muffs for the baby cause there's no way I'm putting her in the back of my rhino with how loud it is.

McRib

Reaction score
The louder the better I say. Who needs a pipsqueak sissy sounding offroad vehicle anyway :D

I'm thinking about pulling what little packing is in my Muzzy's :thumbsup

I agree vic. :p

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Did u have the muzzys at the rdp bbq at the beginning of the year??? If so I liked the way urs sounded so I guess ill be ok I hope :p

No I didn't. I had the stock exhaust with a billet tip then. Don't get me wrong, they sound good and work great but as I said they're loud as hell.

JBS

Reaction score
The Muzzy sounds great on my Teryx or any other twin. Save your money...In my opinion they don't sound good on the Rhino.

Ask outdrive1 what he thinks of aftermarket exhaust on a Rhino. It was honestly one of the reasons he got rid of his,

McRib

Reaction score
No I didn't. I had the stock exhaust with a billet tip then. Don't get me wrong, they sound good and work great but as I said they're loud as hell.

I am currently stock with no spark arrestor and big mouth tip. I took it all apart today. Its ready for the next step. Gonna order everything tomorrow. :)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I am currently stock with no spark arrestor and big mouth tip. I took it all apart today. Its ready for the next step. Gonna order everything tomorrow. :)

The spark arrestor is just a screen. It doesn't make any difference on how loud they are. I'm considering getting the quiet cores for them but I don't want to lose any power.

McRib

Reaction score
So with all the talk about muzzys being to loud what is a better alternative?? I obviously dont want to waste money. Is there something cheaper/comperable?? Two brothers raceing perhaps???

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Yup. Love em. They are super loud. But to be honest, I have no idea if they helped on power or not. And I really need to have it dyno'd soon. I think it's running a little rich judging by the amount of fuel I use :skull :D Then again could be my lead foot :D

Your fooling if you haven't had it dyno tuned. It does make a difference. And yes mine uses a lot more fuel now too. I've always had a lead foot though. :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
So with all the talk about muzzys being to loud what is a better alternative?? I obviously dont want to waste money. Is there something cheaper/comperable?? Two brothers raceing perhaps???

Don't waste your money on anything other than the muzzys. There's been lots of testing done and lots of good info on the rhino forums about which exhaust works. The muzzys are pretty much it.

McRib

Reaction score
Don't waste your money on anything other than the muzzys. There's been lots of testing done and lots of good info on the rhino forums about which exhaust works. The muzzys are pretty much it.

Ive been reading the same stuff. I think I will stick with my game plan. Muzzy exhaust and epi clutching with upgraded belt this should be a nice upgrade to my cdi and jetting I already have. I better prepare myself for jetting trials again huh??

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I think it's running a little rich by the small amout of soot. But thats ok by me. And this thing really doesn't need anymore power. Its insane as it is :D

I'll bet. But I'd still get it dyno tuned. It might make even more power and we all know you can never have too much of that. Plus the piece of mind knowing you aren't hurting the motor is worth it to me.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Ive been reading the same stuff. I think I will stick with my game plan. Muzzy exhaust and epi clutching with upgraded belt this should be a nice upgrade to my cdi and jetting I already have. I better prepare myself for jetting trials again huh??

Get it dyno tuned!!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Im not even sure if there any shops in the socal area that offer this. I got any idea where I can start with that???

The Pro Shop in Stanton did mine. Hell they've had their banner on this site for months now.

McRib

Reaction score
The Pro Shop in Stanton did mine. Hell they've had their banner on this site for months now.

:p man I dont pay attention to shit lol thanks though ill check it out

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
How long is the drive belt lasting everyone? I'm still on my original belt from 06'

McRib

Reaction score
How long is the drive belt lasting everyone? I'm still on my original belt from 06'

Mine is just as old as urs. Ive got mine apart right now. Its not horrible but its cracking pretty good it will become a spare me thinks. Id bet ur due for a change.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Mine is just as old as urs. Ive got mine apart right now. Its not horrible but its cracking pretty good it will become a spare me thinks. Id bet ur due for a change.

I replaced mine when I did my clutch work last year. Go with the stock yamaha belt. They're the best.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
One of these days I suppose. Not too worried about it really. But I sure do wish I could get my fucking Lowrance dialed in :D

I wish I had your problems. Good news is the boat is almost done. Almost..... Should be about 2 more weeks. LOL

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Ive got a 660 rhino in a million pieces in my garage right now. Gonna be puttin a couple of bucks into it this week. One of my upgrades is gonna be exhaust. I'm thinkin of goin with the muzzy dual pipes. Any opinions on that brand?? I also have my CVT housing taken apart cause Im gonna change my 4 year old belt. I figured since I was in there I'd upgrade my clutching mechanisms. Gonna go EPI kit with severe duty belt.

I'm already jetted, air filtered, and CDI boxed. Any opinions on my choices. Anyone runnin anything similar??

go ahead and do all the work that you want to ... once you're done, then i'll buy it off of you:thumbsup:cool::D

McRib

Reaction score
I replaced mine when I did my clutch work last year. Go with the stock yamaha belt. They're the best.

Did u go with a stock belt with ur clutching or are u tellin the other guy to use a stock belt. Epi has a belt designed for there clutching. Do I need to stay with the OEM belt??

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Did u go with a stock belt with ur clutching or are u tellin the other guy to use a stock belt. Epi has a belt designed for there clutching. Do I need to stay with the OEM belt??

Yes. Stock yamaha belt. The same one it came with. But that's with my setup.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Yamaha belt.

KMS sheave and duner's kit.

Muzzy or Wood's pipe for power...I've only heard the Muzzy on a 700 but I don't think it's THAT bad with the quiet cores. Wood's is fucking loud fo sho, I but I love it.

Take your air cleaner cover off and run a large air filter on there.

Pro Shop dyno tune.
I'd do all of this and see where you're at :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Muzzy sounds great on my Teryx or any other twin. Save your money...In my opinion they don't sound good on the Rhino.

Ask outdrive1 what he thinks of aftermarket exhaust on a Rhino. It was honestly one of the reasons he got rid of his,

I like the muzzy's on my T Rex as well.. They don't strike me as overly loud unless you're really on it.

Im not even sure if there any shops in the socal area that offer this. I got any idea where I can start with that???

Talk to John at the Pro Shop and tell him RiverDave sent you. :)

RD

pronstar

Reaction score
Yamaha belt.

Muzzy or Wood's pipe for power...I've only heard the Muzzy on a 700 but I don't think it's THAT bad with the quiet cores. Wood's is fucking loud fo sho, I but I love it.

Pro Shop dyno tune.

Forgot CDI...definitely need one of those, too :thumbsup

RVRKID

Reaction score

You can call Trinity off the 15 I am pretty sure they have a Dyno.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Yamaha belt.

Pro Shop dyno tune.

Whats a duner's kit?

pronstar

Reaction score
Whats a duner's kit?

It acts just like a higher-stall torque converter. Gets the revs up a bit more before engagement, so you're in the meat of the powerband sooner.

pronstar

Reaction score
Thanks, do they make a big difference? I guess I should do that when I replace my belt...

Some people say they don't like them. But I don't know why.
The only downside I can see is increased noise and fuel consumption, since you're revving a little higher.
Everyone I know who has one...likes them.

I think they make a noticeable improvement, especially considering the cost.

Rhino's don't make a lot of power, so anything you can do to help is an improvement. A single-cylinder, small-displacement engine has it's work cut out for it in a heavy Rhino.

McRib

Reaction score
So here is the next part. When it comes to the clutching I'm now confused. If got some guys telling me I don't need to upgrade the secondary spring and that the primary sheave and weights upgrade would be sufficient. Then I've got the other guys telling me to upgrade both. Which is true. I'm not an extream duner. I'm more of a light duner and like to go to the hard pack of ocotillo wells and Parker. What do u all think??

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
So here is the next part. When it comes to the clutching I'm now confused. If got some guys telling me I don't need to upgrade the secondary spring and that the primary sheave and weights upgrade would be sufficient. Then I've got the other guys telling me to upgrade both. Which is true. I'm not an extream duner. I'm more of a light duner and like to go to the hard pack of ocotillo wells and Parker. What do u all think??

Do a machined sheave and go one size lighter on your rollers. Should be a noticeable enough difference.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
Do a machined and go one size lighter on your rollers. Should be a noticeable enough difference.

x2
Most common thing to do.
Don't get all crazy and do too much shit all at once. You want to get it ready to ride...not spend all winter working on it. :thumbsup

McRib

Reaction score
Do a machined and go one size lighter on your rollers. Should be a noticeable enough difference.

That's the plan. Are u concurring with the ones that say do not mess with the secondary spring?? (the one on the left as u look at it)

McRib

Reaction score
My plan is. For the one on the right it's gonna get a machined sheave chingas with 16oz roller chingasos. I was gonna go with a purple spring on the left but after talking with a few I've been told not to even mess with the left.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That's the plan. Are u concurring with the ones that say do not mess with the secondary spring?? (the one on the left as u look at it)

I changed mine cause I knew I was doing the exhaust and I was gonna have a big horsepower gain. Do I know if it made a difference? No. Cause I changed to lighter weights in my primary. The secondary spring is cheep so if you wanna do it then go for it. Keep in mind its a little work to change it.

McRib

Reaction score
I changed mine cause I knew I was doing the exhaust and I was gonna have a big horsepower gain. Do I know if it made a difference? No. Cause I changed to lighter weights in my primary. The secondary spring is cheep so if you wanna do it then go for it. Keep in mind its a little work to change it.

I stared at it for the better part of Sunday trying to figure out how I was gonna get it out from where it's at. Lol. I put it back on the shaft and said I'll fugg with it later later. I'm also doing the exhaust. I'm not very aggressive with my rhino so perhaps I'll leave my secondary alone.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I stared at it for the better part of Sunday trying to figure out how I was gonna get it out from where it's at. Lol. I put it back on the shaft and said I'll fugg with it later later. I'm also doing the exhaust. I'm not very aggressive with my rhino so perhaps I'll leave my secondary alone.

I had to loosen the motor mounts up and lift the motor to get the secondary sheave out. The you need a good impact to get the nut off. Oh and you need to compress the new spring to get it back on. Ya you may want to leave it alone. LOL!!!! Actually its not that bad. I've done a couple now.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Andrew my Rhino did 62 with the CDI in it. Then I did the UTV Crap sheeve, air cleaner and dual exhaust. It still did 62, lol, but it was so loud I hated driving it.