WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SITE QUESTIONS AND FIXES ETC..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Guys There's like 40 different threads with questions in them, and just getting home trying to track them all down is next to impossible.

1st and Foremost For the Tapatalk lovers. Download the App from your play store or app store on your phone. It is called riverdavesplace It literally functions exactly like Tapatalk near as I can see.

Let me know if you have any problems with that. Anything the app doesn't do currently that tapatalk did do that you liked please let me know.

2nd - Please ask any site questions or report any glitches or bugs in this thread. I honestly haven't found a whole lot, except for on the front page. We are sorting out the front page bugs now, and will be improving that... Well pretty much forever until I get what I want.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
On the app... when you quote someone and reply it’s not showing who you quoted.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Hey Dave I really like the new site on my mobile and I still hate tapetalk. My one request is can we get a new post button down towards the bottom of the page?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I cannot find my picture galleries sir. Are they gone, or will they be restored?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
ok I'm talking to the guys now on these.. keep em coming .

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Would like the ability to load more than 10 threads/ or replies to a thread in a single page. Something user selectable so it's not a global setting.

Maybe a dropdown menu or even in the preferences to load 10, 50, 100, 200 etc.

Scott E

Reaction score
Previous version showed first few sentences of the first post when you hovered over the thread title which was a nice feature. Now it just says go to first post.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Emogis and posts per page modifier, personally I hate the actual look, could you ask about a new skin? I really liked the old look of the website.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Previous version showed first few sentences of the first post when you hovered over the thread title which was a nice feature. Now it just says go to first post.

Hmm, that feature works for me, at least on my desktop.

Scott E

Reaction score
Hmm, that feature works for me, at least on my desktop.

From my desktop...

upload_2017-11-15_13-33-18.png

Sandlord

Reaction score
did they fix the "hide forum" feature? Last I checked it wasnt working

Sandlord

Reaction score
unable to upload .MOV files (iPhone video)

Icky

Reaction score
I can't see signatures unless I rotate my phone sideways, and I only care to see a few members signatures anyway:D

Definitely need better emojis

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Guys There's like 40 different threads with questions in them, and just getting home trying to track them all down is next to impossible.

1st and Foremost For the Tapatalk lovers. Download the App from your play store or app store on your phone. It is called riverdavesplace It literally functions exactly like Tapatalk near as I can see.

Let me know if you have any problems with that. Anything the app doesn't do currently that tapatalk did do that you liked please let me know.

2nd - Please ask any site questions or report any glitches or bugs in this thread. I honestly haven't found a whole lot, except for on the front page. We are sorting out the front page bugs now, and will be improving that... Well pretty much forever until I get what I want.
Pin this thread and respond only to requests here, no reason for you to do a bunch of hunting.
Most requests I've seen tend to repeat themselves in various threads.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Emogis and posts per page modifier, personally I hate the actual look, could you ask about a new skin? I really liked the old look of the website.

Click the lightbulb in the top right hand corner

hallett21

Reaction score
In the app quotes need to say who originally said them. And on website a new post button on the bottom of the page.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
It's harder to read or tell the quotes....and sigs.....the fonts are similar...things run together. Especially when some peeps use someone's quotes in their own sig. The old site was easier on the eyes. Oh...and sigs disappeared. :D
And we do need more emojis so no one's feelings get hurt when a post is taken out of context.....buncha bitches. :D

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I would like more post per page and I can't get a sig pic off my computer it wants a URL

28Eliminator

Reaction score
1. The App doesn't send notifications to your phone.
2. App wont let you use Emoji's, it deletes them.
3. Website Emoji's suck :D

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I no longer am Santa on the top of an Alfa doing donuts around a street..don't know if that gets restored at some point??

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I love how Dave keeps ignoring Brian. Keep that up and i promise to never complain again :cool::p

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I love how Dave keeps ignoring Brian. Keep that up and i promise to never complain again :cool::p

I am not ignoring anyone.. I'm putting together a list of things for the coders, and will cross things off the list as they get done. I currently have to fix about 800 articles on the front page which is what we are working on. Videos not displaying correctly, slider positions etc.. There's still a ton to do.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
unable to upload .MOV files (iPhone video)

We have never been able to upload video directly to the site.. It's always been youtube and then link to here. That's something I'm considering changing.

Groper

Reaction score
When I try to log into the moderator section it won't let me?
Please Banned Section, you should be no.#1;)

In some post where Images were posted all you'll see is (sigpic) or (pic)? with no Image.
I also see that "thanks" is gone and now there's "Like" is that a Millennial thing ?
Why are the Avatar Pics so blurry ? I just got new reading glasses and their still blurry ?
Even your AD's are blurry as well.
Other than that I like the new site :D

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Light skin or dark are the only two choices for now? Not a problem, I get that you have a TON of other shit on fire to do RD, perhaps someday we could get a skin like the old site, it looked way nicer to me anyhow, the fonts etc.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
1) Eliminate thumbnail option on pics.
2) New post number in red next to the "new post" tab.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I clicked on River Daves Place Dark expecting to see some Tits and Ass.... but it just turned the page white. Please fix this. Maybe call it River Daves After Hours?

Groper

Reaction score
I clicked on River Daves Place Dark expecting to see some Tits and Ass.... but it just turned the page white. Please fix this. Maybe call it River Daves After Hours?
How did you get your Sig Pic to display ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Light skin or dark are the only two choices for now? Not a problem, I get that you have a TON of other shit on fire to do RD, perhaps someday we could get a skin like the old site, it looked way nicer to me anyhow, the fonts etc.

The dark skin looks pretty much exactly like the old site?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

1) Eliminate thumbnail option on pics.
2) New post number in red next to the "new post" tab.

I told them to do that today..

rivergames

Reaction score
On my computer, The top 'Front Page' Folder dealio shows 5 new notifications. I click on the link and see them, then go back to the forums page and it still says 5 new notifications.

I downloaded the app. I can't make the back black? I also can't quote myself. I can't see the 'Front Page' deal on the app? Only the computer?

The app is a little slow.... Any way to speed it up? Are all the pictures small on the app until you clock on them?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I lost my Rapala in the transition but I’m ok with it since I don’t have to look at Regors elephant humping that little donkey.
Seriously, bring back the old emojis for the app and web browser.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Any Thread, (Title link) I click on, never takes me to the first post...will goto pg#49 of 75, page 2 of 5, bottom of page, but never to the beginning, post #1!

havasujeeper

Reaction score
RR, Xenforo is designed to take you to the first unread post by design. You can always circumvent this by clicking on the #1 page.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I am really trying to like the new site but in all honestly its gone backwards. Just a word of advice since I use to work for a very large website company. We always do server migrations on low traffic hours normally Saturday or Sunday because if anything were to go wrong minimal people would see it happen.

My 3 suggestions #1 The thumbnail pictures has to go asap! #2 on my iphone web browser most visited webpages it now says xenForo instead of RDP. I am guessing that is the software company you are using. #3 the advertisements use to be in prime locations where consumers would actually see them. Now they are pushed to the the corners and look out of place.

I know its a work in progress, best of luck and ill keep coming back no matter what.

Your ad here

Reaction score
The hide forum feature
Adjust post per page
Where is the subscribed thread link?
TPC sig?

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I am an admin on several forums and we are in the process of converting 20+ vBulletin forums into XenForo software. All the members on these forums have the same issues the members here have brought up. The XenForo techs are slow, but are tenacious and will resolve the issues.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Glad you started this thread Dave.

I used to be able to copy picture from one web site and paste right into a post here. I can no longer do that.

This new software in many ways went from Cadillac to Yugo.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I think it's looking good. I like using the website on the PC, still not my cup o tea on the phone though.

Few little issues with the app:
Is there a way to get "timeline" like TT had? I found the new post button on the app but it only seems to display about ~ 20 threads. To go beyond that I have to navigate thru the forums.

When I open a thread, it randomly picks a post to start at. Its rarely the first post, even if I've never opened the thread.

For some reason, I have a hell of a time getting it to go to the next page? I keep clicking the arrow forward, and nothing at all. Then somewhere between the 19th and 257th click it works. When I finally get it to go to the next page, it again randomly chooses a post, then I have to scroll back to the top on my own.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out issues. ;-)

Jeff