WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SITE QUESTIONS AND FIXES ETC..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Since everyone is asking for the world. Can I get a Filet med rare with a sweet potato on the side?

X2...

I'd like a salad with Blue Cheese dressing and chunks of fresh Blue Cheese crumbles on the side.

Oh and a rum and coke when you get a chance?

Thanks a bunch. :thumbup:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I am not ignoring anyone.. I'm putting together a list of things for the coders, and will cross things off the list as they get done. I currently have to fix about 800 articles on the front page which is what we are working on. Videos not displaying correctly, slider positions etc.. There's still a ton to do.
In that case.... i may not be back :p

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’m on the app, and I go back and forth to the site, and check new posts in all forums, and it seems like the app doesn’t show all the post, or as many as the site does. Or am I just retarded?

Icky

Reaction score
After you click new post( shit you haven't read) look for the "recent post " it'll show all the recent post even the ones you've read.
I think it's looking good. I like using the website on the PC, still not my cup o tea on the phone though.

Few little issues with the app:
Is there a way to get "timeline" like TT had? I found the new post button on the app but it only seems to display about ~ 20 threads. To go beyond that I have to navigate thru the forums.

When I open a thread, it randomly picks a post to start at. Its rarely the first post, even if I've never opened the thread.

For some reason, I have a hell of a time getting it to go to the next page? I keep clicking the arrow forward, and nothing at all. Then somewhere between the 19th and 257th click it works. When I finally get it to go to the next page, it again randomly chooses a post, then I have to scroll back to the top on my own.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out issues. ;-)

Jeff

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Yeah, I had figured out the recent thing. It still only shows like 20 ish posts though.

iOS Image - 298808639.png

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn’t even know where to start with the fixes. Except put it back to how it was and reinstate. Tapatalk. The new site seems like a step back 10 years and the app is pretty much worthless for anything but reading threads. Posting threads and replying is slow.

On the other hand. My work has benefited greatly from the new and more difficult to use RDP. . Seems like posting and participation is down across the board or maybe I’m just navigating the site incorrectly.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I'd like the number of replies per page to have options. On the old site I had it at 100 per page which made it easier to follow topics and kept down on pages.

Also, would like the option to have the most recent reply in a thread at the top. We had that option on the old version and I liked not having to scroll to the bottom of the page to get the most recent reply.

Groper

Reaction score
X2...

I'd like a salad with Blue Cheese dressing and chunks of fresh Blue Cheese crumbles on the side.

Oh and a rum and coke when you get a chance?

Thanks a bunch. :thumbup:
I'll have the same as my friend with Croutons on the Salad and instead of the R&C, a DBL Kettle-1 on the rocks with extra limes please o_O

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I like the new site. Love that new ignore feature. Don't have to see grads or that Brian guys post anymore. Brian wasn't terrible, just annoying.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I like the new site. Love that new ignore feature. Don't have to see grads or that Brian guys post anymore. Brian wasn't terrible, just annoying.
Who are you? I don't even have to ignore you because you don't even post.

buck35

Reaction score
Not a problem, but the old site listed members online as well as total.will that come back? And yes at least 50 threads per page please.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Oh snap. Noted. If I am "that Brian guy" lumped in with grads. That is pretty low. and rvrlvr liking it?

GRADS

Reaction score
Oh snap. Noted. If I am "that Brian guy" lumped in with grads. That is pretty low. and rvrlvr liking it?
Welcome to the club, I'll teach you the secret handshake later.:D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Trust me Brian, you don't want to know how his "handshake" works.
Sorry peeps, the ignore function works waaaay better now, just like FB, their content is poofed completely, posts, quotes or otherwise. Sorry. ;)

GRADS

Reaction score
Sorry peeps, the ignore function works waaaay better now, just like FB, their content is poofed completely, posts, quotes or otherwise. Sorry. ;)
You get the gist of it or should I say the jizz of it?

Icky

Reaction score
Not good enough:cool:
Screenshot_20171116-104123~2.png

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Not good enough:cool:

Ok, dicks. Your prices just went up and beers are no longer on me. :)

I had a feeling when I hit enter on that post I was giving you information to do just what you did. My bad.

If I never meet grads, it will be too soon. I don't need any secret handshake.

All the best!!!

Brian

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So far with it all being new things seem great.
Only thing I’ll bring up as i just hit “read new posts” rather then enter specific forum sections. When you hit read new it doesn’t include ones you’ve just posted yourself into or you’re own threads until someone else posts or comments on the same thread.

Icky

Reaction score
Ok, dicks. Your prices just went up and beers are no longer on me. :)

I had a feeling when I hit enter on that post I was giving you information to do just what you did. My bad.

If I never meet grads, it will be too soon. I don't need any secret handshake.

All the best!!!

Brian
Shit, I'm gonna delete it till I pay for my parts:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On my computer, The top 'Front Page' Folder dealio shows 5 new notifications. I click on the link and see them, then go back to the forums page and it still says 5 new notifications.

I downloaded the app. I can't make the back black? I also can't quote myself. I can't see the 'Front Page' deal on the app? Only the computer?

The app is a little slow.... Any way to speed it up? Are all the pictures small on the app until you clock on them?

OK, I asked what that little # was in the top right hand corner.. Apparently those are new published articles. That # is going to bounce around a little while we are getting the front page sorted. Once we get that sorted that notification will appear when their's new articles on the front page. (A feature I like!)

Not sure why you'd want to quote yourself, but I can ask about it.

The app is lightning fast on my phone for reading.. The browser smokes it for uploading pics etc though.. I"m used to the browser now so don't plan on using the app much.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wouldn’t even know where to start with the fixes. Except put it back to how it was and reinstate. Tapatalk. The new site seems like a step back 10 years and the app is pretty much worthless for anything but reading threads. Posting threads and replying is slow.

On the other hand. My work has benefited greatly from the new and more difficult to use RDP. . Seems like posting and participation is down across the board or maybe I’m just navigating the site incorrectly.

Billdo having been on a trip to Florida and being able to upload quite literally 100's of pictures in minutes I have to disagree.. The old site / tapatalk was a one at a time picture deal unless you were on a PC.. Hell even Mac's were one at a time. I can upload 30 pics in like 2 minutes with the browser on my phone now.

The app is similar to tapatalk, but is missing some features. App business is extremely complex and slow moving, so we are going to need some time to start working on that. It is a 3rd party deal, and slow moving but people wanted it. We pay monthly for it.

In theory I could install Tapatalk on this website, but I'm really trying to steer clear of it. The shit they did without even asking us (the forum owners) had me seeing red. They just decided to put a chat room up.. None of us even knew about it? Then they decided to have their own "PM" system and you'd have to click this little tiny barely visible button to use the forum pm's. Then they decided they wanted to try to host pics (again didn't ask us) and just did it.. Then they tried video.. Then that all failed and we lost all the content because they couldn't keep the servers up etc..

I really don't like putting our deal in other peoples hands.. At least now it's all under one roof.

RD

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Dave is here spending his hardly earned money trying to make a fun place a little more fun and here we all are complaining.

Good job RDP peeps lets bug the shit out of him till it’s the way WE want it RD Sux

Advantage 1

Reaction score
The 'watched thread' feature seems to randomly turn itself on in every third thread I post into.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave is here spending his hardly earned money trying to make a fun place a little more fun and here we all are complaining.

Good job RDP peeps lets bug the shit out of him till it’s the way WE want it RD Sux

I appreciate all the feedback both positive and negative! It's helping me to dial in the site (which does take time).

I think some of it is just getting familiar with the software though. I think as people use it they will see a lot of the potential this software has.

For example this weekend is the sand and water show. With the old software I would take photos and then try to upload a few over the weekend and spend a couple hours doing it after the show on Tuesday. I will have pics of the entire show up the morning it opens.. the cameras have come so far on phones and the ability to mass upload now makes it a no brainer.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
RD is there any word about our picture galleries yet? I haven't seen any mentions about it.

rivergames

Reaction score
Not sure why you'd want to quote yourself, but I can ask about it. RD

Everyone quotes themselves. It's the cool thing to do these days

Or....I hate everyone and only want to rephrase my own quotes....

Either way, it wasn't workin properly :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have a long list for them and it is on it.. but I'll ask them in skype right now.
Perfect Dave, thank you. Otherwise, the site is cool, change is inevitable. keep up the good work. :)

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
How about a "new posts" button at the bottom .... Like there is at the very top.

When I'm finished reading a thread it would be cool to have that option instead of having to scroll to the top and hit it there.

Site looks good Dave

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Billdo having been on a trip to Florida and being able to upload quite literally 100's of pictures in minutes I have to disagree.. The old site / tapatalk was a one at a time picture deal unless you were on a PC.. Hell even Mac's were one at a time. I can upload 30 pics in like 2 minutes with the browser on my phone now.

The app is similar to tapatalk, but is missing some features. App business is extremely complex and slow moving, so we are going to need some time to start working on that. It is a 3rd party deal, and slow moving but people wanted it. We pay monthly for it.

In theory I could install Tapatalk on this website, but I'm really trying to steer clear of it. The shit they did without even asking us (the forum owners) had me seeing red. They just decided to put a chat room up.. None of us even knew about it? Then they decided to have their own "PM" system and you'd have to click this little tiny barely visible button to use the forum pm's. Then they decided they wanted to try to host pics (again didn't ask us) and just did it.. Then they tried video.. Then that all failed and we lost all the content because they couldn't keep the servers up etc..

I really don't like putting our deal in other peoples hands.. At least now it's all under one roof.

RD

I would’ve responded sooner but this app doesn’t send alerts and then when you go into notifications you have to sift through the thread to find where your post was quoted.

As far as the tapatalk issues. As a poster on here none of that affects me. Their app makes it easy to use and follow the things you want to and ignore the things you don’t.

This app.....not so much. If I needed to upload hundreds of photos at a time I guess that will be a benefit.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I had Tapashit for a while. I haven't done the app yet ... and I highly doubt I will. I'm just using the browser.

What will the app offer differently than the browser does???

What would the advantage of using the app be?

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Why am I a well known member? I thought I was top secret... :rolleyes:

Edit... I just posted and I'm still the Asset.. LOL :missb: <----- what is this? Where is my emoji?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Is there a way to edit posts on the app? I can't figure out how

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Kudos to you Dave. I know the cost of the transition, and you really must love the folks in here in order to spend those bucks for the transition. I personally would have told them to cough up the bucks or it ain't gunna happen!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
When logging in via the App, At the River - all episodes play just fine now. When logging in not via the App, they remain long links that do not activate.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
If we could upload video from a phone, home fucking run.

shan

Reaction score
i don't have much constructive feedback, but it sucks from a computer. I don't access it from a phone, but pictures aren't shown in threads and and I have to click on them. Everything just seems more clunky, but I'm probably not not your "normal" user.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would’ve responded sooner but this app doesn’t send alerts and then when you go into notifications you have to sift through the thread to find where your post was quoted.

As far as the tapatalk issues. As a poster on here none of that affects me. Their app makes it easy to use and follow the things you want to and ignore the things you don’t.

This app.....not so much. If I needed to upload hundreds of photos at a time I guess that will be a benefit.

That would be done through he browser not the app..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had Tapashit for a while. I haven't done the app yet ... and I highly doubt I will. I'm just using the browser.

What will the app offer differently than the browser does???

What would the advantage of using the app be?

Just makes it quicker to navigate and read..

Honestly he broweser from the phone is better