WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SITE QUESTIONS AND FIXES ETC..

73mandella

Reaction score
What posts/threads show up on "new posts"? I've started a few new threads, such as the one on the Bluewater event this weekend, and it does not show up under new posts. I initially posted it in the one regarding racing evens.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Dave there is a way to make it so we can change our custom title from well-known member to something else but it is currently disabled. A little birdie told me so. So fix that shit.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Dave, are you going to enable tagging members in posts?
The other zenfro forum I'm on has this, makes it easy to grab someone's attention.
Simpley type @RiverDave for example and it would alert you.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Dave, are you going to enable tagging members in posts?
The other zenfro forum I'm on has this, makes it easy to grab someone's attention.
Simpley type @RiverDave for example and it would alert you.
How awesome would that be?!!! You could post fucked up pictures and tag people in them. :D:p

Gelcoater

Reaction score
How awesome would that be?!!! You could post fucked up pictures and tag people in them. :D:p
It works well if you happen upon a thread you know a particular member would enjoy that may not have seen the thread.
Like, if someone posted a thread wanting suggestions on which dildo is "the best", folks would tag you. :D
Is a handy tool.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So some updates..

Stickies are a different color now
@Member is now enabled
We turned off the P&G forum in new posts for everyone.. This will be coded in and selectable in the members profiles soon enough
We are changing it from 20 threads to 50 threads per page (globally), and same with posts displayed per page. (should be done in a few minutes)

Russ is on vacation, but will complete the rest of the list when he is back.

RD

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What posts/threads show up on "new posts"? I've started a few new threads, such as the one on the Bluewater event this weekend, and it does not show up under new posts. I initially posted it in the one regarding racing evens.

If no one posts to said thread, it won't show up in View New Posts. Once someone else posts to it, it Should show up there.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
So some updates..

Stickies are a different color now
@Member is now enabled
We turned off the P&G forum in new posts for everyone.. This will be coded in and selectable in the members profiles soon enough
We are changing it from 20 threads to 50 threads per page (globally), and same with posts displayed per page. (should be done in a few minutes)

Russ is on vacation, but will complete the rest of the list when he is back.

RD

That sux ... posts per page should be either 10, 20, 30, 40, etc., etc.

40 threads per page is fine, but you should be able to choose how many posts per page.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Dave there is a way to make it so we can change our custom title from well-known member to something else but it is currently disabled. A little birdie told me so. So fix that shit.
Did you figure it out yet?

Groper

Reaction score
I received a PM, now where is the "Reply" box ?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Good Morning RD. Is there any word if the member picture galleries would be restored? Thanks, Brian

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Now the P&G is not showing in New Posts!!!!!!!!!

Plankton Every thin I do is wrong .gif

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
20bswj.jpg

Can you clean up/shorten the URL (at least get rid of XENFORO)?

buck35

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem clicking on threads and getting nothing ? Not sure if its my tablet or something else. Sometimes they pop right up and others I get blip blip blip and nothing.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I am also getting "License Expired" when I try to connect via the App. Unfortunate, the app was the only way I could view At the River episodes.

buck35

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem clicking on threads and getting nothing ? Not sure if its my tablet or something else. Sometimes they pop right up and others I get blip blip blip and nothing.
Nuttin?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Is it only me. But when you use the search function it pulls up the Years randomly. It would be nice if it started with the lastest date to the oldest.

4Waters

Reaction score
Get rid of the sent from my IPhone at the bottom of the post, it screws with a reply.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Alright guys.. Let me get through the rather extensive list first and I'll get started on these. Got a lot of stuff going and we can only do one thing at a time.

RD

Sandlord

Reaction score
whatever changes were made today just made the website crawl to a near stop on my computer

Admin Dude

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about that guys, an oversight, should be back upto blazing fast speeds.

Admin Dude

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about that guys, an oversight, should be back upto blazing fast speeds.

River Runnin

Reaction score
(You have insufficient privileges to post here.) In the gallery!

4Waters

Reaction score
When are the rest of the emojis going to be put on, I'm sure it's in the works just wondering a time frame. Also don't forget the poop emoji.

Heylam

Reaction score
The site is like a hard on. You fuck too much with it, you’ll lose it.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Why doesn't my thread show up in the New Posts when just added to??

River Dan

Reaction score
I got a new iPad today loaded the app. Opens on my iPhone, but on my pad I get a license expired. Does the only work on the iPhone?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Is the agonizing slow loading speed affecting visitor and view counts?

Sandlord

Reaction score
Is the agonizing slow loading speed affecting visitor and view counts?

Judging by the number of double posts lately, It would appear post counts are up. lol

buck35

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Sandlord, post: 2841733, member: 5997[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]mber of double posts lately, It would appear post counts are up. lol[/QUOTE]
Judging by the # of new threads , many may be having the same problems I have .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Judging by the number of double posts lately, It would appear post counts are up. lol

The double posts were happening when the site was running slow because of compiling issues.

People would hit submit more than once.

Sandlord

Reaction score
The double posts were happening when the site was running slow because of compiling issues.

People would hit submit more than once.

I figured it was something like that. Its like the guy at work that keeps hitting the print button expecting it to suddenly work. then when you cycle the power on the printer you get dozens of duplicate print jobs.

Glad to see the updated board running better all the time. Thanks Dave

73mandella

Reaction score
Is Eddie's Marine (Arizona) on this site? I've searched for over an hour and cannot figure how to send them a PM. I'm not very computer literate, but it just can't be this difficult, it wasn't before the update.

Thanks,

Richard

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Why is the time on posts sometimes wrong, like a few hours in the future? Later they may correct themselves. Seems worse when not logged in, but still does it when logged in.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Seems like when I post something in a boating thread it does not show up in the "new posts" area .

Should I now post my boating responses in the "political pages", so they may be seen ?

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
By time stamp above . My post above sent this thread OFF of the NEW POSTS area, and back to the Lounge only .

This thread was about 60 (+-) out of 200, and my post sent it off that ranking ?

Placed a post in "Machining" last night, little after 9 PM . It never showed up on NEW POSTS, at all .

The site does not do this in P & G, (very quick responses) but most everywhere else, my posts/replies are lost for hours or days, having been sent back to the AREA of the post, but not back to that thread remaining in the NEW POST LIST .

Hope you can understand what I'm saying ........