WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So Rhino, Kawi or Polaris?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well with the boat industry being what it is right now, I think I can get a pretty wicked deal on a gelcoat.. So I'm holding my 2 nickels back until I figure out which one is giong to benefit me most. :)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So where does the Artic Cat stack up in all of this? Not that I've been out shopping or anything.. LOL but I happened to sit in one, and I liked it alot. I think the front end on them looks way better then a Rhino and the Polaris.. The "cage" for lack of a better wasn't overly eye appealing, but i could see how it could be very easy to secure accessories (speakers etc.. to it. (square style tubing)

All things being = I think I like the Polaris, or the Polaris "crew" the best.. but after people saying they had so many problems with them I'm a little "leary" to say the least.

RD

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I watched a guy at Glamis jump the railroad tracks twice with four full sized guys in a stock Ranger. Those things are big but it held up fine.

I've put only 900 miles on my 06 Rhino, mostly at Glamis. It had an issue with the rear brake dragging when new but was fixed under warranty. No other issues. I'm looking for a sand car trade up/cash deal now, my in laws have their rihino/jeep in Parker so I can use their stuff when I hang up there.;) A clutch, sheeve, intake and paddles made my Rhino go everywhere minus Comp and China wall. Just ready for more speed:D

You have the idea right in finding what works for you Dave. The Rhino was pretty much the first of the sport utv's. It's being surpassed by the competition but it's still a contender and the 8 or so I run with have all been very reliable over the last two seasons.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The rzr is just a 2 seater, though some folk have put a bench seat in.
Definately add wheel spacers, or the wider wheels like we did.

The rzr group we run with has had no belt nor warranty problems.
One leaky seal (happens if you over fill the crank), quickly fixed under warranty,, and most have over 300 hour running time with zero defects.

I bought the wife the 2008 model Rzr with 33 improvements over the 2007.

If ya remove the running shaft-to-tranny spacer they'll do 68 mph easily and quickly.
Our does a legit 57 stock, and gets there fast.

We like the Kawai for a 4 seater because the V twin is a real torkie motor and seems a bit more stable on the steep angles with the kids in the back,,, and it's different.

I'd get fuel injection if I could in all my purchases because re-jetting Carbs is yet another thing ya gotta do on some trips,, and I have enough to do already without fussing with them.

The Rhino, The Rzr and the Kawai Teryx all drive, ride and handle differently.
Nothing wrong with any of them it's what you feel comfortable with.

The Rzr is a blast,, the ride supurb.
RZR.jpg

phuggit

Reaction score
An update on my Ranger problem. Polaris stepped up and installed a new transmission.

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Dave, my bro-in-law has the new Ranger Crew and it is pretty cool. It runs neck and neck with my stock Rhino. The fact that it seats 6 was the key for him and his tater tots.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, my bro-in-law has the new Ranger Crew and it is pretty cool. It runs neck and neck with my stock Rhino. The fact that it seats 6 was the key for him and his tater tots.

I think at this stage in the game, we're just kinda waiting to see what happens.. I'd really like to buy a house, so we're saving alot of our money and working towards that goal. Not to mention we're dropping cubic dollars into this site at every turn trying to make a run at it..

RD

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Not to mention we're dropping cubic dollars into this site at every turn trying to make a run at it..

bandwidth is expensive! Picture threads will kill you in the long run. So will linked images and avatars from here to other sites.

Good luck. I am homeless now too. I need to save some cash but I just seem to keep buying toys.. :eek:

Kanzalez

Reaction score
Here's what i know. I have a carbed Rhino. plenty fast they all need shock help. The FI version is nice but i can live without mapping and such every time i do a performance mod. Carb version is gas and go.

The Kawi is very good. I've driven them and raced them in my rhino. That v-twin is awesome and trouble free. It has been in their quad for years, so don't sweat the worries about being in the dirt. Their stock airbox is safer than a rhino anyway. Also the dif lock is progressive AND on the fly. The rhinio is neither.

The Ranger is a tank. They are solid. but the bench seat is lame and they can't begin to run with the rhino or kawi offroad without a bunch of $$$

I know several people that have run the shit out of their Rangers and no issues so i would not sweat that issue. Go with what fits your needs best. As long as you maintain them all faithfully, you should be good to go with any of the three.

Enjoy!:D:beer:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We opted to go the boat route, and get the gel coat..

But I'll throw another in the mix here just for the sake of the thread.

How does the John Deere "Gator" stack up in all of this.

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
We opted to go the boat route, and get the gel coat..

But I'll throw another in the mix here just for the sake of the thread.

How does the John Deere "Gator" stack up in all of this.

RD

Great if you don't mind being slow and a redneck. :thumbsup:beer
________
FORD MODEL F SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

Saw this at a shop today...

Attachments

• P1020100 (Medium).JPG
    P1020100 (Medium).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 337
  • P1020102 (Medium).JPG
    P1020102 (Medium).JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 338
  • P1020103 (Medium).JPG
    P1020103 (Medium).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 345
  • P1020104 (Medium).JPG
    P1020104 (Medium).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 335
  • P1020105 (Medium).JPG
    P1020105 (Medium).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 331

phuggit

Reaction score
I like the Twisted Stitch seats. The guy that started the company is a Havasu transplant and long time boater.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bitchen!!! Turbo'd Razor?

Seats are bitchen as well!

RD

D

Deleted Account

Bitchen!!! Turbo'd Razor?

Seats are bitchen as well!

RD

No Limitz in Corona is building five of them for a guy in Dubai... They are pretty frigging cool. Those seats are very nice. They are waiting for one part and then they can run the two deals they turbo'd. I think I'll wait for the cage to be attached...:thumbsup:)

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
I think we might pull the trigger on a RZR in the next week.

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
Jen wants one so I am not going to argue. :thumbsup

Seems like a pretty good reason to me!!! :beer

And they say my g/f has my balls. :rolleyes::skull:skull

Only because she took them back from Pole Tickle. :beer

The difference is, the girl with Phat Matt's balls has him buying the cool stuff. It could all change someday if he ended up in some kind of contractual relationship. ;)

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
Trigger pulled. :D

The Paiute trail is going to be a blast over the 4th of July weekend. :thumbsup

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
Right the hell on. Congrats to you and yours Sir. :beer

Thanks. I just picked it up from Chaparral about an hour ago.

It's in the garage now. This thing looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. :D

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
It's in the garage now. This thing looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. :D

You have no idea. I drug my feet, and drug my feet, and now that it's hot, I'm bummed that it just sits in the garage. Go out about once a week with the Ipod and sit in the seat, listening to tunes, and wait for it to cool off. :beer

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
You have no idea. I drug my feet, and drug my feet, and now that it's hot, I'm bummed that it just sits in the garage. Go out about once a week with the Ipod and sit in the seat, listening to tunes, and wait for it to cool off. :beer

Fortunately for us we can head up to the mountains and hit the trails during the summer.

Ocotillo this winter should be even more fun now. After my hands are numb from riding the bike I can jump in the RZR. Even better is I can now ride at night. :D

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
HID's and crow 5 points are installed and we haven't even taken it out yet. :)

phuggit

Reaction score
Matt, Put up some pice of the Piute trail when you get back. The wife and I have been talking about going there when our son is a little older.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I still have a fuego light and a led whip with billet mount im not using, and would sell pretty cheap Phat matt

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
Matt, Put up some pice of the Piute trail when you get back. The wife and I have been talking about going there when our son is a little older.

Just got back tonight. It was a great trip. I haven't even looked at the pics yet. The trail riding goes on forever there. It's also very cool to just leave from my mom's house in the Rangers and up and over the mountains.

I'll post some pics in a bit.

Phat Matt

Box Pimp
Reaction score
I still have a fuego light and a led whip with billet mount im not using, and would sell pretty cheap Phat matt

I have an LED whip but don't have the mount yet. Send me a PM with the stuff you have and a price. :)

Dabeer222

Havasulvr
Reaction score
What's the verdict? Are the new Kawi's better then both? Or the Rhino and Polaris still about even with the Kawi falling behind?

Any word?

just for cruising around, and offroading etc.. Yes on the back seat, but not into long travel and dumping 10 grand into one of these deals aftermarket.

RD

hat about Arctic Cat????????????