WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

sons machine

brgrcru

Reaction score
My 22 year old son bought this Emco. and took off with machining. My dad was a tool maker/machinist. for some reason he did want me to get into it? But my son loves it, works full time for my brother-in-law at his shop the last 3 years.then comes home and works another 4-6 hours on his own stuff. had to make room in our garage from him. so he can get off the ground, until he has his own shop. My dad would be super proud of him as I am.

Attachments

• march 2016 038.jpg
    march 2016 038.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 129

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Wow, that's a nice piece of equipment. Nice to be able to make one off parts. :) Congrats

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Strange he bought a lathe? For home use I would have thought he would have went with a mill? Bad ass in any regard!

brgrcru

Reaction score
Not for home use. he he has it home, to get started, and not have to much overhead. He is using it to make money. dads parts have to be made, when machine doesn't have a job. he does excess work for his uncle. then runs his own parts. He is lucky, that he is able to use his uncles mills, to do any mill work. His next machine will be a mill and surface grinder.
its just a start, but he has to start somewhere. and our garage is somewhere. ;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Not for home use. he he has it home, to get started, and not have to much overhead. He is using it to make money. dads parts have to be made, when machine doesn't have a job. he does excess work for his uncle. then runs his own parts. He is lucky, that he is able to use his uncles mills, to do any mill work. His next machine will be a mill and surface grinder.
its just a start, but he has to start somewhere. and our garage is somewhere. ;)

I will offer any support I can. I am far away, but anything I can do to help, I will.

I ran for four years out of my garage at home.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I will offer any support I can. I am far away, but anything I can do to help, I will.

I ran for four years out of my garage at home.

wow Brian ! that is real nice. I will let him know. on another note > I am not making the Hanger show.:thumbsdown wifey says we are invited to something I dont want to go to. :grumble:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
wow Brian ! that is real nice. I will let him know. on another note > I am not making the Hanger show.:thumbsdown wifey says we are invited to something I dont want to go to. :grumble:

Sure bud. I will send you my contact.