WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Spray tan on vinyl - how do you get it off?

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
So one of the girls joining us this weekend got a spray tan and then didn't sit on a towel. Now my seat looks dirty. I've tried Boat Bling vinyl sauce, Boat Candy vinyl glean, magic eraser, simple green and a mild diluted degreaser. Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

HavaToon

Reaction score
So one of the girls joining us this weekend got a spray tan and then didn't sit on a towel. Now my seat looks dirty. I've tried Boat Bling vinyl sauce, Boat Candy vinyl glean, magic eraser, simple green and a mild diluted degreaser. Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

Have her buy you a new seat.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I used water and vinegar immediately after seeing it and it came right off.. It didn't sit long though pretty much a 15-20 minute boat ride

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The sun may just fade it away in time. Frustrating for sure

charlyox

Reaction score
I had some marks on my seats. I tried everything I had and finally I tried GAS and it worked.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! That's kind of what I thought. I understand that the iodine in the tanning solution is dying the vinyl. I may have to try something stronger or just hope the sun starts bleaching it out.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
You might try goof off. It's a solvent...that spray tan is pigment, binder, and surfactant.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! That's kind of what I thought. I understand that the iodine in the tanning solution is dying the vinyl. I may have to try something stronger or just hope the sun starts bleaching it out.

Trade the Nordic in for a new DCB.....problem solved:D

fmo24

Reaction score
Try scrubbing bubbles. Follow with a vinyl protectant

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That sucks and am surprised to hear the magic eraser didnt work.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
The sun will (hope) bleach it out in time .
I'm always fighting the sun block turning the white vinyl a bit orange.
Boat Bling is a good product .
I also use Flite with great results for cleaning .It has cleaned areas that others had a tuff time with .
www.flitecleaningsolutions.com

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Just take her share of gas, beer, and food money and get the seat recovered.

:D

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I would be worried that your going to destroy the vinyl using so many harsh chemicals. Probably better to let the sun and time ware it off. If magic eraser and Vinyl sauce didn't work its on there pretty good. I F'ing hate chics that spray tan. I don't understand why everyone wants to look like the Jersey shore people.

LB247XS

Reaction score
I use magic erasers and foam scrubbing bubble stuff then follow up with Vinyl Sauce.i worked on spray tan removal in my boat last summer

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Glad to read you all had success. I never could get the stains off.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Thanks again for the great and often, funny responses! There's a few more things I'm going to try. On a positive note, it looks like it faded a bit after being in the sun today. We'll see!!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Don't let guidos and guidettes on the boat, problem solved :p

Like someone said try some kerosene first, then gasoline in an area that won't be seen first to test if it will react with your vinyl.

Kerosene/diesel is less reactive so i'd try that first.

robby dmax

Reaction score
Let the sun bleach it out...just takes a little time

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Kurt, I had a bad stain in mine last year from the same spray tan stuff.. I tried a bunch of things and it really didn't do much. It's gone now.. I assume the sun bleached it out.. Lol.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Kurt, I had a bad stain in mine last year from the same spray tan stuff.. I tried a bunch of things and it really didn't do much. It's gone now.. I assume the sun bleached it out.. Lol.

Very cool! It did look a little lighter today so that's a good sign. I'll just have to take more trips out, just to get the seat clean of course!!

mxrod

Reaction score

I had that exact situation. Boat bling " vinyl sauce" and a soft to medium hard bathroom brush. Scrub and wipe off with a towel. One problem, the upholstery will be so clean you have to do your whole interior. Every one thinks i have new int in my 2004 Lavey Craft