WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stoker deck

Dog boy

Reaction score
Any Stoker guy's here know anything about this.Have had the boat for only a week and noticed that on the top of the deck Fwd. of the front passenger seat there is a slight rise in the deck/bubble.Looked under the hull and there is a stacked doubler fiberglassed under the spot.Looks to have been done when made or quite some time ago.My question,is this something that was a problem on the hulls or was it a repair.The boat is extremely clean, just want some input from the members here who know these hulls if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 280

shueman

Reaction score
As you PM'd, that's a late 80's build ... hard to say what's going on there ... I can ask around at the shop

Dog boy

Reaction score
As you PM'd, that's a late 80's build ... hard to say what's going on there ... I can ask around at the shop

Got the answer, member that had owned it for years and took very good care of the boat said the guy that owned it previously had the piece installed to add a stereo head unit under the deck.Look's like I'm going to have some glass work done this winter.Don't know why people do stuff like this.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Not sure why he did it that way either. It didn't bother me and I just left it alone.

My understanding was that he added the additional material under the deck and fiber-glassed it in and when the fiberglass cures it shrinks which caused the deck to lift like what is shown in the picture. I had the shop that color sanded the boat look at it and they confirmed that and said to not worry about it.

Got the answer, member that had owned it for years and took very good care of the boat said the guy that owned it previously had the piece installed to add a stereo head unit under the deck.Look's like I'm going to have some glass work done this winter.Don't know why people do stuff like this.