WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SXS pics.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Also looks like the shocks could use a little more preload. That thing has a little ghetto lean going on. Looks great though. Should ride nice. Wish I was a baller and could afford some good suspension. :skull

Whats preload mean. The guy that installed the kit used to work for LTI and set mine up the same as his dads kit which is 2 years old.

Dan....What offset rim should I be using...

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Looks real good:thumbsup But
Back end looks too soft. Tighten up the coils. But what do I know I have a Ranger:blah:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Looks great....

I would set the preload so the front of the car is 12.5" from the ground to bottom of chassis. Do 12" in the rear and see how it sits.

I agree with dan on the wheels.....your gonna blow out your spindles with that off set and the steering will be terrible. You need standard off set (stock wheels)

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Whats preload mean. The guy that installed the kit used to work for LTI and set mine up the same as his dads kit which is 2 years old.

Dan....What offset rim should I be using...

You need a 4+3 or 5+2 offset. The ones you have a 2+5's.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'd swap to some 5+2 offset wheels first, before messing with your preload. This may take care of some of the rear-and sag.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
5+2 with 25's on 12's.;)

Looking good.

There are some badass SXS's on this site.:thumbsup

TOBTEK

Reaction score
attachment.php

[video=youtube;1WqazleR3FE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WqazleR3FE[/video]

Looks good Mr V. But yes...looks way soft in the rear. I had a gentleman that sets up off raod race trucks for a living drive my car. He said mine was wacked from you know who also. He sets up most on the too spongy side. im gonna pay him to go test for the day. He brings several different springs, and everything needed to get the car right in one day.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Looks great....

I would set the preload so the front of the car is 12.5" from the ground to bottom of chassis. Do 12" in the rear and see how it sits.

I agree with dan on the wheels.....your gonna blow out your spindles with that off set and the steering will be terrible. You need standard off set (stock wheels)

Can this wait until after T-Day weekend. I'm leaving Wed and don't have time to be getting new rims and adjusting shocks. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just measured and the bottom of the rhino is 12" in the front and 10.5" in the back. The back tires measures 73" across from outside of the tires and 69" in the front. So I really don't have that much difference in the offset in the front. Knowing this does this change anything.

Last edited:

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Can this wait until after T-Day weekend. I'm leaving Wed and don't have time to be getting new rims and adjusting shocks. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just measured and the bottom of the rhino is 12" in the front and 10.5" in the back. The back tires measures 73" across from outside of the tires and 69" in the front. So I really don't have that much difference in the offset in the front. Knowing this does this change anything.

I used to run the same LT kit and I agree with what has been said so far. Swap out your wheels....right now the rims go out from the mounting surface and this puts a huge amount of twist on the spindles...just like a long wrench handle....the wheels you want move the rim towards the inside of the Rhino reducing the "twist" put on the spindles, basically centering the rim and tire over the mounting surface. As far as pre-load, on the King shocks it's easy to do. Jack the Rhino up so the tires are off the ground and the suspension is fully drooped out. Above the spring is a ring with a locking bolt in it....you will need an allen wrench to loosen the bolt and then you can insert an allen wrench or screwdriver into one of the holes on the ring and spin it down, compressing the spring more. Just make sure you measure from a known point and make sure both shocks on the rear are the same. Play around a little with the height to get it where you want. Also remember the springs will sag after a few months and you'll need to re-adjust. Should only take you about 30 min. to adjust.

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Love your Rhino but in love with your house too!!! Is that in Cali?

Yes I'm in Cali...Yorba Linda

I used to run the same LT kit and I agree with what has been said so far. Swap out your wheels....right now the rims go out from the mounting surface and this puts a huge amount of twist on the spindles...just like a long wrench handle....the wheels you want move the rim towards the inside of the Rhino reducing the "twist" put on the spindles, basically centering the rim and tire over the mounting surface. As far as pre-load, on the King shocks it's easy to do. Jack the Rhino up so the tires are off the ground and the suspension is fully drooped out. Above the spring is a ring with a locking bolt in it....you will need an allen wrench to loosen the bolt and then you can insert an allen wrench or screwdriver into one of the holes on the ring and spin it down, compressing the spring more. Just make sure you measure from a known point and make sure both shocks on the rear are the same. Play around a little with the height to get it where you want. Also remember the springs will sag after a few months and you'll need to re-adjust. Should only take you about 30 min. to adjust.

Ok where do I go to get new wheels before Weds.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

I would do as Mock said swap wheels and shoot for 12.5" of height in front and raise the back 1.5-2 inches.

waterhorse

Reaction score
I'm ridin' this, it's kind of an antique side x side.:D

Attachments

• P4300231.jpg
    P4300231.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 367

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Yes I'm in Cali...Yorba Linda

Ok where do I go to get new wheels before Weds.

I called my hook-ups but I got nothing for you. Brian at LTI might be able to help you out.

How about you guys..Dan, Brandin....any hook-ups?

Chris

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I called my hook-ups but I got nothing for you. Brian at LTI might be able to help you out.

How about you guys..Dan, Brandin....any hook-ups?

Chris

I can't find anybody yet either. I may use my 14" tires that I use on the street. They maybe more narrow. My buddy is 66" in the back, I'm at 73". He's 64" in the front I'm at 69".

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Brandin...Those are 14" My wheels are 12". I will look for that clip when I get home. I will call Dycorp.

Edit: Heading over to Dycorp now.

I just sent you the page for 14" they have 12's;)

Dycorp had pretty fair prices last time I was there.

Cool deal....see if there are clipson the axels.....I am struggling to find any in stock....fuck:bash::grumble::D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I still can't believe you broke a clip. Those things are harder than shit.

it was a learning curve...lol

Like you said in the email you need about 15 hands to hold the axel and clips with a flat head when you hammer it home. The first one I tried to do with just jen and part of the clip sprung out when I smacked it.....broke pretty easy actually:D:skull

Evidently these things are like gold......

I have found 1.....1 shop in 2 states that has them in stock. Probably have to spend $25.00 in shipping a $2.00 part to have it tommorow. Or I can drive to banning and get one from a guy on the rhino forms:bash:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Banning? I'll be passing through meth city tomorrow morning but I left my glock with the wife, otherwise I'd stop for ya.:D

Stop by and grab my Springfield XD40:D:D

Thing never jams and the serial # won't go back to you foor capping some crack heads...lol:bash::skull

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
i can have wheels the next day... i haqve a 45min window and i can have them tomorrow

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
we have better prices than either of these guys....

i might be slow in build a cart but wheels and tires we ship daily and if i dont have them ins tock we have them next day ready to go...:D:D

Damm...You should advertise on here so I would have know to call you. :smackhead :D

Wheels are supposed to be in tomorrow.

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
Damm...You should advertise on here so I would have know to call you. :smackhead :D

Wheels are supposed to be in tomorrow.

well i am a sponsor of RDP you should call first... been busy tryn g to get everybodies stuff done for turkey day

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
well i am a sponsor of RDP you should call first... been busy tryn g to get everybodies stuff done for turkey day

Yes I should have...:grumble: They reused my clip on my LT kit...

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
no worries next time or when you need paddles or replacements and tell a freind... im down to 1 helper 3 days a week and no wirele3ss at the house so if im not on RDP just give us a call if no answer leave a message... have a wonderful turkey day and be safe....

TOBTEK

Reaction score
SOOOOOOOO what did you find Bobbie? I can get you the new DWT Diablo's TODAY ? Tomorrow if you want them. I'd run them, they are killer looking. Better then any ITP Wheel IMO.

Outdrive1

Reaction score

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 407

TOBTEK

Reaction score
yeah....those are cute Paul. When are we having the RDP Glamis Weekend? Can probably even get Mr Happy ( 01 ) to attend.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Cute.:grumble::D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Switched the 2+5 rims with the 5+2 Rims...Saved 6" overall front and back. Now I'm 12" in the front and 11" in the back. What do you think now. Doesn't matter what Tobie thinks..:D

Long Travel Part 2 027.jpg

Long Travel Part 2 028.jpg

Long Travel Part 2 029.jpg

Long Travel Part 2 030.jpg

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Much better. STi rims?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
what do you think of the new STI wheels????

So far so good. They look kinda like my 14" ITP SS rims..

now your ready......:cool:

How far down did you have to come from the top of the threads?

I didn't adjust anything yet. The new offset rims brought it up a little. LTI says 13" in the back and 12.5" in the front. I'm 11" back and 12" front. I quess I can adjust them this weekend. From their site.

PERFORMANCE:

Wheel travel was kept to a conservative 12.5 in the front to prevent C/V binding at full droop with the wheels turned and a 13.0 of travel in the rear to keep the back tires from hitting the bed sides. DONT be fooled by ads stating 14.0 plus inches of wheel travel, those kits put the front out board C/Vs in a bind at full droop and put the rear tires into the bed sides at full compression. Our specifically valved shock made specifically for our kit by King Shocks combined with our engineered suspension system will out perform a ill handling off the shelf system with shocks you need to adjust so they work and some extended A-arms.

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So far so good. They look kinda like my 14" ITP SS rims..

I didn't adjust anything yet. The new offset rims brought it up a little. LTI says 13" in the back and 12.5" in the front. I'm 11" back and 12" front. I quess I can adjust them this weekend. From their site.

PERFORMANCE:

Wheel travel was kept to a conservative 12.5 in the front to prevent C/V binding at full droop with the wheels turned and a 13.0 of travel in the rear to keep the back tires from hitting the bed sides. DONT be fooled by ads stating 14.0 plus inches of wheel travel, those kits put the front out board C/Vs in a bind at full droop and put the rear tires into the bed sides at full compression. Our specifically valved shock made specifically for our kit by King Shocks combined with our engineered suspension system will out perform a ill handling off the shelf system with shocks you need to adjust so they work and some extended A-arms.

There talking about wheel travel not ride height.

It looks alot better the way it is now. I would run it and see how it goes. If you dont bottom out running hard through the whoops leave it alone as adding preload will make the ride harder/stiffer

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
There talking about wheel travel not ride height.

It looks alot better the way it is now. I would run it and see how it goes. If you dont bottom out running hard through the whoops leave it alone as adding preload will make the ride harder/stiffer

Thanks for clarifying that. :rolleyes: I was just getting ready to get my pipe wrenches out and try and spin that top collar..:D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
It looks like the correct offset wheels took care of your sagging problem. I'd just run it and see how it does.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Looks wayyy better Bobby. Your spindles will thank you. :D

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Finished the stereo. All JL Audio stuff. Made pods with 7/7's and one 10w3 with a JL hd marine amp. It's waaaaay louder than I expected. I'm stoked, and I did I mention I love this thing????? I could sell my boat tomorrow and not give a shit. I can't believe how loud it is, lol.:cool:

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 317

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Funny, I live off of van buren and buena vista. right by the alta vista golf course.:thumbsup

I'm off of Yorba Linda Blvd and Ave Adobe. I can see the 91 from my upstairs. :D I love playing Alta Vista GC. I am a member at Black Gold GC in Y.L. :thumbsup

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
My spindles thank me...but my savings account is a little pissed... :cool:

but your bank account will like you later when you dont have to buy new spindles and tie rods from break n them this weekend:champagne::champagne::champagne:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Finished the stereo. All JL Audio stuff. Made pods with 7/7's and one 10w3 with a JL hd marine amp. It's waaaaay louder than I expected. I'm stoked, and I did I mention I love this thing????? I could sell my boat tomorrow and not give a shit. I can't believe how loud it is, lol.:cool:

Looks awesome Paul...

but your bank account will like you later when you dont have to buy new spindles and tie rods from break n them this weekend:champagne::champagne::champagne:

Yep...Thats why I went ahead and bought the new wheels right away. I maybe needing some sand tires for Glamis. I will look you up when I need them...:thumbsup

BMABITY

Reaction score
I'm off of Yorba Linda Blvd and Ave Adobe. I can see the 91 from my upstairs. :D I love playing Alta Vista GC. I am a member at Black Gold GC in Y.L. :thumbsup

Rhino and member at black gold, your way to much of a baller for me:D

My wife is a counselor at El dorado high school, we moved into the area about 2 years ago. love it here

do you have a 660 carb or 700efi?

Last edited: