WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Glamis Bar

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'm real curious to see how it looks this season.

After a 7 year hiatus of going to the dunes I made the trek in March,a week before Easter to meet some friends from Colorado at our favorite (secret;)) camp location at Glamis.
During one of the windy days early in the week we made a ride out to the store and surprise! the bar was open!!
We met the new owner of the bar and restaurant upstairs.He owns a joint in Holtville called HotRods and Beer.A steak and beer place I had never heard of before but all reviews I find are very positive.
He plans a complete facelift of the bar,patio and pizza store.Live Music! A point of sale on the patio,a $15 Ribeye Thursday,and a bunch of other cool ideas.
I have to say,on one hand I'm sorry to see the place I have known since the 1980's change,but on the other hand,the enthusiasm of the life long duner to provide a quality place for us duners to park and eat,drink,and enjoy is pretty refreshing.If he delivers on even half of what he's talking,the place has improved 10 fold.
The bar was empty the day we visited,as were the dunes.An off weekend/week,so he was pretty hospitable and we talked for quite some time uninterrupted.

He pointed out the view of a building off in the distance,Greg Biffle(of NASCAR fame) has built himself a nice compound.
There are talks of condo's or possibly a hotel going up very near by as well.Lots of changes in the works.

96motorhead

Reaction score
I went for my first time in may before it got hot and it was awesome. To bad it cost almost 200 dollars a season for an annual pass, otherwise I'd go more.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I think since Polaris decided to invest heavily at Glamis, others have followed suit.

96motorhead

Reaction score
when I went i saw a lot of sand rails and barely any rzr's, but I went on an off weekend.

Sandlord

Reaction score
That new owner didn't follow through with the purchase.
The store, restaurant, and bar are back to being run by the Leblanc family. at least for another season.
Bar and restaurant opens right around Halloween. Store open all year.
Biffle compound is still there.

cb5505

Reaction score
I really hope they don't put in hotels with rentals. The place will end up like Laughlin. There is enough crazy ass holes there. Don't need any more. Just my two cents

77charger

Reaction score
been going to g for years myself and frequent the bar evry trip for the last few years.Like mentioned the sale didnt go thru the buyers were allegedly "scammers".Hot rods and beer took over the bar for a short while and IMO and it wasnt the same without bob the bartender in there.The new bloody marys sucked and were weak!

Bob was back in his place after the deal went south and was great to see him back in there.From what he told me was the store will eventually be sold but will be a longer process this time and made sure all funds are availible before transfer.And that he said he will atleast be the bartender this season after that who knows?The pizza place is up in the air and no decision was going to be made til sept oct.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
Never been to Glamis.. Maybe this year.. I got hurt at Dumont real bad a while back..

Ocotillo has been the spot for a while. Considerably closer too..