WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The ignore button will be the death of RDP

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Mark my words. Frankly I don't give a crap who ignores me...I consider it a compliment. But when you block out all opposing opinions it becomes one big circle jerk and that's no fun either. Opposing opinions are what stimulate conversation. Good luck!

Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
Feel better there's 2 people that don't have u on ignore :rolleyes:
Mark my words. Frankly I don't give a crap who ignores me...I consider it a compliment. But when you block out all opposing opinions it becomes one big circle jerk and that's no fun either. Opposing opinions is what stimulates conversation. Good luck!

Dalton

Reaction score
you might be on to something, another forum, "dezertrangers" added the block feature, and every time someone posted that was on some ones block list the other person would post "so glad I have them blocked", annoying as hell. It seemed like every other post was rejoicing about having someone blocked, and I was on more than a few peoples block list. Anyways, shortly after they added the feature people stopped visiting the site, and the owners stopped keeping it updated/functional.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
you might be on to something, another forum, "dezertrangers" added the block feature, and every time someone posted that was on some ones block list the other person would post "so glad I have them blocked", annoying as hell. It seemed like every other post was rejoicing about having someone blocked, and I was on more than a few peoples block list. Anyways, shortly after they added the feature people stopped visiting the site, and the owners stopped keeping it updated/functional.

The block feature has been on as long as I’ve been around, it is nothing new.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Mark my words. Frankly I don't give a crap who ignores me...I consider it a compliment. But when you block out all opposing opinions it becomes one big circle jerk and that's no fun either. Opposing opinions is what stimulates conversation. Good luck!
I dissagree. It made RDP better for me.

Tank

Reaction score
Grads, everything isn't about you man. There's still plenty of apposing opinions, it's just done in a normal conversational approach. You love to poke the bear and be the center of attention and do and say outlandish things for shock value. That rubs people the wrong way. No biggie. I haven't read one thing of anyone wanting to ignore anyone else or even complaining about anyone else besides you. Don't think for one second that because people hit the ignore button on you it's gonna be the downfall of RDP. Narcissist much?

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
I don't have you blocked, grubs, Hell, I enjoy your inane , juvenile banter> And,it reaffirms my intelligence ....lol Besides, you are an affable bloke,,,,,, or was that word LAUGHABLE !!!!! :p:p:p

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
10 WAYS NARCISSISTS DRAIN THE LIFE OUT OF YOU

Narcissists would typically involve doing anything to put themselves in a better light to get the attention they crave; to look & feel good even at the expense of everyone or someone else along with a bunch of unhealthy coping strategies. It involves a grandiose view of oneself and they’ll constantly find ways to sustain their narcissism. Hence, they are always finding something or someone they can use to get their ego boost or to be more precise to get their narcissistic supply.

They are the types who begin with idealization (love bombing) then eventually would bleed or suck you dry of your positive energy or your self worth (hence the name emotional vampire). They will make you feel as if you’re not worth anything. At many times it’s as if it’s even their job to help you out. They are forever feeling entitled and that it’s as if you owe them a favor. And once they bleed you dry, they’ll discard you or throw you under the bus without any hesitation as if nothing really happened.

They do all of these things for they have the inability to receive healthy validation and find truth by and for themselves that they have to get it, “steal it” from someone or force it upon others.

There’s no sugar coating around these traits. To best describe these ten ways, allow me to act like a narcissist.

1.) THEY INVOLVE TRUTH SUPPRESSION AND CONTROL
2.) THEY HAVE EXCEEDINGLY HIGH & UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS

3.) TRIANGULATION
4.) IT’S NEVER THEIR FAULT
5.) THEY LACK EMOTIONAL DEPTH & EMPATHY
6.) THEY GUILT OTHERS FOR THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE
7.) THEY HAVE AN ENABLER
8.) THEY ARE SMEARERS & SPINNERS
9.) THEY’RE BLACK AND WHITE THINKERS
10.) THEY’RE OPPORTUNISTS

Narcissists are opportunistic, manipulative or exploitative. If you’re not strong with establishing your boundaries, you’d keep letting a lot of things slide until they all blow up. They’ll find ways to take advantage of you or make you look silly to anyone they can talk to, especially to their friends and family (or their enablers).

They’ll take advantage of you to pass on the blame, their issues, their conflicts, and anything that would get them what they want. Consider them as psychological thieves. After all, they would do anything to protect their false selves. If they are not perfect, they quickly swing to acting as somebody you can sympathize with such as being the hero, the savior, the martyr or the victim.

Mind you, they are people just like you. They are people too but happened to have been hurt pretty badly or never got the chance to truly develop or grow. But let’s be honest. They need intervention; they need serious help. This is not something that can be solved by “love” or by letting it be; or even talking with the actual narcissist about it as if you can you change him or her. Before there’s no more life left in you or before you let them get to you, you’re better off walking away if you find yourself dealing with one.

Acknowledge the signs. The narcissistic ways or traits mentioned in this article are often tolerated as if they are okay. They are not okay. A lot worse is that one may even deny that there’s no such thing; or one may say a lot do these anyway.

Read more at https://projectmanbeyond.com/narcissism/#TwHyeafLoJYJ3Zuv.99

Taboma

Reaction score
Imagine if you're able --- Grads starts a fishing thread and it quietly slips off page one, without a single reply. :(

That's how you render the Grads of this world irrelevant, no blocking required, just a little self control, bolstered by the pain you know you're inflicting :D

But alas, as much as that thought pleases me, I'm not going to hold my breath, because as we all know, it's almost impossible to walk past a punching bag and not take a swing :)

riverroyal

Reaction score
10 WAYS NARCISSISTS DRAIN THE LIFE OUT OF YOU

Narcissists would typically involve doing anything to put themselves in a better light to get the attention they crave; to look & feel good even at the expense of everyone or someone else along with a bunch of unhealthy coping strategies. It involves a grandiose view of oneself and they’ll constantly find ways to sustain their narcissism. Hence, they are always finding something or someone they can use to get their ego boost or to be more precise to get their narcissistic supply.

They are the types who begin with idealization (love bombing) then eventually would bleed or suck you dry of your positive energy or your self worth (hence the name emotional vampire). They will make you feel as if you’re not worth anything. At many times it’s as if it’s even their job to help you out. They are forever feeling entitled and that it’s as if you owe them a favor. And once they bleed you dry, they’ll discard you or throw you under the bus without any hesitation as if nothing really happened.

They do all of these things for they have the inability to receive healthy validation and find truth by and for themselves that they have to get it, “steal it” from someone or force it upon others.

There’s no sugar coating around these traits. To best describe these ten ways, allow me to act like a narcissist.

1.) THEY INVOLVE TRUTH SUPPRESSION AND CONTROL
2.) THEY HAVE EXCEEDINGLY HIGH & UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS

3.) TRIANGULATION
4.) IT’S NEVER THEIR FAULT
5.) THEY LACK EMOTIONAL DEPTH & EMPATHY
6.) THEY GUILT OTHERS FOR THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE
7.) THEY HAVE AN ENABLER
8.) THEY ARE SMEARERS & SPINNERS
9.) THEY’RE BLACK AND WHITE THINKERS
10.) THEY’RE OPPORTUNISTS

Narcissists are opportunistic, manipulative or exploitative. If you’re not strong with establishing your boundaries, you’d keep letting a lot of things slide until they all blow up. They’ll find ways to take advantage of you or make you look silly to anyone they can talk to, especially to their friends and family (or their enablers).

They’ll take advantage of you to pass on the blame, their issues, their conflicts, and anything that would get them what they want. Consider them as psychological thieves. After all, they would do anything to protect their false selves. If they are not perfect, they quickly swing to acting as somebody you can sympathize with such as being the hero, the savior, the martyr or the victim.

Mind you, they are people just like you. They are people too but happened to have been hurt pretty badly or never got the chance to truly develop or grow. But let’s be honest. They need intervention; they need serious help. This is not something that can be solved by “love” or by letting it be; or even talking with the actual narcissist about it as if you can you change him or her. Before there’s no more life left in you or before you let them get to you, you’re better off walking away if you find yourself dealing with one.

Acknowledge the signs. The narcissistic ways or traits mentioned in this article are often tolerated as if they are okay. They are not okay. A lot worse is that one may even deny that there’s no such thing; or one may say a lot do these anyway.

Read more at https://projectmanbeyond.com/narcissism/#TwHyeafLoJYJ3Zuv.99

WE are the enablers!!!!!!!! It all makes perfect sense now. Great post, thanks Plus it explains one of my employes that I'm struggling with

I had no idea there was a ignore thing here. Never seen it so I don't think it will be the end to anything. The end will be a permanent ban, which is probably not to far off

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I think its funny how you guys spend so much time thinking about a guy you dislike. Lol.

Roll with it kids. There is a lot more things in life to worry about than Grads off the wall humor. I bet he sits behind the computer and laughs his ass off at all the comments

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score

Wicked. :D

GRADS

Reaction score
Don't think for one second that because people hit the ignore button on you it's gonna be the downfall of RDP. Narcissist much?
My thread views speak for themselves....and there's many many millions of them, believe me.:cool:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
My thread views speak for themselves....and there's many many millions of them, believe me.:cool:

1200px-Narcissus-Caravaggio_(1594-96)_edited.jpg

GRADS

Reaction score
Find another thread started today with more views. Believe me.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Every morning My home desk opens to an MSN news feed page page , Ive actually left it this way so I can see how the left can pull thier "reasoning /logic" out of thier ass to totally skew a story and spin it (and they dont seem to care how lame or illogical it sounds) , so I wont block you .... yet

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Find another thread started today with more views. Believe me.

Have you ever heard the theory of "quality over quantity"?

Absolutely no offense to you because really, your posts on here are 100% irrelevant to me. I chime in time to time just as I would on any other thread. But you could never come back here and this place would not change one iota. Number of threads, views, replies you have really make no difference in the big scheme of things.

I will say that over the years you have contributed some good quality threads (boating related usually) but those have dropped off riiiiiiiiiiight around the time Trump was elected and you lost your fucking mind like so many others.

Keep on keeping on. Like I said Your shenanigans are completely irrelevant to me.

GRADS

Reaction score
Absolutely no offense to you because really, your posts on here are 100% irrelevant to me.
But yet you have posted 5 times in this thread. Hmm.

I wasn’t trying to make this about me, just saying the ignore button in general is a bad idea.

Tank

Reaction score
But yet you have posted 5 times in this thread. Hmm.

I wasn’t trying to make this about me, just saying the ignore button in general is a bad idea.

I'm just engaged in the conversation. You can delete this thread and disappear and besides the beer you owe me....Meh, whatevs.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Grads. I don't have u on ignore , cause I want to read what is next, that comes out of your mouth so I can laugh and shake me head again [emoji202] ( train wreck) lol

My ?'s are .....

1- if you don't care as you stated in your OP, then why start the thread

2- for the people that have you on ignore can they not see this thread, like ur friend wsuwh or wshuwg or whatever his screen name is

Keep fishing , the reason I say that , is every post or thread I read , I take it as you are jus on here to be fishing and no other purpose
[emoji4] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm just engaged in the conversation. You can delete this thread and disappear and besides the beer you owe me....Meh, whatevs.
That is exactly my point!

And yes I still owe you a beer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The ignore feature has been on rdp since the beginning. Grads is just mad because he’s not getting all the attention he wants, from whom he wants it from. Lol

Wheeler

Reaction score
I see what you did there....Greek mythology....Nice.

I was saving that one for RD but chads deserved it just the same. :D

GRADS

Reaction score
The ignore feature has been on rdp since the beginning. Grads is just mad because he’s not getting all the attention he wants, from whom he wants it from. Lol
That's not true. The new ignore button is different this go round. When you ignore someone it's like they don't even exist. I don't care if people block me...their loss. But I guarantee I'm not the only person being blocked. The more blocked posts/threads/people the less engagement there will be.
It's your site, you do what you want, that's just my 2 cents.

Wheeler

Reaction score
That's not true. The new ignore button is different this go round. When you ignore someone it's like they don't even exist. I don't care if people block me...their loss. But I guarantee I'm not the only person being blocked. The more blocked posts/threads/people the less engagement there will be.
It's your site, you do what you want, that's just my 2 cents.

You got my vote for moderator! ;)

GRADS

Reaction score
Anybody remember the first or second Apprentice TV show with your beloved Trump. Remember Omarosa? I couldn't stand that bitch on the show...every time she opened her mouth I yelled at the screen. I wanted her gone. But yet I watched every freakin week at 8:00 P.M. Would the show of been as engaging without her if I could of blocked her? Probably not.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Anybody remember the first or second Apprentice TV show with your beloved Trump. Remember Omarosa? I couldn't stand that bitch on the show...every time she opened her mouth I yelled at the screen. I wanted her gone. But yet I watched every freakin week at 8:00 P.M. Would the show of been as engaging without her if I could of blocked her? Probably not.

So you are changing you name to Omarosa?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The truth is this thread isn't about the ignore button; it's about DRAGS and his narcissistic ways and his need for attention.

He stirs up shit so he can be the center of attention and confronts those who post in "his threads."

DRAGS' world collapsed on him and his fellow libtards when Trump was elected so he now has more shit to spray around here since he knows most here don't share his distorted, morally bankrupt ideals.

You're not alone DRAGS - there are forums all over the internet with people as desperate as you for attention - that's why there's so many memes "about you"

tenor.gif

1349192431486_4565763.png

tenor.gif

project-282F8-blog.jpg

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score

So, what you're saying is Omarosa made that show. And you think you're like her and that you make RDP. ok, Gooooooooootcha. Have you been taking your medication? Look up the term, "delusions of grandeur".

GRADS

Reaction score
So, what you're saying is Omarosa made that show. And you think you're like her and that you make RDP. ok, Gooooooooootcha. Have you been taking your medication? Look up the term, "delusions of grandeur".
I never once compared myself to Omarosa. Not sure where you're seeing that in my post.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

It is obvious that people putting you on "ignore" gets under your skin, and yes, we all love to be preached to by an unqualified nitwit with a predisposition of self importance.

You seem to think that we are interested in your leftist nonsense. We, who are conservatives are not.

You address me as a bigot, and believe me to be an "uneducated" knuckle dragging Neanderthal. Any you are welcome to think that.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. You fall into the latter category.

For the record, I have BSEE and BS-Physics- Syracuse, and Ph.D in Applied Physics - Cornell.