WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The New "Trifecta" Pontoons - They are bad ass

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Quick Video Tour

So a little while ago Preston was telling me about a new Pontoon line that he picked up called "Trifecta." Trifecta is a Berkshire (Warren Buffet backed) company, and they build several other lines of Pontoons including Southbay, Berkshire etc.

This particular boat is one of the cooler pontoons I have seen in awhile! I shot some pics, along with the video above to give you guys a kind of virtual tour of it.

IMG_9263.JPG

IMG_9260.JPG

Side lights lit up.

IMG_9261.JPG

This boat also has four blue spot LED's that light up the boat name.
IMG_9262.JPG

Front lounging area.

IMG_9264.JPG

Not only does it have the small blue LED's up on the sides of the seat, it has 3 LED's shining at different angles on the back side of that speaker. It should illuminate the entire floor of the boat at night.

IMG_9265.JPG

Generally speaking the hardware in most pontoons is kind of "cheezy." This one had some really nice hardware in it. All of this was all machined.

IMG_9266.JPG

IMG_9267.JPG

This is a full windshield boat, and it really ads to the "sport look" when it's closed.

IMG_9268.JPG

This boat has a giant arch on it (that is electronically raised and lowered). In the arch they put recessed LED's, and a couple tower speakers. When the arch is raised up you can hear two "locks" engage. As you can see there is a tow point on the arch, and if you look close you can see the 360 white light integrated into it.
IMG_9269.JPG
IMG_9270.JPG

Pretty unique Layout with the sink being on the passenger side console. I thought that was pretty cool, and opens up a lot of room for seating in the front instead of having a giant cabinet somewhere.

IMG_9271.JPG

Passenger side cupholders and speaker.

IMG_9272.JPG

Even the seat bases were lighted!

IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_9274.JPG

Other than the master power switch on the left hand side this dash is pretty clutter free! Everything is done through the "glass dash" on the console. All of the silver you are seeing in this picture is machined aluminum FYI.

IMG_9275.JPG

IMG_9276.JPG

Pretty intuitive remote to the right of the steering wheel. The right button is the back up camera, middle button switches to the stereo, left button switches to GPS Navigation (Charts).

IMG_9277.JPG

Sorry the pic is a little out of focus.. I was just showing a pretty cool little spot where you put your phone while driving.

IMG_9278.JPG
IMG_9279.JPG

Rear lounges of the boat.. (Note the base of the table is lit up as well)
IMG_9280.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
All of the gates are Stainless / Tig Welded (nice!)

IMG_9281.JPG

This is a pic of the back o the boat, and I was just showing the speaker and the built in charger. (You just plug the boat into the wall)

IMG_9282.JPG

Rear was down hose in the walkway

IMG_9283.JPG

Pics are a little out of order here, but this is a touch screen stereo control on the passenger side helm.

IMG_9284.JPG

Sink / glove box on the passenger helm

IMG_9285.JPG

I pushed the GPS button on the remote to the right. Obviously it couldn't load the charts because we were in the building.

IMG_9286.JPG

Switch functions on dash.. One thing I thought was pretty cool is all of the LED's (inside and outside) are dimmable via a slider switch. You can do them all at once or individually.

IMG_9287.JPG

Split screen option with the back up camera and the depth finder / fish finder. You can make it full screen for either etc..
IMG_9288.JPG

The dash even tells you when it's time to service the boat, etc. (Technology now is amazing)
IMG_9289.JPG

What the dash looks like when you have it set on the normal gauge settings.

IMG_9290.JPG

Really nice factory shifter.

IMG_9291.JPG

Billet aluminum dash.

IMG_9292.JPG
IMG_9293.JPG

Playing with the dimmer slider on the dash.
IMG_9294.JPG

The ski pole and 360 light up on top of the arch.
IMG_9295.JPG

Integrated LED lighting on the bottom side of the arch.

IMG_9296.JPG

There's a few pontoons every now and again that make me turn my head and make me wonder if I should go that direction. This boat is one of them!

Give Preston a call if you want to take a demo ride or see it in person!

Horizon Motorsports - 928-855-9555

RD

Taboma

Reaction score
Beautiful boat, with lots of cool features that hopefully won't become a nightmare with age.

Curious about two things. What about the "Blue Light" thing that although seemingly ignored in the ocean, seems to be a ticketing offense on many inland lakes, especially Havasu ? This boat has a zillion of them !!!
The other thing, this boat has a salt water package (Not sure what that is), comes with what appears to be a non-aluminum trailer ?
I could certainly see something this comfortable in my boating future and about the only type we've looked at seriously at any of the shows.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
WOW !!! That is quite the rig. Impressive in every detail and well executed.

What a pontoon boat should be.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
so it's a PONTOON with a lot of lights. . . how did the pontoon thing work for you RD??? LoL

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
This is marketing genius aimed at retiring baby boomers timed with the new Pot laws......High end lounges on the water to kick back on. Look for big raft ups and lots of slow cruising vessels with skunky aromas lurking and lots of Zeppelin tunes.:cool::D:D:p:p:cool:

Taboma

Reaction score
This is marketing genius aimed at retiring baby boomers timed with the new Pot laws......High end lounges on the water to kick back on. Look for big raft ups and lots of slow cruising vessels with skunky aromas lurking and lots of Zeppelin tunes.:cool::D:D:p:p:cool:

No big raft ups for this ole boy :p Was picturing more parking my ass back in a nice cove, system rocking away --- Zepp or maybe some Pink Floyd, armed to the teeth, then standing on the bow, rifle in one hand, shouting "Stay out of MY FUCKIN BAY" :mad: :D
Oh wait, wrong high, that was booze talking :eek: Hell, I don't even remember how a "Skunk High" felt, I need to fix that pronto :D

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Pretty nice [emoji106]

Top speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great write up and pics RD, thanks for posting this. A ton of features that are sure to be copied by others as they're "must-haves." But the quality of the hardware is off the charts for a "production toon" - those gates are really well done - hard to believe they'd go with details like that. This is the toon to beat if there is such a thing. It certainly is the toon to compare others to when shopping.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
so it's a PONTOON with a lot of lights. . . how did the pontoon thing work for you RD??? LoL

While mine was nice, I’d say it was a bit of a stretch to compare it to the new style ones.. lol.

My main problem was speed and fuel.. I was spending quite a bit because we were always running long distances in it.

JD D05

Reaction score
Very nice pontoon Dave.

I got a little interested in a Pontoon last year myself. Had a buddy bring one down to Lake Powell that was 31 Feet and 10 Feet wide. We cruised down to Escalante for the afternoon, the afternoon turned into the day and the day turned into the evening the evening turned into holy shit this is taking forever. That ended that.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Nice boat! Maybe I missed it but how big is this model?

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
While mine was nice, I’d say it was a bit of a stretch to compare it to the new style ones.. lol.

My main problem was speed and fuel.. I was spending quite a bit because we were always running long distances in it.
W T F are you doing awake this early???

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Very nice looking toon. But, I also wondered about the blue lighting. Seem pretty clear not long ago on here. No Blue Lights. What's the deal now?

bocco

Reaction score
That is really nice. But for $110,000 I would expect nothing less.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Wow.....that's really nice, thanks Dave!

Electronics will really be changing boating in the next couple of years.......hard to imagine this type of thing will not become much more mainstream in the next 5 years!!

farmo83

Reaction score
Looks like a well built rig. I do not get the appeal of all the LED everywhere. This is 100% due to the fact I don't boat enough at night that I would be willing to pay for all of it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Beautiful boat, with lots of cool features that hopefully won't become a nightmare with age.

Curious about two things. What about the "Blue Light" thing that although seemingly ignored in the ocean, seems to be a ticketing offense on many inland lakes, especially Havasu ? This boat has a zillion of them !!!
The other thing, this boat has a salt water package (Not sure what that is), comes with what appears to be a non-aluminum trailer ?
I could certainly see something this comfortable in my boating future and about the only type we've looked at seriously at any of the shows.
Very nice looking toon. But, I also wondered about the blue lighting. Seem pretty clear not long ago on here. No Blue Lights. What's the deal now?

Me too.
Monster Storm weekend I still witnessed someone beached in the channel be told by MCSO boat to turn off his blue lights..
Beyond that this Toon is beautiful and well appointed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That blue light deal is pretty Havasu / Parker specific.. When I went to LOTO the whole lake was a sea of blue.. lol.

riverroyal

Reaction score
109K!!! if anyone wants to spend that type of cash please message me....everything is for sale:)

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
If people are willing to pay 100k for a toon anyone building fiberglass boats is in the wrong business. The actual boat itself is 3 aluminum tubes and a 2x28' piece of wood. The profit margins have to be stupid.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That blue light deal is pretty Havasu / Parker specific.. When I went to LOTO the whole lake was a sea of blue.. lol.
True, but isn't this where 90% of YOUR inmates boat?

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
Very nice toon. Actually not a bad price either. MSRP on my current Bennington with the same power was actually higher (we did not pay MSRP). Like was already stated, toons are not cheap now. We are in the market for a twin OB toon, and have priced out a 27x10 Bennington. MSRP with 400's is over 200k. I think I am going to wait another season or two before I buy though because the toon industry is advancing rapidly. I also want to see if Merc comes out with any new Verados.

As far as the blue lights, I would never buy another boat with them. The Benningtons have RGB lights now so you can change the color. That is the way to go. After being stopped by MCSO twice for blue interior lights, I spent a grand on new lights. I have already changed out all the interior lights, and the boat is being pulled next week for new rub rail and underwater lights. It's been a PITA, but MCSO already said I get a ticket anytime they see my boat with blue lights in the future. Dealers in Havasu should not even order boats with blue lights anymore.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
True, but isn't this where 90% of YOUR inmates boat?

I wouldn’t say 90.. maybe 89.9! Lol

That said I’d run it and just run the lights when and where appropriate

Taboma

Reaction score

If you google the subject it goes back years, discussed on several boating forums (Big boat, ocean), Florida, South Carolina, various lakes, but more while underway, especially underwater lights. I've posted pics from Catalina, blue lights galore, but they're on mooring cans. But for sure at Havasu it's a problem, or at least a reason to get checked out. I was more curious if Havasu had changed their policies, or if perhaps you'd discussed this with Preston. The last time I discussed it with a different dealership they blew it off as a rumor, no problem they proclaimed :rolleyes:

Old Texan

Reaction score
Please enlighten those of us, me in particular, on why blue led lights are a no-no......I've been told to turn off my docking lights but never heard anything about what to me wood be considered cabin lights are not "blinding" another Captain. What's the deal?

Andy01

Reaction score
Please enlighten those of us, me in particular, on why blue led lights are a no-no......I've been told to turn off my docking lights but never heard anything about what to me wood be considered cabin lights are not "blinding" another Captain. What's the deal?
Tampa_Police_Boat_20130916015042_640_480.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They claim it could be misconstrued for impersonating an officer. No lights that are government colors and blue is the cop boat color.. basically

Andy01

Reaction score
I watched the video before you posted the pictures, that is damn nice. Nicer than a lot of the toons that cost more money. Nice line for Preston to carry. Thumbs up.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Not to be a hater.
But Why?
I don't see the lure of 100k pontoons.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Wow, really nice toon with a lot of great features. I like that plug in charging system in the back and the electric bimini with the wake tower is very cool also. Blackout package nice as well with the black finish rub rail.

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score

No blue lights can be displayed on any boats in AZ waters, period. It does not matter if you are beached or even in your slip. One of the guys in the Marina was told to turn off his underwater lights this past summer, and he was in his slip. During the Parade of Lights, MCSO went to every boat with blue lights displayed (that were not in the parade) and told the operators to turn them off. Definitely not a rumor, or I would not have dropped a grand on switching mine from blue to red.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Not to be a hater.
But Why?

Do you see the need for 200K 70mph deck boats?:D

I'm not a buyer but I thought this one was pretty well optioned and had alot of technology with decent power for 100k.

Anything new boat related is crazy $$$ right now.

Groper

Reaction score
Nice Poontoon, :p
The Blue Light deal is BS, Id say flashing Blue Lights is a no no but really ? while moored/beached wtf.
In Glamis the LEO's are bagging on anyone with Blue Rock Lights, probable cause to stop you I guess.
I had John at Nordic install underwater lights while getting my Deck serviced recently, I asked for Blue he replied White, Green or Amber huh? :( so I went with Green.
Q:Also Dave what shop did you go to for your Pedicure in town ? Not that I've ever had one but you never know.

Reactions: TPC

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
looks like some very nice features. gonna go check it out. orders are backed up into May as of today. just a thought guys... the pontoons with twin 400's are killing it right now. KraZy.

Reactions: TPC

brgrcru

Reaction score
Do you see the need for 200K 70mph deck boats?:D

I'm not a buyer but I thought this one was pretty well optioned and had alot of technology with decent power for 100k.

Anything new boat related is crazy $$$ right now.

Don't see the fun in 200k 70 mph deck boats either. lol
would be more fun if that deck boat went 200 mph and cost 70 k. lol

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Not to be a hater.
But Why?

What if it was $49K ?
Nice, but the price is way outta line IMHO.
We'd get the Merc 350.
Buyer is gunna take a beating on resale.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Nice Poontoon, :p
The Blue Light deal is BS, Id say flashing Blue Lights is a no no but really ? while moored/beached wtf.
In Glamis the LEO's are bagging on anyone with Blue Rock Lights, probable cause to stop you I guess.
I had John at Nordic install underwater lights while getting my Deck serviced recently, I asked for Blue he replied White, Green or Amber huh? :( so I went with Green.
Q:Also Dave what shop did you go to for your Pedicure in town ? Not that I've ever had one but you never know.

Tijuana lights are the thing now. (aka TJ lights).
I even have them on the X3.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
looks like some very nice features. gonna go check it out. orders are backed up into May as of today. just a thought guys... the pontoons with twin 400's are killing it right now. KraZy.

If you're going to drop over a $bone on these floats should roll that way.

River918

Reaction score
That's a nice looking toon. We are excited to get our new toon in a few months. It was hard to finally make the switch, but it was the right fit for us.

TCHB

Reaction score
If people are willing to pay 100k for a toon anyone building fiberglass boats is in the wrong business. The actual boat itself is 3 aluminum tubes and a 2x28' piece of wood. The profit margins have to be stupid.
I would think the same with a fiberglass boat. If I look at a new RV for the same price I get a generator, air conditioning, pop outs, stove, brakes, 6 speed transmission, power windows, air bags, big V8, windows, and the list goes on.

River918

Reaction score
I would think the same with a fiberglass boat. If I look at a new RV for the same price I get a generator, air conditioning, pop outs, stove, brakes, 6 speed transmission, power windows, air bags, big V8, windows, and the list goes on.

I agree 100%. It's all about perspective and what people are willing to pay. It's funny how it seems normal to pay 200k for a fiberglass deck boat, but paying 100k for a pontoon is out of the question. Prices have surely gone up. Hell, the 2005 DCB 28 Extreme I sold in 2013 for 60K would now go for 80K or more (yes, I kick myself in the butt everyday for selling it).

Last edited:

brgrcru

Reaction score
What if it was $49K ?
Nice, but the price is way outta line IMHO.
We'd get the Merc 350.
Buyer is gunna take a beating on resale.

49k sounds reasonable.
most things are way out of control again....

brgrcru

Reaction score
I agree 100%. It's all about perspective and what people are willing to pay. It's funny how it seems normal to pay 200k for a fiberglass deck boat, but paying 100k for a pontoon is out of the question. Prices have surely gone up. Hell, the 2005 DCB 28 Extreme I sold in 2013 for 60K would now go for 80K or more (yes, I kick myself in the butt everyday for selling it).

I don't think it normal to spend 200k on any boat. I couldn't live on.
unless I was super baller, and money was not a factor.
that's just me. for everyone like me there is a 100 waiting in line to purchase this stuff.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Y'all think the new Toons are expensive, check on what new shallow running CC bay fishing boats are going for......Or high end Bass boats. Or the crazy numbers for Wake boats.

Buyers want features and bling and apparently willing to pay as manufacturer's are building them. As for the fishing boats, the adders for electronics, power poles, trolling motors, etc are a large part of the high cost, so it stands to reason similar "gadgets" make Toons cost more......

2Driver

Reaction score
Dow is 25,000, unemployment is 4%, people are buying $110,000 Pontoon boats, $40,000 SXS and $400 coolers. Trump has really fucked things up in 12 months.
:)