• plane.jpg
    plane.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 159
  • rv.jpg
    rv.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 185

nowski

Reaction score
I'll bet there was a long line to get this license plate...
Who's Plate.png

rrrr

Reaction score

That's a Twin Otter fuselage. Some years ago a company bought the type certificate and tooling from de Havilland. They are building new Twotters and also rebuilding old ones to like new condition.

It's a great aircraft for hot and high operations. The only time I've flown in one was a quickie from Los Alamos to Albuquerque. The airport elevation is 7,170' on a mesa, and the east end of the 9/27 runway threshold is on the cliff edge.

The pilot lined it up on Runway 9, stood on the brakes and ran it up until the plane was shaking like crazy. When we started rolling it seemed like it jumped into the air after a 500' roll. It was a fun ride.

Last edited:

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score

That's a Twin Otter fuselage. Some years ago a company bought the type certificate and tooling from de Havilland. They are building new Twotters and also rebuilding old ones to like new condition.

It's a great aircraft for hot and high operations. The only time I've flown in one was a quickie from Los Alamos to Albuquerque. The airport elevation is 7,170' on a mesa, and the east end of the 9/27 runway threshold is on the cliff edge.

The pilot lined it up on 27, stood on the brakes and ran it up until the plane was shaking like crazy. When we started rolling it seemed like it jumped into the air after a 500' roll. It was a fun ride.
That looks to be the twin otter that crashed at perris sky diving airport. Cought a bad dust devil on landing and it spun into a fuel truck. Ripped the wings off. Happened early this year

Kbach

Reaction score
Lucky none of you saw me last night! Had to get two pieces of 1-1/2" thin wall sq tube home that were 77" long each. No problem for those of you that drive a car but I ride a motorcycle! Luckily it's an adventure bike that has engine guards and saddle bag mounts...perfect place to tie down material :eek:
One piece down each side of the bike front to back...only hung past the rear tire about 12", tucked in surprisingly close to the bike and could barely feel it on the inside of my calf. Made it home from Torrance to Simi no problem. No pictures...I was too embarrassed myself to document it!!!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The pilot lined it up on 27, stood on the brakes and ran it up until the plane was shaking like crazy. When we started rolling it seemed like it jumped into the air after a 500' roll. It was a fun ride.

That was probably Ross Aviation? They were still running that route when I was in ABQ back in 1995.

If I ever win the powerball, a Twotter on floats is going to be in the hangar. Perfect for flights up to the cabin in MN.

rrrr

Reaction score
That was probably Ross Aviation? They were still running that route when I was in ABQ back in 1995.

If I ever win the powerball, a Twotter on floats is going to be in the hangar. Perfect for flights up to the cabin in MN.

This was in the late 70s, the last Stone Age. I think it was a Central Airways aircraft. They also flew Baron B-55s on the route. When I was six years old I used to get up and watch the B-55s fly over my house, they departed Kirtland AFB at 6 AM sharp

Last edited:

Kbach

Reaction score
IMG_4431.JPG
Thought I'd add this since I'm sure one of you would post it on here if you saw me this morning!!

A buddy at work needed a wheel for his 450X and I've got a few...problem is I ride a bike to work. No problem, I've got tie downs!!!

72Hondo

Reaction score

Might take you a couple years to get up there [emoji16]

Cessna is now producing a twin engine caravan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

I don’t like the 27. I choose to drive to LANL when I go up there.
IMG_4749.JPG

rrrr

Reaction score
Might take you a couple years to get up there [emoji16]

Cessna is now producing a twin engine caravan.

They aren't producing it yet. The existence of the program was announced on November 28. It'll take at least three years to build prototypes, engage in flight testing, and get it certified.

I've seen renderings with the aircraft carrying three ULD containers. I expect the majority of the new SkyCouriers will be used for agglomeration of parcels from small airports to freight carrier hubs. FedEx has ordered 100 of the aircraft, designated Model 408, the SkyCourier. It will carry just 19 passengers, but that is perfect for the Alaska and NWT markets.

It won't be much of a threat to the production of twin turboprop ATR 72 models. The ATR 72-600 is much more suited to passenger service and has been selling well in the past few years. It's larger, faster, and the stretch version can carry 78 passengers.

72Hondo

Reaction score
They aren't producing it yet. The existence of the program was announced on November 28. It'll take at least three years to build prototypes, engage in flight testing, and get it certified.

I've seen renderings with the aircraft carrying three ULD containers. I expect the majority of the new SkyCouriers will be used for agglomeration of parcels from small airports to freight carrier hubs. FedEx has ordered 100 of the aircraft, designated Model 408, the SkyCourier. It will carry just 19 passengers, but that is perfect for the Alaska and NWT markets.

It won't be much of a threat to the production of twin turboprop ATR 72 models. The ATR 72-600 is much more suited to passenger service and has been selling well in the past few years. It's larger, faster, and the stretch version can carry 78 passengers.

Problem with the ATR is no one can crew them. I know companies that are parking them because of FO issues.

rrrr

Reaction score
The Colgan Air crash caused Congress to make some stupid law changes. Copilots were required to have 250 hours before the crash. That changed to 1,500 hours. Commuter airlines can't find qualified pilots.

It takes seven to ten years to accumulate that many hours, but jobs that count towards the total time just aren't out there. Before the digital age, thousands of pilots built time by flying cancelled checks to the city of the issuing bank. That piece of paper had to be physically presented before the funds would be released. There were also dozens of small outfits flying things like auto parts to critical destinations. No more.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
6ECBDCF2-BB22-4868-B261-8E0244D86E71.jpeg
Shopping center in Cerritos. This thing was PACKED!

Hypnautic

Reaction score
IMG_2347.JPG
IMG_2348.JPG

Just another “the rules don’t apply to me”

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
A motor home with a 'tin foil hat" ...........

Taboma

Reaction score
That looks like a slightly nicer version of a RV inhabited by a group of roving "Homeless" beggars, living in various parking lots or streets. Thanks, but no, I'd rather not take a peek inside :eek:

nameisbond

Reaction score
Its for foiling the k9 search dogs from their pot stash and illegals in the RV.......

nameisbond

Reaction score
Oh too bad on the F355. I sort of still want one!