WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Topoc dirt run over Thanksgiving weekend?

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I know they did this here some years back. A large group met at like Lowes or Walmart and made a run all the way to Topoc. We will be up there for like 6 days over Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone wanna try and get some peeps together and maybe do a run on the Saturday?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Me, cole trickle, Ivan Dan, and a few others started that. Word got out and it got huge. Last I heard the authorities blocked off a certain section by the railroad tracks to get there. Not sure if there's a way around now or not without having to jump on the highway.

phuggit

Reaction score
Yes. We'll be out Wed-Sun.

Last edited:

Hallett270act

Reaction score
I'm in. Post up day, time and meeting place. Sounds like a blast.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
We will be up Tuesday through Sunday. I am guessing that maybe Friday or Saturday might be the best day(s) to try and set it up. We could meet at the Lowes or some place near there. I do not know the trail path to get to topoc other then just heading northwest I suppose.

Djunkie - you gonna be up that weekend? Do you think there is a simple detour to get around the trail block you mentioned?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
We will be up Tuesday through Sunday. I am guessing that maybe Friday or Saturday might be the best day(s) to try and set it up. We could meet at the Lowes or some place near there. I do not know the trail path to get to topoc other then just heading northwest I suppose.

Djunkie - you gonna be up that weekend? Do you think there is a simple detour to get around the trail block you mentioned?

I think I will be there. As for the detour I'm not sure. Getting to the 40 should be no problem. I believe it's when you cross over and try and shoot down the railroad tracks into Topac where the problem lies. I haven't done it in years.

senorpdog

Reaction score
Me, cole trickle, Ivan Dan, and a few others started that. Word got out and it got huge. Last I heard the authorities blocked off a certain section by the railroad tracks to get there. Not sure if there's a way around now or not without having to jump on the highway.

Yeah its open right under the train tracks no problems at all did it last weekend..

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Yeah its open right under the train tracks no problems at all did it last weekend..

Perfect. I know first year we did it wasn't a problem. I heard the next year there were park rangers waiting for the group or something.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
You guys wanna try and get a group meet for like Saturday morning? How long does it take to make the ride like an hour and half? Maybe meet at like 900am?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
You guys wanna try and get a group meet for like Saturday morning? How long does it take to make the ride like an hour and half? Maybe meet at like 900am?

Last time we did it I think it ended up being like a 12 hour day. We did have quite a few beverage breaks and a slight detour through some people's backyards though. Lol. I'd imagine you could make it there in an hour or 2 though.

jesco

Reaction score
Last time we did it I think it ended up being like a 12 hour day. We did have quite a few beverage breaks and a slight detour through some people's backyards though. Lol. I'd imagine you could make it there in an hour or 2 though.

12 HOURS?!?!?! Thats a lot of beer/pee breaks. We just did a run in the RZRs from Terribles at the 95/40 up to the top of Haulipai Mt. Stayed the night at the Haulipai Resort ( www.hmresort.net ) AWESOME place!!!! They have 8 rooms, we rented the entire place, owner is super cool, food was AMAZING!!! Round trip was about 150 miles. Took a full tank plus 5 gallons (strapped down in the bed) to get up there, only took a little over half a tank to get back. Trail was pretty beat up, they got over 24" of rain during the monsoon season, had to pretend like we were jeeps rock crawling over some parts. For you Havi guys this is a MUST, even if you just went half way to the old mine and gold fish pond, pretty cool.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
12 HOURS?!?!?! Thats a lot of beer/pee breaks. We just did a run in the RZRs from Terribles at the 95/40 up to the top of Haulipai Mt. Stayed the night at the Haulipai Resort ( www.hmresort.net ) AWESOME place!!!! They have 8 rooms, we rented the entire place, owner is super cool, food was AMAZING!!! Round trip was about 150 miles. Took a full tank plus 5 gallons (strapped down in the bed) to get up there, only took a little over half a tank to get back. Trail was pretty beat up, they got over 24" of rain during the monsoon season, had to pretend like we were jeeps rock crawling over some parts. For you Havi guys this is a MUST, even if you just went half way to the old mine and gold fish pond, pretty cool.

Lots of beer. And even a refill at the Terribles. Lol.

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score

Very cool! :thumbsup Did you take Boriana Mine Rd?

jesco

Reaction score
Very cool! :thumbsup Did you take Boriana Mine Rd?

Yep, if you look on google maps, the gold fish pond is right above the mine. Hundreds of gold fish swimming around, from 1" long to 7" long. My kids were having a blast catching them with their hands. Once you get to the mine, you take a right at the fork in the road and take that all the way up. Pretty much takes you right to the resort. Boriana mine is a great destination spot also, the mine structure is pretty awesome and not hard to get to at all. The trail gets pretty tough from there up. Its a must see if you offroad that area, if you have kids, they will LOVE the gold fish pond, mine didnt want to leave.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds cool. I have a 9 and 4 year old who would love something like that. :thumbup:

jesco

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds cool. I have a 9 and 4 year old who would love something like that. :thumbup:

My two are 11 (girl) and 7 (boy), both didnt want to leave. We had 5 kids total that trip, ranging from 14 to 5, all said the pond was their favorite part of the trip. Very easy to get to, not a tough trail up to that point and the trail is very easy to follow. It was a very cool trip. At the Resort there were elk and deer walking around like dogs, walk right up to you no problem. One deer kept following all the kids around and photo bombing them. Every picture he is standing in the background, hilarious. I will start another thread and post up some pics next week (need to get pics from wifes computer), sorry for kinda derailing this one.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Yeah, show some pics, those must be great with the deer in them. So, did you guys trailer to a spot near the 40/95 and then begin your ride from there?

Patyacht

Reaction score
Yep, if you look on google maps, the gold fish pond is right above the mine. Hundreds of gold fish swimming around, from 1" long to 7" long. My kids were having a blast catching them with their hands. Once you get to the mine, you take a right at the fork in the road and take that all the way up. Pretty much takes you right to the resort. Boriana mine is a great destination spot also, the mine structure is pretty awesome and not hard to get to at all. The trail gets pretty tough from there up. Its a must see if you offroad that area, if you have kids, they will LOVE the gold fish pond, mine didnt want to leave.

Just went to the mine 2 weeks ago. The gold fish pond is amazing. And as far as Topock, I been several times recently. There are several routes in. All require a little road travel close to Topock.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Just went to the mine 2 weeks ago. The gold fish pond is amazing. And as far as Topock, I been several times recently. There are several routes in. All require a little road travel close to Topock.

Do you just start out from Havasu and gas up at the 40 and then roll on from there? Temp looks pretty darn cool at that little resort place like 32 this morning when I checked their webpage.

Patyacht

Reaction score
I can get to Topock or mine & return to Havasu without refueling my RZR 4-800. The BBQ place in Wikieup is cool too. Great BBQ

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
Next weekend I'm taking my Jeep to the river and leaving it for a couple of months. My kids are 11 and 14, and I am making that mine trip a high priority. Maybe next Sunday, if we don't decide to boat instead....

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Okay you assholes need to stop this.... You have me scouting Craigslist shopping for a winter toy. I don't have time for a winter toy but it sure sounds like fun.

Jesco.... Got your shirt on today. Em is doing well at her HS tryouts. :thumbup:

jesco

Reaction score
Yeah, show some pics, those must be great with the deer in them. So, did you guys trailer to a spot near the 40/95 and then begin your ride from there?

Yes, we have a house in Blythe. We all trailered up on Friday AM, 9 RZRs total. We parked in the dirt lot just before the Terribles. We called the Pilot and they said we could overnight park there but once we got there they said Big Rigs only. Last year a few of the guys did the trip and they left right from a friends house in Havi, followed the 95 up and re-fueled at the Terribles then headed up. We decided to start from there to cut the trio down, we all had wives and kids with us. I start a new thread Monday and post some pics.

jesco

Reaction score
Do you just start out from Havasu and gas up at the 40 and then roll on from there? Temp looks pretty darn cool at that little resort place like 32 this morning when I checked their webpage.

Weather changes big time. When we left the 95 at 10 AM it was 78* when we got to the top of the mountain around 4:30, it was 48* and dropping. Got down to low 40s that night and the next morning. When we left around 10 it was still in the 60s but heated up quickly as we headed down into the sun.

jesco

Reaction score
Okay you assholes need to stop this.... You have me scouting Craigslist shopping for a winter toy. I don't have time for a winter toy but it sure sounds like fun.

Jesco.... Got your shirt on today. Em is doing well at her HS tryouts. :thumbup:

NICE!!! She was really torn about it sense she would have to stop playing club if she made the team. I have new shirts and beanies, I'll send some with her next time I see her.

jesco

Reaction score
Next weekend I'm taking my Jeep to the river and leaving it for a couple of months. My kids are 11 and 14, and I am making that mine trip a high priority. Maybe next Sunday, if we don't decide to boat instead....

You will not be disappointed!!! Your kids will be stoked :thumbsup:thumbsup

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
So far, got a few guys interested in meeting up for a run (to somewhere) most likely on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Figure we could meet at Lowes or something if anyone else is interested. I don't really know the trails that well as far as getting to some of the places like Topoc so if anyone with more experience in the area wants to join and show the route that would be great.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lavey29, I wish I hadn't just sold my Teryx I would JUMP ON THIS.. :(

I hope you guys have a great time!! And if I can pull it off right after the new year, maybe we can do something like this again?

RD

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

I hope you guys have a great time!! And if I can pull it off right after the new year, maybe we can do something like this again?

RD

X2 ... I was hoping I could've done a ride like this before selling the rhino.

Lardawg94

Reaction score
Sounds fun I would be interested on Sat morning. We did Havasu to Oatman last thanksgiving with 5 SXS had a blast.

BMABITY

Reaction score
. Would this be fun for dirt bikes too? I'm planning on doing some riding over TG weekend, this sounds fun.

blacksox

Reaction score
This sounds fun! Might be able to make it Saturday if you guys go that day. :thumbsup

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
So far we have like 5 persons interested in going from here. Some with family members along some not. I do not know if it is dirt bike rideable or not? I do not see why not, just might be a long trail ride but we will stop along the way. Perhaps someone else can answer if it is a good run for the cycle riders to do also?

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

RD

You sold it? Last time I saw it on here it was like 15' in the air over some dunes. I am sure that there might be an open seat in case you want to go.

Hallett270act

Reaction score
You sold it? Last time I saw it on here it was like 15' in the air over some dunes. I am sure that there might be an open seat in case you want to go.

Dave, I have an open seat if you want to join us. You are welcome to it.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Anyone that has made this run before, do you need to carry an extra 5 gallon can or just gas up at the 40 and then roll on to Topoc?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Anyone that has made this run before, do you need to carry an extra 5 gallon can or just gas up at the 40 and then roll on to Topoc?

If I remember right I had plenty of fuel but still topped off at Terribles on the 40.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
That too. Remember the yard sales on the way back to Lowes? Lol

My rhino should have been named yard sale....lol

That thing ran through whoops with the Long travels kindaish...:D:skull

Lost enough $$$ in wasted beer I could have upgraded...hahaha

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
My rhino should have been named yard sale....lol

That thing ran through whoops with the Long travels kindaish...:D:skull

Lost enough $$$ in wasted beer I could have upgraded...hahaha

My wife said if we would have picked up the empty beer cans you lost I could have recycled them and covered the gas bill for the day. :D

Sun burners

Reaction score
We have a little crew going out to Standard Wash heading out to the Corral for BBQ and some shooting Saturday.

Last edited:

Bails

Reaction score
Sounds fun I would be interested on Sat morning. We did Havasu to Oatman last thanksgiving with 5 SXS had a blast.

Larry, looks like the wife and I will be out there for Thanksgiving weekend. Hope we can get together and ride again this year.

Joe

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I will send confirmation PM's and or phone calls to those that sent me messages about this run on Friday next week after turkey day but it looks like everyone is ok with meeting at the Lowes. I was thinking around 0900hrs? Does that sound good or should we leave earlier/later then that?

Hallett270act

Reaction score
I will send confirmation PM's and or phone calls to those that sent me messages about this run on Friday next week after turkey day but it looks like everyone is ok with meeting at the Lowes. I was thinking around 0900hrs? Does that sound good or should we leave earlier/later then that?

That works

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Perfect. I know first year we did it wasn't a problem. I heard the next year there were park rangers waiting for the group or something.

Damn straight, and some of us went all different directions as fast as we could to run from them.

Patyacht

Reaction score
I make the run about 1 or 2 times a month. There are many routes. Which one are you guys taking?