WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Topoc dirt run over Thanksgiving weekend?

phuggit

Reaction score
Never been there, but I can generate the route in Google Earth and send it to my gps.

Hallett270act

Reaction score
If you don't mind, check it out. Not sure how long of a ride that is. The other options are Topac and Desert Bar.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I'm in for a ride. Do we wanna shoot for Monday? Perhaps Jescoe can jump back into the thread and give a little more detail about that mine/fish pond run and how far it is? The only draw back is that there is not lunch stop spot out there like Topoc or the Desert bar. I thought the run to Topoc was nice ride and to be able to stop and have lunch was cool to relax for the ride back unless of course a rat climbed into your razor while you were eating. That soft sand along the tracks was nice to run in.

jesco

Reaction score
I'm in for a ride. Do we wanna shoot for Monday? Perhaps Jescoe can jump back into the thread and give a little more detail about that mine/fish pond run and how far it is? The only draw back is that there is not lunch stop spot out there like Topoc or the Desert bar. I thought the run to Topoc was nice ride and to be able to stop and have lunch was cool to relax for the ride back unless of course a rat climbed into your razor while you were eating. That soft sand along the tracks was nice to run in.

Gold fish pond is do able for a day trip, Im guessing 25 to 35 miles from Loves/Terribles gas stations. Easy run from there. Pack a lunch and eat at the pond, plenty of room around the pond. We had 9 RZRs parked up there and still room for twice that. Pond is easy to find, just take Boriana Mine Road all the way out to the mine, the pond is just above the old mine. If you go on Google maps you can see it. Easy ride, not technical at all, gets hairy just passed that if you keep going up on the main trail. Just above the mine about a mile there is a look out that has AWESOME views, but that 1 mile stretch gets pretty hairy in spots and it slow going.

We left Terribles and took the road that runs parallel (will eventually veer away from it) with the 40 until it hit the 253 (Boriana Mine Rd) turn right and take that into the mountains, easy to follow on google maps. Just Google the Terribles at the 40, hit maps and you can follow it.

phuggit

Reaction score
The first map follows utility easements and has alot of straightaways. Its 28.7 miles from Loves to the pond. uploadfromtaptalk1387602378405.jpg
The second trail follows and old road bed and has more turns. Its 31.9 miles. uploadfromtaptalk1387602447942.jpg

Hallett270act

Reaction score
Sounds doable in a day trip. I can't do Monday, but can do Saturday or Tuesday if either of those days work for the group.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I could do Tuesday probably but not sure about Saturday.

Hallett270act

Reaction score
Can do Sunday if we are back by 5. I have to drive back to OC for work but coming back late Monday night.

phuggit

Reaction score
I did a little research and discovered the "road bed" is actually the National Old Trails Road, the precursor to Route 66. We may kill two birds with one stone with this ride. My son has a history project due after the holidays and I think we'll use our ride to document info for his report.

jesco

Reaction score
The first map follows utility easements and has alot of straightaways. Its 28.7 miles from Loves to the pond. View attachment 305173
The second trail follows and old road bed and has more turns. Its 31.9 miles. View attachment 305174

WINNER WINNER!!!!! That's pretty funny, the top map is how we went out, and the bottom is pretty close to how we came back. Top map is a quick run, pretty flat and straight, goes through some houses, we didn't go to fast in those areas, we didn't want to piss off the home owners. There's a few sections where it will literally be as wide as 3 lanes and smooth, that's where we ran a little harder. Once you get out closer to the base of the mt, you will cross a cattle crossing, slow down through there. The cowboy that lives there gets pissed if you haul ass across there, and watch for his dogs. They aren't afraid to chase you and try and rip a tire off, just keep going, they will eventully stop chasing you. Once past his house a little it's wide open to the mine, few tight rock crawly areas but a really fun trail. And yes, there is some history with the trail and the mine. The mine is really cool, it's crazy to think they built that thing without today's modern technology, determined ole bastards.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Cool, let's do it tuesday then. Should we meet at Lowes again at 900am AZ time? Did we decide on the mine/pond run for sure?

Hallett270act

Reaction score
9:00 at Lowes works for us on Tuesday. Gold fish pond is fine with me if everyone else is up to it. Sounds like a good bit further than Topac. Either way, we are in and will have another RZR with us.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Ok, then 0900 Tuesday at Lowes and guess we need to pack a lunch for this one or grab some food to go at the 40 stop/gas spot. I will volunteer to be the slow poke in the back again eating dust the entire run :rolleyes

phuggit

Reaction score
Lol. I have a handheld radio for you to use as sweeper.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry guys but looks I will have to miss this one. My wife is not feeling well and we are going to go home a few days early on Monday so she can get in to see her doctor. Have fun and safe run and take some pics so we can all see. Will make the next one for sure.

phuggit

Reaction score
Sorry bud. Take care of your wife and we will ride next time. Is anyone still planning on doing this tomorrow?

Last edited:

Hallett270act

Reaction score
Sorry guys but looks I will have to miss this one. My wife is not feeling well and we are going to go home a few days early on Monday so she can get in to see her doctor. Have fun and safe run and take some pics so we can all see. Will make the next one for sure.

Sorry to here that Marc. I hope she feels better soon. Are you coming back out for the RDP Desert Bar run in January?

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
When in January is that? We try to get up once or twice a month to the house so we will be in January at some point.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
How was the run? We took the Jeeps to Topock today.

Gregor

Reaction score
Does anyone have a gps file for Motion X for a Havasu to Topac run?