WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Underwater LEDs driver issues

alexJ

Reaction score
Can anyone teach me some LED drivers?
They came with my used boat, not sure if these are stock or aftermarket... But the left light flashes on and off (regardless of battery voltage)... I'm all for party lights but id prefer they just worked. Anyone ever had this issue? Ideas where to start? Serviceable parts? Looks like this driver got wet at one point, but there are no labels on it or the lights to identify what I need. Also wondering if I could just run both lights off the remaining one of these. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170107_104443550.jpg
    IMG_20170107_104443550.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 117

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are they both wired to the same ground? Check the connections for corrosion! Report back.

RD

alexJ

Reaction score
Yes, they both came off one wire carrying 12v from the switch on the dash, then split and run in parallel each with their own driver.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes, they both came off one wire carrying 12v from the switch on the dash, then split and run in parallel each with their own driver.

I am far from an electrical expert. That said I had some HID's that used to do that on my teryx. It turned out they used to thin of wiring, and it would mostly happen when the battery wasn't 100% charged.. Over time it started happening more and more. I'd bet the wire to the split is too small. You might have a bad connection at the split.. Or maybe the switch is under rated?

Can you unplug the good size and test the bad one? If it stays on all the time that will start to give you some answers.

RD

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Usually an ic chip or diode is overheating and shutting down. Probably needs replacinf