WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Upsurge in big earthquakes predicted for 2018 as Earth rotation slows

4Waters

Reaction score
Interesting read we will see what happens, thanks for sharing.

spectras only

Reaction score
Since the Earth is spinning at a shattering speed of 1000mph at the Equator,hence the article mentioned tropical areas would be affected mostly at the Equator, putting the brakes on even a minute amount could cause a bit of jolt, causing plates sliding sideways.. It would have to be a sudden slowing down though not some gradual one,lol. Lets ask that Steven Hawking guy about, he has more time on his hand than any one of us here,haha.

sailtexas186548

Reaction score
Well with the earth's rotation slowing that means I should loose some weight, according to the scale. Lol

Sorry for the bad news, but you will showing a bit heavier on the scale (a TINY amount you wont notice haha). Gravity "G" is based on the mass/size of the earth, so it will remain the same. However, with the earth slowing, the centripetal force from rotation trying to throw you off the earth (think merry-go-round), will reduce (slightly) as earth's rotation slows and you will weigh more!

Of course it you can see it on the scale, that means it was a major change in rotation and is the least of our problems haha

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
If that big tsunami in south east asia a while ago that actually caused a measurable wobble of earth on its axis didnt set off a bunch of quakes I doubt this will.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad news, but you will showing a bit heavier on the scale (a TINY amount you wont notice haha). Gravity "G" is based on the mass/size of the earth, so it will remain the same. However, with the earth slowing, the centripetal force from rotation trying to throw you off the earth (think merry-go-round), will reduce (slightly) as earth's rotation slows and you will weigh more!

Of course it you can see it on the scale, that means it was a major change in rotation and is the least of our problems haha

Get to the point...is he a witch or isn't he? :p

419abf33676315624b9b7288eebf3409--monty-python-witch-medieval.jpg

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
The increase of size and intervals have already begun to pick up .

I get the USGS info to my mailbox, and I monitor a guy named "Dutchsince" , who has a site and is all over You Tube .

The guy is 99% right on with his info and predictions , and he has the US west coast "under watch" , because of "large deep earthquakes" , in the western Pacific .

Washington, Oregon and Tardville , need to be ready ...........................

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Volcanic rocks and hot springs in your area are not a good sign. Re: Mammoth and Palm Springs. Surprised to see a large volcanic formation beyond the middle Mohave Wash out by the desert cabin. Although, historically LHC has not had violent earthquakes. And that is a good thing.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The increase of size and intervals have already begun to pick up .

I get the USGS info to my mailbox, and I monitor a guy named "Dutchsince" , who has a site and is all over You Tube .

The guy is 99% right on with his info and predictions , and he has the US west coast "under watch" , because of "large deep earthquakes" , in the western Pacific .

Washington, Oregon and Tardville , need to be ready ...........................

It's not all about science, the construction company I work for did all of Weyerhaeuser's commercial construction for decades. They decided to take large tracks of wood harvesting lands near populated areas and develop them. Our company was hired to manage the development. We found yellow deposits in several areas that lead to geological testing that proved huge tsunamis that occurred at almost regular intervals in the area. These waves were in the Puget Sound area and had to have been 400'+ tall to leave deposits in the areas in question.

If the core of the earth slows, even minutely, the crust will have momentum and keep moving in some areas. I get it, but this isnt new to this planet. Neither is the poles reversing, like in years not decades. Lots of proof for that as well.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
It's not all about science, the construction company I work for did all of Weyerhaeuser's commercial construction for decades. They decided to take large tracks of wood harvesting lands near populated areas and develop them. Our company was hired to manage the development. We found yellow deposits in several areas that lead to geological testing that proved huge tsunamis that occurred at almost regular intervals in the area. These waves were in the Puget Sound area and had to have been 400'+ tall to leave deposits in the areas in question.

If the core of the earth slows, even minutely, the crust will have momentum and keep moving in some areas. I get it, but this isnt new to this planet. Neither is the poles reversing, like in years not decades. Lots of proof for that as well.

OK , I was just trying to offer a source of information that may or may not be of importance to people here TODAY .

4Waters

Reaction score
Well it's gonna happen sooner or later.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
From sunrise to sunset....same as always.:D
And before you ask, the nights will still be from sunset to sunrise too!

Man, I think you need to back away from Stainless for awhile, You are asking questions that a Tard would ask. LOL

Lol. Probably right.

But I meant on a 24 hour clock.
I read the article closer after I asked and see that the variance is in milliseconds.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
France once had tidal generating stations.
I read someplace the Greens claimed they slowed down the rotation of the earth and evidently France cut back on the program.

18566951.gif