WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you use to clean your boats?

overtime

Boobs we all love um
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone does to clean there boat at the end of the day? I have had the best result with hot sauce>

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Performance Boat Candy and Scrubbing Bubbles on the transom.

overtime

Boobs we all love um
Reaction score
Chili does the scrubbing bubbles take off the wax on the transom?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Chili does the scrubbing bubbles take off the wax on the transom?

It doesn't appear to, but now the last few times I hit it with PBC afterwards to see if the soot comes off any easier and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I used to us Shower Power on the boat with no ill effects, but now I use PBC and the downside is the nose in front of the seating area is now slick and the wife has issues with stepping onto the boat when I pick her up at the dock.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Haven't used them all, but I like Hot Sauce, for the gel, then I usually use Nu Finish synthetic wax. Been thinking of trying some Collonite.

The guys from Starbrite at the bass Tournament gave me some Extreme Clean, It definitely works better than Scrubbing Bubbles on the upholstery and doesn't leave the stickiness of Scrubbing bubbles. You still need a good conditioner.

5 150whiteboy

Reaction score
I have used a few different detailer 's in the past like hot sauce, showshine etc etc and by far I'm in love with the entire Ducky line, I just recently got there quick wax and super wet amd from my previous write up u can hear how amazing the two work together. I have used duckys water spot remover and also water spot plus over my past 8 years of boating. Not only does the water spot pkis remive nasty watrr spots but also has a carnuba wax in it to help protect the gel on the next trip out. The owner is local to me in socal and will bend over backwards for his clients, I have ordered monday around 10 and been on my door step that following day. huge factor in my book is customer service and they by far kill the game by having great customer service and amazing products. Just my .02 hahahah

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
:)

Attachments

• 8-6-2007-02.jpg
    8-6-2007-02.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 119

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I use to use ducky, but boat candy smells so dandy, and leaves a little wax behind. I really like this stuff. Works on the cars too.

Sbarry

Reaction score
Does the boat candy have the vinegar smell like hot sauce?

Hot sauce works so well for us, that I don't even want to try anything else.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
I've owned a detail company for 15 years and now I sell the product as well. I've used it all, and I've got to say some of this stuff that the boat industry has now is well- should I say gimmick BS! I won't name other names or bad mouth specifics. But one company in particular states what's in the product right on the bottle and it's comical because it's down right not possible and is contradicting. The over the counter stuff is just not fun to use. All spray detailers generally do the same thing. But it's which one is easier and most efficient.

I use pro grade products not sold to consumers. I sell to pro shops (car dealers, car washes, detail shops & body shops) none of them use over the counter stuff...

Well here is the good news-
Very soon here we are going to be selling online to consumers and the general public. Our product is not just a line that we hope you like. The company has been around since 1961. We have 7-10 diffrent degreasers, 20 dressings (tires, trim, interior) we have like 10 diffrent waxes or so. Our product line is so deep it sometimes can be over whelming to the consumer. But I know we have a product YOU will like.

We also do traing and instructionals and will gladly teach you the tips of the pros. We do plan on advertising on RDs once we are ready. So until then I won't break any forum rules.

But let's just say you all will love what the pros use. It just hasn't been very accessible to the public yet.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
I have used a few different detailer 's in the past like hot sauce, showshine etc etc and by far I'm in love with the entire Ducky line, I just recently got there quick wax and super wet amd from my previous write up u can hear how amazing the two work together. I have used duckys water spot remover and also water spot plus over my past 8 years of boating. Not only does the water spot pkis remive nasty watrr spots but also has a carnuba wax in it to help protect the gel on the next trip out. The owner is local to me in socal and will bend over backwards for his clients, I have ordered monday around 10 and been on my door step that following day. huge factor in my book is customer service and they by far kill the game by having great customer service and amazing products. Just my .02 hahahah

Think about what you are saying there.... I've tried the product.

It has acid in it. Now how in the world is it also going to contain a carnauba wax?? I've talked to multiple people in the industry including chemists, it's down right head shaking.

The only way to get true hard etched water spots off a boat is acid. I've had to detail boats that have had such hard water spots that I've had to wet sand them. 1,500-2,000.

5 150whiteboy

Reaction score
Think about what you are saying there.... I've tried the product.

It has acid in it. Now how in the world is it also going to contain a carnauba wax?? I've talked to multiple people in the industry including chemists, it's down right head shaking.

The only way to get true hard etched water spots off a boat is acid. I've had to detail boats that have had such hard water spots that I've had to wet sand them. 1,500-2,000.
I didn't say anything about hard etched water spots, I take care of my boat and wipe it down less then 10 min after its on the trailer. All I did was give my opinion of the products I use and that I'm happy with, congrats on ur experience on wet sanding boats with hard etched water spots. If you want to know the overall break down of the product I'm sure ducky would be happy to help you with that. Like I said from my experience there water spot plus with white carnuba wax does great for me and I do recommend it. Have a happy 4th weekend and stay safe!!!

precisiondetails

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about hard etched water spots, I take care of my boat and wipe it down less then 10 min after its on the trailer. All I did was give my opinion of the products I use and that I'm happy with, congrats on ur experience on wet sanding boats with hard etched water spots. If you want to know the overall break down of the product I'm sure ducky would be happy to help you with that. Like I said from my experience there water spot plus with white carnuba wax does great for me and I do recommend it. Have a happy 4th weekend and stay safe!!!

I know you didn't say you use it for etched water spots. I'm saying I know it has acid in it. And it has Carnuba wax??? That was my point.

I know you just gave an opinion. I didn't mean to single you out. But calm down no need to get so defensive.

Happy 4th to you as well

nowski

Reaction score
I use 2/3 Meguiars Quick Detailer and 1/3 vinegar. A douche and wax all in one...

Always Floored

Reaction score
Vinegar, rain x, and turtlewax hoseless car wash. Mix the three together.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well when I had a boat [emoji107]
I would use hot sauce on the gel. Once a year I would use vinegar and water and strip the whole gel coat of all wax and then wax the whole boat again and back to using hot sauce again.

On the interior I would use magic eraser and use the vinyl sauce as a protector, again once a year I would derail the interior by stripping all conditioner of the vinyl and using a-tips to get in the cracks and where the piping is. Then again back to vinyl sauce for protecting. [emoji2][emoji106]

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Customer just sent me this 5 min ago. Looks like a fitting place to post :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436036613.940124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436036626.806117.jpg

Lots of great boat care products on the market. So long as you're not using vinegar & water we count it as a win! So blessed that many customers and others in the industry have become personal friends over the years. Happy 4th of July from Boat Bling!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Customer just sent me this 5 min ago. Looks like a fitting place to post :D

View attachment 417446
View attachment 417447

Lots of great boat care products on the market. So long as you're not using vinegar & water we count it as a win! So blessed that many customers and others in the industry have become personal friends over the years. Happy 4th of July from Boat Bling!

I've only got one sticker. Not sure if it's going on the no wake buoy at gas alley or on the mirror of the bathroom in lake house [emoji2]

Boat Bling

Reaction score
I've only got one sticker. Not sure if it's going on the no wake buoy at gas alley or on the mirror of the bathroom in lake house [emoji2]

Let your conscience be your guide Vicious. If questioned, we will back your story that it was there when you arrived. :D

TOBTEK

Reaction score
BLUE MIST.jpg

60/40 Mix with white Vinegar is the recipe for the Original "Tobteks secret sauce"

people in the know have been using it for years.