WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Which GPS ?

SydneyRaysDad

Average Member
Reaction score
We are looking for an economical handheld GPS to use on the trail. Anybody have any suggestions ?

Bails

Reaction score
All kinds of people told me the GPS to have is the Garmin Nuvi or Nuvo. I picked one up and I havent figured it out yet. So I'm not sure about it. It has a nice touch controls and worked great in my car. The trail features are hard for me to figure out.

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
I like the Garmins as they are extremely accurate and durable. We always use them to test our boats' top speeds and they get beat to death doing so but still function perfectly.

kiethco

Reaction score
garmin 76 cs or csx.
with garmin the c=color, the s=sensor as in barometric so you can trend weather or ascent/descent, the x=data card so you can load huge maps and save routes and waypoints.

this unit is mil-spec and floats and is waterproof. recently it was on sale for $150.00 at west marine. mounts can be found at cycoactive.com for under 40.00 bucks.
you can download your routes to your laptop. good stuff!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Buy it at a place with a great return policy.
COSTCO had half a dozen brands last we shopped.

Garmen is great,, but if you have problems,, you're best returning it for another unit rather that deal with Reddy in the Punjab over the phone for 12 hours.

Jus' sayin from experience. Wife is a nut for them.

phuggit

Reaction score
X2 on the Garmin 60 csx

Droidage........

hulihan

Reaction score
Garmin Oregon, it has a big screen and is pretty cool, my carrys one while riding and has it on in his back pak and it is spot on, no matter where we go , if you shop around, you can get a good deal !