Who's Riding Tomorrow

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I am:thumbup: Doing one of my favorite loops :D

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
What's your loop Cale? I need to start exploring the hills around here.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Really I just ride out of my house and jump on the trails in the hills North of the freeway. Plenty of climbs and downhills around here. You know where I see some places I would like to check out by your house besides the rides off of Placerita and off Calgrove is that area just past Soledad Cyn on the Left side of the freeway headed North. Right after the houses end. Btw you are close to Tapia Cyn also.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've been sticking to the tracks mainly actually mostly just milestone lol but it's wayyyy to hot I haven't been since the skater x a few weeks ago

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Just got back. Good ride but it's time to start getting out earlier, it was effin hot:cool

brgrcru

Reaction score
I am doing hanies cnyn and single track blue bug after 5 pm. I died tuesday on it after 11 days off the bike and at the river. like I am starting over WTF.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
do Kona single track in your area. fun ride. it's right up above the prison.

That's Tapia Cyn. I used to ride there all the time when I lived in Castaic. :thumbsup

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I'm riding tomorrow:thumbup: Up early and out to beat the heat:)

brgrcru

Reaction score
thinking of doing snow summit next week sometime. kind of just want to take a lift up for a day. getting burned out on the heat and going up up up.

Hammer

Reaction score
Just did a tune up on the bike. May hit up Tahoe this weekend or early next week. :thumbup:

Heading to so cal next week, wish I was able to bring my Bike, I'll have some free time Monday-wed.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Did a nice loop today. One hour and twenty minutes. I was out the door at 7:30 it seems I beat the heat. Last few rides I tossed up some cookies but I guess it isn't a party till someone pukes:D It was on the same climb too, brutal hill but at least I beat it:D Out the door early tomorrow also riding a dif loop. can't wait:thumbup: Get out early guys, it's effin hot:cool

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I'm out early tomorrow like 6 Can't wait nice steady ass climb turn around and downhill backhome

brgrcru

Reaction score
Instead of going to the river from Sunday- Tuesday where it's 120. I am going to mt pinos for 2 days rv camping with the wife and she will be shuttling me up for for some great rides down. I will ride up the 8 miles once but will shuttle the rest of the day.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Heading out in a few at least there is cloud cover but still hot. Drink up

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I will be out on the road tomorrow morning. i missed 4 days playing in havasu, so will be a little tougher for the first hills.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
You know what body part hurts the most after I've been off the bike and you get going again? My ass in the saddlelol

brgrcru

Reaction score
I spent 2 days up at Frazier park. I am wiped out, no shuttle. did upper/ mid section half day. on Monday and did the entire ride twice on Tuesday.

fly2hii

Reaction score
Been doing the Santa Ana River Trail after work on Thursdays. Whole different world a 30 minute drive up the mountain.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Got a late start today at about 8:30am. Hotter than haties but had an awesome ride. Good hour on the bike with some nice singletrack and finished with a long climb home. Gonna try and get out earlier tomorrow. Drink your water tonight if you are headed out in the morning:thumbup:

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Riding the MTB is really tough here in Phoenix this time of year. You can't get the air moving over you that you can on the road bike and the peak demands are higher. I have been doing pretty good road rides. EXCEPT, this morning?I decided to get on the S-Works. Christ, it was probably only 90 but the humidity was probably the same. My kit was completely wet as if I jumped in my pool. Hate this time of year for this.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Riding the MTB is really tough here in Phoenix this time of year. You can't get the air moving over you that you can on the road bike and the peak demands are higher. I have been doing pretty good road rides. EXCEPT, this morning?I decided to get on the S-Works. Christ, it was probably only 90 but the humidity was probably the same. My kit was completely wet as if I jumped in my pool. Hate this time of year for this.

We had rain this morning. double edged sword cooler but real humid, got it done though:thumbsup Makes some sense to hit the road, I hear ya about getting the air moving. After a long climb and then I hit the downhill I tell myself this isn't that bad:D

brgrcru

Reaction score
I did el prieto at 6 pm yesterday, had a Great ride a little rain, made the downhill real fun my hog altitude training earlier in the were did wonders I actually passed a couple people going up and 5 going down not bad for a 49 year old, with a 18 year old mentality.:D

brgrcru

Reaction score
so for my 25th anniversary tomorrow. how did I make it that long with out killing her and myself. this is why. we are headed to Big Bear to a bread and breakfast for 2 nights. you know what that means, I am riding the bike park for at least one day and maybe a day and a 1/2. yeah of course we will go have a nice dinner and other stuf:boobeyes: but to go riding makes that much better.m that's why she is still my wife. :thumbsup

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Cool have a good time I've never hit a bike park so report back. I headed out right now for aride

brgrcru

Reaction score
Bike park at snow summit was great. spent a total of 7 hours at the park. 2 day total. I am tore up, "soar, from hanging on for dear life. lol " I crashed, but a few times at end of day. tired and technique was gone. they have some good runs and are working on making it bigger and better. my bike did ok, but would of liked to try a "park bike" a little more plush and more travel. I am glad they don't have a high speed chair/ because I needed every minute to recover going up. first ride down I was little nervous, did not know what to expect? after that ride, it was haul-ass jump over table tops, shoot around berms, go over wood bridges, fly down some drops. it was actually like being on a roller coaster with you in control. loved everything about it. they also have some fire road stuff, off the top. did not do fire roads, but saw lots of people and families going that route. I wear knee/ shin pads, gloves and elbow pads along with a full helmet. did not get one scratch, yeah! for once. $35 gets you a full day. 9--4 pm. you can have lunch on top or beer. weekends I would think would be way crowed. I was passed a few times going down, by the few young guys who let you know they are coming in hot, who were flying off the jumps doing no hands and cross-ups. by middle morning of the the second day I was clearing all table tops and having a blast. highly recommend it. was a great change of pace from just climbing and then going down.

Hammer

Reaction score
Went for a 10 mile loop. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408317196.606662.jpg

Kicked my ass but felt good, hill climbs did me in...

Hammer

Reaction score
Back at it today. Attempting to get at least a couple miles in everyday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408498923.777907.jpg

Nothing rolling but hills, 1 mile grade to get out of the valley..... At least I can ride for miles on end right out of my driveway....

Ran I to these guys on my ride....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408499075.267030.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408499087.753540.jpg

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Just got back from an hour ride. Damn it sucks getting back going after a week off as we were on vacation. Good thing is I can't wait for tomorrow's ride.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I took off 10-12 days after getting back from bailing out in the Tour Divide in Montana. I feel like my legs are good but my cardio capacity is down for sure.

Steve

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Heading out in a few to beat the heat. Drink plenty of water if you are heading out.

Hammer

Reaction score
I'll be heading out in an hour or so.

Hammer

Reaction score
6.7 miles was a lot of work. It was fun though... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409519957.990469.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409519970.442463.jpg

I had to stop and think about riding down this section. If I was on a dirtbike I wouldn't have thought twice ! :D

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Had awesome rides Friday afternoon, Sunday and Monday morning. Legs are feeling great and I've been keeping the hydration up. The mornings have been a little cooler so I know that helps as well. Already looking forward to this afternoon ride.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Just got back from a short ride, First after having the stents put in. Legs feel much better than I expected after almost 3 weeks off.

Croz

Reaction score
thinking of doing snow summit next week sometime. kind of just want to take a lift up for a day. getting burned out on the heat and going up up up.

I've been riding summit all summer and it's friggn awesome. I'm also a downhill guy tho. But there is trails where you don't need 8 inches of travel. Make sure there's no thunderstorms before you go tho if they see lightening the close the lifts

Nailhead

Reaction score
I'm 2.8 miles from Tapia, rode it this morning and will be there tomorrow morning. Great trails without having to get in the car.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Very cool. I rode tonight but just a quick one as I'm doing one of my barn burners in the morning : thumbsup

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Very cool. I rode tonight but just a quick one as I'm doing one of my barn burners in the morning : thumbsup

Barn Burner? You racing it. Thats a Leadville qualifier here in Arizona. The race is today.

Steve

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Barn Burner? You racing it. Thats a Leadville qualifier here in Arizona. The race is today.

Steve

LOL No that is what I call a couple of my longer loops I have. One has a steep short climb that makes you feel awesome when you clear it and the one I did today has a long steady climb with some short steep ones. They leave you tanked but in a good way. I just got back in fact.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
LOL No that is what I call a couple of my longer loops I have. One has a steep short climb that makes you feel awesome when you clear it and the one I did today has a long steady climb with some short steep ones. They leave you tanked but in a good way. I just got back in fact.

I rode this morning for a couple hours. Rode thru a park here called Thunderbird Park. PLENTY YOGA PANTS!!! Nice.

Just so frisking humid it's hard to get it going.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Hot and humid here also. Im headed out in prob 30 minutes to beat it.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Just got home from riding my road bike to Lake Pleasant and back. I stopped to fix a flat and got a close shave by a guy in a lifted white Silverado, pulling a shitbox red and white boat. He was sporting an RD SUX sticker on his back window.

what a tool.