WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's Riding Tomorrow

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Recovery Day yaaaaa! Pizza Beer and football lol

brgrcru

Reaction score
I am headed to mammoth for 3 days of park riding. :)

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Heading out in a few minutes to beat the heat

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Crap, been nursing the arthritis in my knee since Sunday morning. It's feeling better and I'm shooting for a ride Saturday morning. Next time this acts up I'm headed to the doc first day. He wanted to shoot cortazone but I didn't want to start that. Isn't there some new stuff that is better? Anybody got any info? I have seen the xrays and I have no cartlage left, bone on bone and I don't mean that in a gay way. lol

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Crap, been nursing the arthritis in my knee since Sunday morning. It's feeling better and I'm shooting for a ride Saturday morning. Next time this acts up I'm headed to the doc first day. He wanted to shoot cortazone but I didn't want to start that. Isn't there some new stuff that is better? Anybody got any info? I have seen the xrays and I have no cartlage left, bone on bone and I don't mean that in a gay way. lol

I was in an Elk camp last week, with a orthopedic surgeon from Florida. He was telling me about micro-fracutre surgery for bone on bone. Very cool stuff, look into it.

Steve

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Going for a ride today but it took me out for six days. I'm going to start looking into it. Thanks

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
photo-90.JPG

Lake Pleasant this morning. Wind KICKED MY ASS, PROPER!!! :grumble:

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Took her out for 73 miles today. Its everything I imagined it would be for a superbike. Coming from a flat bar my back hurts a little. Its great to get down out of the head winds. I had my local shop keep the steering tube long and I will play with some spacers, then chop it off eventually. I love the new garmin connect 1000. Still learning all of that it can do.

Attachments

• 20140926_225736_resized_1.jpg
    20140926_225736_resized_1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 160

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Rode in South Lake Tahoe this week. Did a shuttle with a group of friends. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411856220.320657.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411856240.582827.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411856255.259078.jpg

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Took her out for 73 miles today. Its everything I imagined it would be for a superbike. Coming from a flat bar my back hurts a little. Its great to get down out of the head winds. I had my local shop keep the steering tube long and I will play with some spacers, then chop it off eventually. I love the new garmin connect 1000. Still learning all of that it can do.

I bet your first thoughts were, christ, this thing accelerates. Nothing like a new bike of that level, congrats!!

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer, do you still have your bike?

Lol. Of course. I just haven't ridden in the last 2 weeks. The fire has killed the air quality. Nothing but a smoke haze at my house.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Thanks for asking Steve. It's better now and Ive started doing some research on it. Im going to get proactive with it because it sounds like it will just keep getting worse over time. First stop will be with an Orthopedic to ee what the options are then a second opinion prob.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Damn, back on the bike Sat and Sun after taking a week off due to a bad case of gout. Rides felt good and can't wait to go this afternoon.

brgrcru

Reaction score
been riding mt pinos, Tapia cnyn, and rode Viper in Cyn country yesterday. that was a climb, forgot how long it was. seems like it never ends, with end in sight the entire time. :grumble:

had great DH riding at mammoth this year and at Big bear. great summer, riding the parks.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Pounded out Green River Trail today with the wife.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I went for the last time this year on the mt pinos trail. Friday. With the time change hard to make it up there. That's a great ride and rode it once a week all summer. Takes me 1 1/2 to get there and 1 1/2 to go up. The road and 25 min to get down. So it's a good afternoon.
Rode El Prieto trail or brown mountain today talked to a sponsored rider for decine He was riding a sweet green 27.5 intense. Bitchen bike.
Damn mountain biking is a blast. :thumbup:

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Damn I started a new jobsite and my riding during the week is about zero. Up early today and headed out on one of my loops :thumbup

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Headed out for a pre turkey day ride. Nice uphill climb then some downhill to bring it home :thumbup

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Just got back. Four days in a row feels good. Gonna get a little moisture for the trails over the next couple days it looks like. :thumbup

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Rode yesterday and today. Damn the trails were nice with some moisture

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Don't know why but I've been on my road bike a bunch lately. But damn it's been a windy fall so far. Has it been windy out your way?

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Don't know why but I've been on my road bike a bunch lately. But damn it's been a windy fall so far. Has it been windy out your way?

Yea we get those Santa Anas that blow out of the canyons. Nothing like powering through a climb only to find out you are going slower on the downhill cause the wind is pushing you back up LOL

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Hey Cale, maybe we can meet up for some riding sometime soon. Talk about great conditions...

brgrcru

Reaction score
Rode 5 days this week
M tapia cyn Kona and g out
T hanies cyn to upper and lower blue bug
W tapia cyn burn victim and g out
T tapia cyn kona and g out
F el prieto with highlights of rain and lightning

Great week of riding and my legs are shot. Hope to get in 3 days next week.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Hey Cale, maybe we can meet up for some riding sometime soon. Talk about great conditions...

I'm finally back on the bike. Dec 15 I started crazy overtime at work that lasted till Jan 9. Caught the month long cold that everyone got. Mix that in with a little gout and I was off for a while. Rode yesterday and today and feel good.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Rode 5 days this week
M tapia cyn Kona and g out
T hanies cyn to upper and lower blue bug
W tapia cyn burn victim and g out
T tapia cyn kona and g out
F el prieto with highlights of rain and lightning

Great week of riding and my legs are shot. Hope to get in 3 days next week.

Used to ride those when I lived in Castaic. Good riding. Any signs of development? I know that was a strong rumor not long ago.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Used to ride those when I lived in Castaic. Good riding. Any signs of development? I know that was a strong rumor not long ago.

not that I know of. you just can not ride up Tapia cyn. you have to go up junk yard or by the dog pound, which I do. great fun fast riding single track. favorite place to ride now, accept for the bike parks.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
not that I know of. you just can not ride up Tapia cyn. you have to go up junk yard or by the dog pound, which I do. great fun fast riding single track. favorite place to ride now, accept for the bike parks.

Good maybe just a rumor then[emoji106]

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Just passing this on in case any of you want to give it a try on your next Vegas trip. We rented Cyclocross Treks in Henderson NV at River Mountain Loop on East Lake Mead PKWY and for the next three hours rode mostly all paved bike paths around the River Mountain Loop Trail. If you include the gravel diversion down the old rail road right away to Hoover Dam and back its about a 42 mile loop. 2500 feet of vertical heading up to Boulder City. Pack all your gear including bottles. They have the bikes and helmets. Take your own peddles and shoes. We had a great time. Flat landers like me have no way to train for this kind of fun. :thumbup:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
IMG_0132.JPG

Hit my favorite trail in Arizona this morning, The Black Canyon Trail. The white rock figures have become a bit of a shrine at the top of a huge climb. Ran into tons of trail runners today out there. There was a 62 mile ultra distance race going on. These guys (and girls) are inspiring.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Nice ride yesterday and heading out in a few. So damn overcast its cold. Like 65 degrees LOL

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Spent yesterday and this morning at my house up in Happy Jack. I rode yesterday morning in the woods, at 7250' wearing only riding pants, (short) a jersey and windbreaker. Must have been nearly 60deg. What an unbelievable gift Arizona is, riding in the mountains in February. :thumbup:

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Heading out on a nice hour loop right now. Starts with a nice flowing single track up and down, midway just grind out a climb and end with some down hill that ends at my house. Later

Nailhead

Reaction score
Tapia/Charlie is my "go to place" since I'm only a couple miles away. Rode there this morning, just a bit cold and windy. Heading out to Vail Lake tomorrow for some suffering. If you ever see me out on my pile be sure to say hey.