WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wish it wasn't 4/1, Reno to Cabo Baja 2500 2012

RaceTec

Reaction score
http://www.race-dezert.com/home/reno-to-cabo-2500-for-2012-16631.html
SCORE and BITD in a joint effort today announced a new unique venue for 2012 replacing the 2012 Baja 1000.

2500 miles of racing through 2 US States, 2 Mexican States and crossing one International border is a first in US Off-Road history.

The 5 day event will be held in multiple stages with overnight rest in multiple host towns.

SCORE CEO Sal Fish is overly excited about the Reno to Cabo 2500 ?It has been a life-long dream of mine to combine racing in Baja with racing in the US and now it?s finally happening. An unprecedented amount of cooperation was required with Nevada, Arizona and Mexican officials into the somewhat secret planing of this monster of a race.?

Never has an automotive race in North America crossed International borders before, and extra resources will be made available by the Department of Home Land Security to guaranty a smooth border transition during the race days.

The Mexicali Tourism Board played an integral role in hosting one of the stages and rest day of the Reno to Cabo 2500 in Mexicali ?We always try to accommodate Off-Road racing in Mexicali..? Omar Dipp of the Mexiclai Toursim Office said ?..now we can extend our generous hospitality to the Off-Road world. Mexicali as the capital of Baja California makes for the perfect place for such an event.?

Casey Folks, CEO of Best in the Desert series, is extremely thrilled about today?s announcement, ?We have to give up the Blue Water Desert Challenge in October to make this happen, but it will give double back to the town of Parker by bringing the Reno to Cabo 2500 along. We typically don?t race in Mexico but with the experience and help of SCORE on our side we feel comfortable in undergoing this new adventure. I always try to be true to our racers and look out for the best possible way to organize races. This is just another example that we put the racers first.?

Racers will have the option to enroll with either of the two series for their points championship. The race will count as a triple points payout.

A preliminary outline of the event

Day 1: Reno, NV to Las Vegas, NV ? party on Fremont Street
Day 2: Las Vegas, NV to Laughlin, NV to Parker, AZ ? About 60% of the day will be driven on public Highway in transitional stages.
Day 3: Parker, AZ ? Two loops on the traditional Parker 425 course and the transition to Mexicali, Mexico.
Day 4: Rest Day and Fan presentation in Mexicali. Teams will be allowed to service vehicles for 4 hours.
Day 5: Mexicali to Cabo San Lucas ? No more highways transition stages and a run for the finish.

Lots of racers have confirmed full support and participation for the Reno to Cabo 2500 next year.

NASCAR racer and multiple Baja winner Robby Gordon commented ?Forget Dakar. This is closer to home and I get to race in my much faster trophy truck even though it?s a multiple stage event like I enjoy so much in Dakar.?

Race legend Ivan ?Ironman? Stewart will come back one final time to race behind the wheel ?I wouldn?t want to miss this one for the world. You know I have raced anywhere there is dirt and have won them all, but the only way to win this one is to participate. Now I just have to purchase back all my racing stuff if I can find it??