WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF? No Charges filed?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah that don't look right.. I'm not sure how castle law applies there if he's that close to his truck? I'd wager he will be charged soon enough.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
He was questioned then released. Apparently they had an ongoing issue, the article states that the armed guy shot the other's dog, this was a follow up to the incident.

I don't know about you, but I am not going to chase a guy around with a gun pointed at me. The guy who got shot should have walked away, instead he continued to berate the guy and run him down. At least that is what it looked like.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yeah that don't look right.. I'm not sure how castle law applies there if he's that close to his truck? I'd wager he will be charged soon enough.

The castle doctrine probably does not matter. If the shooter thought he was in fear of his life, it could be justified shooting.

oldschool

Reaction score
Ya, that was a less than ideal situation for now dead guy. He should have realized he wasn't going to win that argument.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
People don't kill people, guns kill people.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
ROFL. Got to always keep your agenda eh dildo queen? Guns are bad, Jets are bad, you need a helmet! You need a Life Line!

Go play in your rubber room.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I am not going to chase a guy around with a gun pointed at me. The guy who got shot should have walked away, instead he continued to berate the guy and run him down. At least that is what it looked like.

As an outsider looking in, all I see is that the guy with the gun is backing away and the other guy is continuing to follow him. As a rational human, if someone else has a gun pointed at me, the smart thing to do is leave. What I see here is that the unarmed guy is showing intent by continuing to pursue the guy with the gun. He obviously has the ability and opportunity, at that distance, to do harm. He proved intent by continuing to chase the guy with the gun around. Dumbass.

Enen

Reaction score
I can’t open the link in the RDP app?

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I know most people joke about Darwinism and the process of natural selection in cases like this, but damn, it's a real thing.
Any sane, reasonable human being worthy of passing along genes knows enough to not scream at and challenge the guy holding the weapon.
Not sure the human race lost in this case.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Hate seeing these deals go down. Too bad we can't get more of the story and how the whole thing started.

My point of view based on the video alone, is there was an altercation and one guy got a gun to end the altercation. For whatever reason the other guy didn't take the gun seriously and continued pushing towards the armed man. Visually I interpret the actions of the guy pushing forward as threatening and in the end, I have to conclude a case of self defense.

Except for idiots that claim the gun is capable of killing on it's own, a physical fight has too many times resulted in death without a gun involved. With that as precedent, fear for one's life and/or physical well being is ground one has the right to defend one's self.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
...a physical fight has too many times resulted in death without a gun involved. With that as precedent, fear for one's life and/or physical well being is ground one has the right to defend one's self.

Exactly. Especially if there is a decent amount of age difference between the two individuals, size disparity (disparity of force), etc.

500bbc

Reaction score
That I got away?:D

One fucker was poping off rounds.:eek:

dribble

Reaction score
Hate seeing these deals go down. Too bad we can't get more of the story and how the whole thing started.

My point of view based on the video alone, is there was an altercation and one guy got a gun to end the altercation. For whatever reason the other guy didn't take the gun seriously and continued pushing towards the armed man. Visually I interpret the actions of the guy pushing forward as threatening and in the end, I have to conclude a case of self defense.

Except for idiots that claim the gun is capable of killing on it's own, a physical fight has too many times resulted in death without a gun involved. With that as precedent, fear for one's life and/or physical well being is ground one has the right to defend one's self.

Let me say this. I (legally) carry a gun almost everywhere I go. I am far from anti-gun. I would have not drawn my weapon in this case because I have very little doubt that at my age (61) I could take that 120 lb guy. It would not have been worth it to me to take his life to prevent what at worst would have been street brawl. If I ever shoot, it is only because I'm fearful that myself or my loved one(s) are going to be seriously injured or killed. That guy didn't look like he could hurt a 12 year old.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I would have not drawn my weapon in this case because I have very little doubt that at my age (61) I could take that 120 lb guy. It would not have been worth it to me to take his life to prevent what at worst would have been street brawl.

The article stated that the shooter and the dead guy had history. If you KNEW a guy was dangerous, would you still make the same determination? 27 year old, 150+# guy with a known criminal past... We don't know what the shooter knew about the guy, but here's what a quick search turned up:

https://www.rapsheets.org/texas/angleton-jail/SHELLEY_CURTIS/255837

Arrested in '09 for "terroristic threats of family/household" - sound like an upstanding guy.

RACER J

Reaction score
Let me say this. I (legally) carry a gun almost everywhere I go. I am far from anti-gun. I would have not drawn my weapon in this case because I have very little doubt that at my age (61) I could take that 120 lb guy. It would not have been worth it to me to take his life to prevent what at worst would have been street brawl. If I ever shoot, it is only because I'm fearful that myself or my loved one(s) are going to be seriously injured or killed. That guy didn't look like he could hurt a 12 year old.
Your first mistake is judging someone by there size. I've seen it done to too many times. Lol

dribble

Reaction score
Your first mistake is judging someone by there size. I've seen it done to too many times. Lol
Maybe
The article stated that the shooter and the dead guy had history. If you KNEW a guy was dangerous, would you still make the same determination? 27 year old, 150+# guy with a known criminal past... We don't know what the shooter knew about the guy, but here's what a quick search turned up:

https://www.rapsheets.org/texas/angleton-jail/SHELLEY_CURTIS/255837

Arrested in '09 for "terroristic threats of family/household" - sound like an upstanding guy.

What we know is that eight years ago at age 19, he threatened someone and did 60 days for it. I'm certainly not a bad ass and I have tangled with the wrong guy a time or two in my life and paid the price. But his one (that we know of) conviction doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I know a sworn peace officer (DMV Investigator) with a misdemeanor assault conviction (fighting while young and stupid). I'm still not blowing his head off from ten feet away with a 12 gauge in that situation. I'll stand and fight if that what it's going to come to. I didn't see a situation where the guy deserved being shot like that. If for some reason I did feel my life was in danger (knowing more about it than I know now) yes I would shoot until the threat was stopped. When this guy aimed a shogun at his head he knew he was going to kill him. Now he can live with it.

spectras only

Reaction score
So you are saying the gun should be charged with murder and not the shooter?

RD
No, I'm saying, if Grads chokes to death by his dildo, his wife should sue the manufacturer to making the dildo to suffer abuse. Poor innocent dildo,lol