Desert Storm kicked off last night with the annual Desert Storm Welcome Party at Horizon Motorsports in Lake Havasu City, AZ. As usual, the dealership normally filled with lake toys quickly filled up with desert Storm participants ready to get their long weekend party started. I didn’t get an official headcount, but I would guess there were up to 300 people all having a great time. Like before, there was a huge buffet and complimentary beer, with all tips going to charity. Music was provided for dancing, with none other than Jimmy Nichols himself working as the DJ and MC. There was also a silent auction with some great items up for grabs, and all proceeds going to Storm charities.

IMG_0080.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

In an odd first for this event, there was a cover charge at the door for non-participants of the poker run. Not sure how this went over with the public, but it didn’t seem to slow down the crowds as the place was packed. Lots of familiar local faces were on hand, as well as others from across the country. I got a chance to chat with a few of them between shots and it’s always great to catch up.

IMG_0038.jpg

The Teague family was there, after just participating in Kruisin for a Kause earlier that day, as well as an aerial photo shoot of their new Adrenaline Custom Boat. I also caught up with Lawrence Cohello, AKA: The Rapid Rabbit. He told me he brought both his 28 DCB Extreme V-hull, and his DCB F29 and hopes to run both of them in the shootout. Keep an eye out for him because he likes to run his boats hard and always puts on a great show.

IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Of course, Horizon had a lot of their inventory on display outside the dealership, which gave attendees a lot to fill their instagram pages with. From Quad-Outboard Center Consoles to offroad side-by-sides, they pretty much had anything you could want on your shopping list.

IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg
IMG_0084.jpg

Overall, it was a great party and set the mood nicely for what looks to be shaping up as a great Desert Storm. Today is the famous Desert Storm Street Party, which starts at 1pm. Of course, RDP will have the biggest party on the street located in our usual spot, so make sure to stop by for new gear and get your wrist bands for the RDP after party on Saturday night!