You read that correctly, RDP will be staging it's first official Boat & Performance Evaluations in Parker Arizona on November 3rd and 4th. I have been in discussions with Bob Brown over the last few months on what it would take to do this properly, and earlier today I finally made the decision to pull the trigger. We have decided to break this down to a Genre of boat, and for our first go around we would like to primarily focus on Deck Boats as they seem to be the most popular selling model on the market right now. I would prefer that the Deck Boat have a Mercury 565 or a Mercury 600 for power for comparison reasons, however if that is not attainable other Engine packages with less or more power are acceptable.

1X7A3391.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

While we are trying to focus our first round of testing on Deck Boats, we understand that it has been quite sometime since any actual testing has occurred. Depending on the amount of Deck Boats we have to test, we may also be allowing Manufacturers to bring one other model of boat that they would like tested and written up.

Bob Brown will be overseeing a team of veterans to perform the tests themselves.

IMG_0199.jpg

The only details I will share at this point is the tests themselves will be STANDARDIZED and modeled after Automotive tests for fair results across the board. The Evaluations will be done in three categories : Overall Quality - Done on the Trailer, Performance Evaluation, and finally the wild card "The Real World Scenario."

IMG_0437.jpg

The last detail that I will share that will be different then tests done in the past is the test results will NOT be influenced by Advertising Dollars. The test team is being hired by me and is completely INDEPENDENT of RDP. Which is the way I believe the tests should have been done historically.

IMG_0346.jpg

If you are interested in Having your boat reviewed, please email me at [email protected] or give me a call for more details 949-678-8369

RD