First let me say I am impressed by how many people are already exited about the 2015 Parker Enduro! I vowed to put up updates monthly as we get closer, and wasn't sure how many people were reading them. My phone blew up from a few different racers wondering where this update was on the 23rd.. I had to explain that I was travelling for the Holidays, and I didn't think anybody would really be paying attention until after the new year anyways.. Boy was I wrong!

So here's your 10 month update for the 336!! I am happy to say that our rules are in fact DONE! THEY WILL BE POSTED ON NEW YEARS EVE RIGHT HERE IN THE 336 SECTION! You will be able to download the entire actual PDF as soon as Forensic gets back from Vacation and can put them into our actual forum software under the 336 Tab at the top. :)

black shirt front.png

Our registration process for this years 336 Enduro will be ONLINE! You will be able to register your team / boat etc.. at Motorsportsreg.com shortly after the New Year! We are already working hard on that process and it will be up and available shortly! There will be a Discount for those that register early, a nominal registration, a penalty for late registration, a secondary penalty for day of registration. It's all explained in the rules, but I'm hoping that with earlier registrations (and all the paperwork that goes with it) it will help us lay out the pits, and streamline the process from when racers show up, to when we can test and tune. In short everything you need will be handled ahead of time, except for one signature.

Now it's time to take a look at some of our GROWTH!! The single most important thing for the 336 is growth and new blood! Don't mistake the words "New Blood" though, that would include getting some long time boat racers to dust their rigs off and get them back out on the race course again. Dave Rankin, and Ben Marrone, have been hard at work to get everything I asked for out before the New Year. They have managed to pull that off, and even had to put a foot in my ass to finish up somethings on my end to make it happen. Their Energy and Passion for this race is nothing short of contagious, and on top of putting together rules, and dealing with a whole host of behind the scenes problems and solutions, they have been talking to Anybody that has just about any kind of boat about racing the Enduro. Their efforts are working, as many people have already started prepping for this years race! I'd like to take a look at Two NEW ENTRIES FOR 2015, and will try to feature a few each month in our updates.

First up, The very definition of New Blood! DCB www.dcbperformanceboats.com is Campaigning a boat in the 2015 336 Parker Enduro! Dave recently reacquired his original 19' Daytona! This boat used to run hard 1/4 mile times on Nitrous. The boat is a Semi Light Layup, but heavy enough that it won't come apart in decently rough water. The Plan was to repower it with a Mild motor and give it to his son. While that Plan is likely still on the table, it has been temporarily shelved because they would like to use the boat for the Enduro. In talking with Tony C (Head Rigger at DCB) he said "The Enduro has always been on my bucket list, and 2015 is the year we are going to do it! We are unsure if we are going to power it with a 2 liter and run a lower Division, or if we are going to put a Monster on it and run one of faster Divisions. We are just waiting on the rules to see what we want to do."

photo 1.jpg

Well Tony will be interested to know, that the 2 Liters remain unchanged for 2015. The Green Motors got another 1/2 an inch of Transom height if my information is correct, AND in the 2015 Enduro we will have an OUTBOARD UNLIMITED CLASS that will be competitive with the old Division 6 & 7 boats!! (I say old, because the 2015 Enduro has 11 Divisions to be more inclusive!)

Second up I'd like to talk about Steve Peterson's boat that he is building for the 336. Steve (better known as Steve0143 here on RDP) is building a 21' Dimarco for the race. This isn't exactly your standard Day Cruiser here though. The boat is currently over at Orange County Boat Repair getting bottom modifications done, that Steve would only describe as "Extensive." The new design is a collaborative effort between Steve and George from Finishline Racing (Better known as AZGEO here on RDP). I'll get more into George's background in a subsequent article for RDP in the future, but suffice to say he's more then qualified to be an expert in designing, building, and racing V-Drive boats. The boat itself will be a very unique piece with 2 smaller rudders instead of one large one. It will feature a 622 Inch (you read that right) Long Block by Barry Obler (Obnoxious here on RDP) of Obnoxious Racing Engines. Stack that with two massive Turbo's and EFI and you will be looking at "Ludicrous Horsepower." In talking with Steve he is estimating it at around 2500 HP. Steve Yoder (Yoder Fabrication) fabbed up the exhaust, and intake plumbing so it's bound to a very clean install. Steve Peterson's (SteveO143) business is building Billet V-drive Cases, and building v-drives for all sorts of clients that are full blown racers, to family play boats. He will be handling the driveline, and the v-drive itself.

On an interesting side note during our talks Steve casually mentioned that he has already gotten several orders for V-Drives for the upcoming Enduro, and was very excited about the direction the race is heading. So much so, he has already committed his business to being a sponsor, and we don't even have our sponsor packages ready yet for 2015!

Until New Years!