Many have already read the initial announcement in regards to Dana Marine Products closing down and relocating to a new facility. The eminent domain situation that was facing Dana Marine Products caused a two week company shut down. The state of California had all inventory and assets under changed locks leaving the company down a river without a paddle.

Dana Stettler, president of Dana Marine Products LLC has been battling some health issues for the last couple of years. These issues have kept this involvement with the company very limited. With the state of California now owning the occupied property, the clock for Dana Marine to relocate finally stopped ticking. When this problem surfaced, former Vice President and General Manager of Dana Marine Products, Bob Jeanblanc was faced with a difficult situation. "I have always remained close friends with Dana" Jeanblanc says, "When I was contacted by his family to save the company, I felt I had no choice and I had an obligation to Dana, his family, and the industry to do what I can do to salvage Dana Marine Products."

Jeanblanc currently owns and operates Marine Industries West LLC, the corporate mother ship to his high performance rigging shop, BJ's Marine and Recycle Performance, a company that specializes in used boat parts.

bldg-LR.jpg

"My hands were already full with my existing companies" Jeanblanc says, "taking on Dana Marine in it's depleted condition was something I had no time to think about. We had to act fast and figure it out as we went along."

The situation that Jeanblanc was asked to resolve is no easy task. Through llegal channels and persistence, Jeanblanc was successful in persuading the state to allow access to all inventory and assets. "It's been a tough couple of weeks" says Jeanblanc, "But in the end, I have accomplished what I set out to do, which is to salvage this company. I have a long road ahead of me to get the company running on all eight cylinders, but for now we are running."

So what's next for Dana Marine?

Bob answers "Although the current situation is not optimum, we are doing the best that we can with the cards that are on the table, Orders are being processed, inventory is being built and boxes are shipping. The good news is, things are happening quickly. In the last 3 weeks, the huge task of relocating Dana Marine has been completed.
We have machines working overtime to get our inventory built back up."

041-lr.jpg

It's no mystery that Dana Marine's reputation has been severely damaged due to poor customer service since Jeanblanc's departure four years ago compounded by Dana's health issues. Numerous online threads have been started about horrible customer service and customers not being able to receive products.

Bob commented on that by saying "It's my primary goal to give customers truthful information, regardless of it being good or bad. I unknowingly inherited a public relations nightmare. Fixing a problem of this size will take some time. Gearing up the inventory and having qualified people to assist customers is the primary focus for the reorganized company."

He also went on with a more positive note saying "The support from the boating community during this transaction has been unbelievable!" Jeanblanc proudly speaks of the strong relationships with local OEMs, repair shops, and retail clients. " I have received so much help from good people who want nothing in return, it has been a blessing. I simply could not accomplish this task alone Strong grass roots relationships with so many people will ultimately lead to the success of this endeavor."

There are many parts houses, many of whom have unqualified people answering phones and taking orders for products they know very little to nothing about. What makes this situation unique is that Jeanblanc and his expanding crew are all qualified marine mechanics who specialize in high performance boat building, rigging, and repairs.

"It's easy to sell parts cheap with unqualified people. The real value for clients is to have technical help from qualified people who have actually installed and understand the products they are selling and how they work."

022.JPG

The crew at Marine Industries West is working very hard to fill existing orders for all the popular items. Bob commented "I would ask that clients continue to be patient as we work through this situation,We're making a large number of components to fill these orders and we are working as quickly as possible"

009-lr.jpg

Consumers can expect the website to be live again in the next 3-5 days. Please have some patience as there are sure to be a few glitches at first that will need to be worked out.

Bob's final comment

"For anyone that has any questions, please feel free to contact me.
I will never be able to fill Dana?s shoes, he is truly an engineering genius. My goal is to carry the torch and continue his legacy. I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank everyone for their patience and help during this crazy time, things will get better, parts will ship faster, and we will bring this company back to life."

eng-lr-2.jpg

Phone # 951-279-5005.

New address is now :
1260 N Red Gum St
Anaheim Ca 92806