It has long been known that DCB has owned the West Coast as the top tier boat mfg out here, and it's refreshing to see that the Brand is becoming more and more popular across the country! The latest M33R was custom built for Scott James of Greenville SC!
The boat will be used in several FPC Poker Runs, but primary use will be Lake Hartwell which borders South Carolina and Georgia. Scott and family are great ambassadors of the brand, and live life with true "Southern Hospitality." If you see them out on the water make sure you let them know you are from RDP, and say hello!
The following are the stats on the M33R
- 9’ 7” beam
- twin Mercury Racing 450R
- STR Brackets (Shaun Torrente Racing)
- 100% Alcantara interior with matching under cuddy, as well as full bed pad
- Custom matching carpet kit with shaved diamonds in the fabric
- Phase III gelcoat scheme
- Half cap with SS rub rail
- Vacuum Infused Resin (VIR) process, balsa-cored, with aggressive carbon-fiber & carbon-kevlar
- Three (3) Garmin 8612 monitors
- One (1) Mercury Vessel View 5” (C-Zone)
- Dual Garmin VIRB HD camera system mounted to windshield strut
- Rear view mirror
- Isotta Carlotta steering wheel
- Mercury Zero Effort DTS shifter/throttle
- 6-person intercom system with VHF boat-to-boat communication (aka “DCB Channel”)
- Two (2) Garmin GMi20’s in back of headrests
- Interior Rigid LED lighting package (mood lighting, courtesy lighting, LED cupholders, underwater lighting)
- Stage III stereo – Fusion head unit | two (2) JL Audio amplifiers | Ten (10) JL Audio M6 midrange LED speakers | Two (2) 12” JL Audio W3 subwoofers
- Billet foot shower
- Billet swimstep with SeaDek
- Extreme Custom Trailer, tandom-axle with custom two-tone Chrome 18” FUEL rims, SS fenders, triangular drive guard, courtesy ladder, undercarriage LED lighting package, etc…
- Top speed – 125MPH plus!!
Detailed Pics of the boat to follow!
(Note the custom dash pads to reduce glare on the windshield)
While SeaDeck / Gatorstep is the modern trend, A first class carpet still looks more classy. The shaved diamonds are a nice touch as well!
Note the seadeck documentation number on the inside of the cabinet! Pretty trick!
There are so many trick options that go into one of these builds it would be impossible to list them all. I really like the headset holders up under the gunnel.
While it looks intimidating (like we are going to launch a space shuttle) the controls are actually very easy to use in one of these. The locking glove ox with the keys and ignition switches is something that is very handy at different marinas.
DCB has been perfecting their camera mounts for awhile now, and have included a rear view mirror option!
Another phenomenal build by DCB!! Scott if you are reading this we wish you many happy years of boating in your new DCB!
Photos : Tommygun Images / DCB
Words : RiverDave