DCBLogo2.png
Recently I was talking to Paul Miller of Dave's Custom Boats and he mentioned to me that Preston of Horizon Motorsports in Lake Havasu was building a new boat for stock. Now that doesn't sound like a big deal, a boat dealer building a boat for stock, but when he said it I was floored and I will explain why. Since DCB's inception the company itself has only built one boat for "stock." The boat was an M-29 with 565's and was a clean package, but built "entry level" as far as DCB's go. (If there is such a thing)

1779315_604651092921470_323084775_n.jpg

It is extremely rare for a dealer to step up and order a DCB "for stock" let alone an M-31 with 700's! The reasons are fairly obvious that the boats are generally built custom to order (the polite way of saying it). To jump straight on the brass tack so to speak, the main reason dealers don't stock them is because it is a considerable investment to build one on spec.

The line drawings of Horizon Motorsports new M31 under construction

unnamed.jpg

For a dealer to pull the trigger on an investment like this, it openly shows that they have consummated the relationship between the manufacturer and themselves, and feel that the market is strong enough that they won't be sitting on the boat long. I called Preston this morning to ask him how sales have been going and what would prompt such an aggressive move. Preston simply said "It's basically supply and demand. So long as the boat has factory Mercury or Ilmore power, we can't keep a used one on the floor. As soon as they come in they are sold, and we have a backlog of customers that want them!" He continued on discussing some new builds... "We have a boat being finished up right now for a customer according to Tony is going to be the nicest and most option M31 built to date! We also have one that is just getting started right now for another customer right behind that one, and heavy interest on two more potential builds. The Market is so strong on these boats it's unbelievable."

(Spraying Graphics)
presboat5.jpg

(Graphics Sprayed)

presboat4.jpg

Boat being built for Horizon's customer (Check out the back seats! Carlos has out done himself again!)

horcustomer4.jpg

horcustomer3.jpg
horcustomer2.jpg

To date only one other dealer in the country has built DCB's on speculation and that was David Hardgrove of North Coast Performance Marine in Ohio, and he has been hugely successful with it. On top of purchasing several used boats from DCB that were taken in on trade in's, Dave was the first to roll the dice on the investment builds, and his gamble has paid off as all three boats have been sold!

M31 with 700's built on Spec
Hardgrove1.jpg

Another M31 with 700's built for North Coast Performance Marine.
Hardgrove2.jpg

M-29 with 565's built for North Coast Performance Marine
HardGrove3.jpg

In other DCB news, RDP would like to congratulate Eric Wineburger on his surprise visit from Mercury Marine! Eric was awarded the title "Mercury Master Technician" by Scott Thudium. This is exceptionally prestigious certification, with less then 300 Mercury technicians in the country in the club! Congratulations again Eric you deserve it!

10557347_688297177890194_5136343876321118452_n.jpg
10599338_688297181223527_7506844637011121953_n.jpg

For more information on Dave's Custom Boats call 619-442-0300.
www.dcbperformanceboats.com

For more information on the Red M31 or with 700's or to place an order out of Lake Havasu call Preston 928-855-9555
http://www.horizonmotorsportsllc.com/

For more information on DCB's in the Midwest call David Hardgrove 330-494-3115
www.northcoastperformancemarine.com

written by RiverDave