Meet the Owner Robert Lankford and Service Director Mike Morris of Iguana Marine located on Industrial Blvd here in Lake Havasu City. Best friends since high school, Robert and Mike grew up in Southern California. Since childhood, Lake Havasu has always been a favorite playground for the two. Through the years, their friendship has made them inseparable.

Owners.jpg

Robert and Mike both joined the military right out of high school. After serving their country with commitment and honor, Robert went into the automotive collision management field, and Mike pursued a career as a boat repair and maintenance technician. Robert’s career in the collision industry moved him to Texas in mid-1997. Mike moved to Havasu in 1998 and has 20 plus years in the boat repair business.

Crownline.jpg

In February of 2018, Robert sold his business in Texas. About to retire, he felt there was more for him to do. So, he and Mike decided to open a full-service boat repair and maintenance shop here in the very place they both loved, Lake Havasu. In less than three short months of planning, and with the amazing support of their wives and family, Robert and Mike opened Iguana Marine on September 1, 2019.

Iguana Crownline.jpg

Since their opening in September, they have created and earned a stable customer base. And yes, they do service all makes and models of boats. The list includes I/O and outboards to v-drive and jet drives and from high-performance boats to fishing boats and even pontoons. If it is a boat in need of repair or service, it is their type.

Mechanical work.jpg

“We are looking forward to a bright future here in Havasu with our unique management philosophy that we call H.I.T. H.I.T. stands for Honesty, Integrity, and Transparency. It is how we not only conduct our business but also our lives.” Robert Lankford

Iguana Outside Night.jpg

The customers will receive periodic updates on the status of their boats as they are being serviced, keeping the line of communication open between customers and Iguana Marine’s team. They want each customer to know the team at Iguana Marine will do what they say they will do. Their goal, as professionals, is to make sure that customers are completely satisfied. If for any reason, they have fallen short of this goal, the client is encouraged to speak directly to the owner and, or managing partners.

IguanaMarineLogo.png

Iguana Marine is so confident in their commitment to their customers that they will find Robert’s personal cell phone number on his business cards. “As the owner of Iguana Marine, I am never beyond my customer's reach. We are here not to just gain customers but to also form relationships within the community we live in.”

Story : Kolleen Bookey
Photos : Iguana Marine