savage.jpg
Well it's newsday Tuesday / Sponsor Appreciation day!!

Lets start with the RDP news for this week and finish with a little apology from me to the members.

So what has happened since last Tuesday on the sponsor appreciation front? Well amazingly enough the trend continues! We picked up another service shop here in Havasu, with a pretty cool little story behind it. Welcome aboard SAVAGE MARINE! We will have an article on them, along with an audio interview here with pics in the next week or two. There banners are in development now and should be ready tomorrow sometime so look for them on the site! Mark the new owner is very excited to be a part of the community, and plans on offering some deep new customer discounts and contests!

While we haven't actually billed them yet, one of our own members has decided to market something a little out of the norm for us as a boating website. Wicky has a business that sells a natural pain killer known as Kratom. I am still learning quite a bit about it myself, but I'm sure he will be pretty vocal about it in the forums, so perhaps we'll all learn together. In short though he tells me if you have chronic back pain, or neck pain this is the answer. I'm going to get some for FlyingBowtie and have him be our test mule, because his back is jacked up then a redneck's truck that just hit the lottery. That about closes us out for new sponsors this week, but this has been an amazing start to the 2014 year so far and it looks like the trend is only going to get better as we go into the season!

A little while back I put out a "call" to the manufacturers we never hear from, and I have had a pretty amazing response so far! I have heard from Ultra, Caliber 1, and now Interceptor Boats (which is a newer manufacturer). Interceptor will actually be displaying at the Los Angeles boat show! I owe them a bit of an apology from earlier today as I forgot to mention them in the LA Boatshow article, and I am sorry for that. I was on a bit of a deadline, and pretty much took a list that I had written and just called the manufacturers that were on the list. In short it wasn't intentional, and I will make sure to cover them thoroughly at the show to make up for it.

We have covered the past week or so, so now it's time to point towards the future a bit. I am exceptionally behind on articles, but am working hard to get caught up! I have been working diligently behind the scenes to try to get us some more busted knuckles, learn how to fix your own boat type articles. We actually have a back log of four or five of them now, so I'm going to try to maintain one day a week for "tech" and kind of build onto that into the future (or at least that's my hope). Coming up on the article front for boats, we have to finish up our Howard Sport Deck Article with a 700 (90mph), and then we move onto a full day in a 32' Schiada "Super Cruiser" powered by Boostpower 700's. We took the boat from the Nautical up to the Pirates Cove and experienced all the amenities this bad boy has to offer.

Since we are still talking about the future here, DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT BILLY B'S NEEDLES BOAT SHOW!! It's a great time for the entire family and there is some amazing hardware out there both on display and in the water!!

2014_hbcc_flyer_1.jpg

Finally it's time we started writing some more articles about our title sponsor Lucas Oil. They really do an exceptional amount not only for RDP, but for all of motorsports. I can't think of one company in America today that supports and sponsors more grassroots events to full blown race series then Lucas Oil. I'm going to try to put out some articles that better explain (in my own words) why I use the products, and what I feel their benefits are to guys like us.

embossedlogo210x180.png

Now it's time for my apology.. About five weeks back we dove head first into what I called our "winter content." We made it about a week into that deal and I just walked away from it. I'd love to say it was just me being lazy, or not cracking the whip hard enough, but unfortunately it wasn't. Ever since my old man passed (Jan 6th) I get into this kind of deep funk right around this time.. It's weird because I never relate it to that, but after two weeks of not wanting to get out of bed or do... well pretty much anything I'll kind of put it together that "Oh yeah, that happened right around this time of year." Then another week or so of sulking around like a dumbass, and one day I'll wake up and it's gone as fast as it came. I apologize for falling behind, but will be doing my best to get caught up in the coming weeks.

I hope you guys enjoy the articles! You're feed back beneath them in the comments section means more to us then you know.

RD