What's New - Well as you guys might have been noticing we have been putting quite a bit of focus into new Articles and Front page content as of late. We still have quite a few write ups to go on general overviews of boats and manufacturers that we have seen at various shows, or have even just recently taken out and testing. Our next write up will be on Interceptor boats at the LA Show, and briefly on their Deck they brought to Havasu, and that will be followed up with a on the water review of a Howard 28 Sport Deck with a 600, then followed up by a Schiada 32 "Super Cruiser" (Day on the water) with Boostpower Engines in it. I also had an opportunity to take out Howard's latest 28 Bullet with Scott and Lisa Daniels this weekend, so I'm going to try and squeeze that in ASAP. Should be noted that's not an actual "boat test" or anything, just checking out the latest and greatest from Howard with some on the Water footage.

Interceptor Deck - 28 "Kool Kat" http://www.icbboats.com/
IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg

Howard 28 Sport Deck with the Merc 600 (Photos by Naples Image)
DS13_1666RDP.jpg
DS13_1652RDP.jpg

32 Schiada "Super Cruiser" with BoostPower 700's in it.
IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1998.jpg

Latest Howard 28 Bullet owned by Scott and Lisa Daniels
IMG_0077.jpg
IMG_0084.jpg

This brings us to RDP as a whole and how we are doing as a website. Going into Summer 2014, we are registering 4-10 new members a day, and we are picking up new and repeat seasonal advertisers almost daily. Our growth numbers are way beyond what my projections were this winter, and with that I believe we are going to be able to do some very cool things this season. My main focus will be to start setting up "official" boat tests with manufacturers. I'd like to incorporate a method of standardization, and more importantly "honesty" that has never been seen before in the marine industry. How I'm going to pull that off, I'm not 100% sure yet, but I have been talking to Bob Brown and some others in the Industry that have experience in the field so we are working on it.

The Newsletter... Where's the *^&*'ing NEWSLETTER?? We haven't forgotten about it, we have just been experimenting with some different things. As with anything, if we are going to do something we try to do it different and better then everyone else. We have investigated the typical newsletter that you get from other websites, and we aren't against it. We are actually pretty much ready to pull the trigger on something like that, but then Tom (PinkTaco) stumbled onto something much cooler, and it pretty much pumped the brakes on everything I had going on. After seeing what he had there, I keep thinking the possibilities are endless on content and monetization of it, so we are currently looking at that, and will hopefully have something for the RDP'ers and the marine industry soon to review.

Looking for Writers / Editorial
- RDP is currently looking for additional writers! We are looking for all sorts of different content going into the season! RDP has never really paid for "content" before so I'm going to throw this out there and see how it pans out. If you are an Amateur boater that happens to be going to an event and want to do a write up on it, then we would sure appreciate seeing it! We would in fact be willing to give you a 100.00 credit towards RDP Apparel for a normal length write up and 20 pics. If you choose cash instead then we would like to proof it and negotiate the amount depending on the quality of work. (Normally around 50.00) If you are a professional and would like to cover an event and do a write up, and submit 50 pictures or more then the rate that RDP is willing to pay is 150 - 300.00 depending how bad we want the coverage and how much existing coverage we will already have. I.E. a local race that we will be at already would like be 150.00 Something like the Texas Outlaw Challenge (as an example) we would be willing to pay quite a bit more for it to have someone competent cover it. (This particular year we are actually flying Pink Taco out to the event to cover it, was just making an example)

That sums up event coverage and will bring me to other types of coverage we are looking for like Tech! If you know someone that has recently done a restoration, or an upgrade that you feel would be applicable to other people, then we would love to see it! From Gauge upgrades, to pump rebuilds, to beefing up or blue printing jets, X-dimension dial in on outdrives, you name it we WANT IT! Obviously the price paid depends on the relevance and quality of the article.

For additional information or to schedule in advance feel free to give me a call - 949-678-8369

This brings us to our newest Sponsors
and some extremely interesting news!

First I would like to Welcome Rob and Jason from Caliber 1 Custom boats! Rob and Jason purchased Caliber 1 awhile back and have been making some serious strides to become a recognized manufacturer in a big hurry! More on that later when we actually "review" the boats for the website.

www.caliber1customboats.com
caliber1.jpg

A long side of Caliber1 they are also advertising both of their businesses that are vehicle brokers/dealers dealing with mostly boats, but also Cars and motorcycles as well. They will both have sections in the brokers and dealers section on RDP

www.coastmotorgroup.com
www.clarkemotorsoc.com

This will bring us to Boat Bling! For the first time ever Patrick and Zach will be advertising BoatBling products on RDP! They are stepping up in a big way to regain market share in the performance boat world! Every Tuesday (which will come to be known as "HotSauce Tuesdays" on RDP) they will be putting up a different contest for the members to win a three pack (approximately 60.00) of their products absolutely FREE! I also believe that once a month they will be doing a larger contest where the members can win a 100.00 value of products!

www.boatbling.net
[video=youtube;MH4a3Hjn91A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH4a3Hjn91A[/video]

On June 1st we will mark a new advertiser in a new Industry that we haven't ever had before! Palomar Solar has come aboard RDP to showcase and discuss some of the benefits of Solar Power in residential and commercial applications! If you have ever wanted to see your electric meter run backwards, and not get a Bill then member "Basil Hayden" aka Andy Anderson is your guy! He's a great guy, and I have had the pleasure of knowing him for a awhile now, and would definitely encourage anybody to give him a call if even just to discuss options!

www.palomarsolar.com
(Top Banner in Development)

palomar-bottom.gif

This is going to bring me to probably the biggest news for RDP advertising. RDP has been selected by the Boating Education department of Arizona Game and Fish to help Educate Boaters! Now before your jaws hit the floor and you say "What The???" AZGF is entirely funded on boat registrations (Not Tickets). The idea behind this entire campaign is to EDUCATE BOATERS BEFORE THEY HIT THE WATER SO THEY ARE NOT HARASSED AND TICKETED ON THE WATER. (That I can definitely get behind) The two tasks set in front of me are to help increase boat registration numbers (The general feeling is the #'s have gone down from over enforcement), and to increase the number of people that are taking their online boating class. There is an absolute ton of upsides to this for the RDP members, namely being informed ahead of time about things that could possibly really ruin your whole day from various agencies. (I even learned about a few since talking to them and I keep pretty on top of this sort of stuff).

You guys will see interesting banners that are developed by my team and approved by them that will share interesting questions and answers that you may or may not have known about. We will also get some new releases of things that are coming into affect regarding our hobby, some of them will likely save your ass. We will also have a representative on RDP every other week to answer some questions and interact with the community. He will be here in an educational aspect and he is not the long arm of the law so please treat him with respect, and save the stories of how you got a ticket for someone else.

An Example of some of the banners you will be seeing.

(Bottom Banner under Development)
palomar-side.gif

topbanner1.gif

That about sums up this weeks Newsday Tuesday! I'm extremely happy with our growth, and am looking forward to what will surely be the most memorable summer in RDP History!