WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Our Parker Time Capsule,,,

Been some time since we used our Trailer at Emerald Cove.
It's 12 years old now and has a rubber roof.
At the 12 to 14 year old mark ya have to re-coat the rubber roof or it'll need replacing by the time it hits 16 years old.
Better to spend $200 now than junk the trailer or spend $3000 later.

So we headed out to pick it up and bring it home for a refurbishing and roof coating.

Stopping off in Palm Desert we had lunch and the girl brought us the wrong order.
No one else in the restaurant,, so we figured she just doesn't have her head in her job because it certainly wasn't somone elses order.
We ate it anyway.
I hate sending food back.
The chef might wipe his ass with your steak.
If you don't believe me,, watch the TV show Mystery Diners.

emeraldpic.jpg

So we roll into Emerald Cove RV storage, find our trailer, and I bust out the compressor.
Trailer tires rated for 80 psi are down to 30 PSI, so about 20 minutes to bring them all up and get enough charge on the batteries to raise the electric jack to hook up.
License plate registration sticker brought up to date,, ready to roll.

022013AEmeraldCove004_thumb1.jpg

Walking in the trailer after all these years was a step back into the kids childhoods.
Beach toys, buckets, shovels, the TV tuned to cartoon network and a 1/2 inch of sand on everything.
The crank-up vents still in place but look like spider webs with holes and and need replacing.

So I hook up, roll the trailer out and get a RV spot next to the pool, plug it in and let it cool down while I hit the pool bar.
$1 each 16 oz drafts special is still in effect.
Damn nice sitting there with a drink on the non-crowd days. It's worth the price of membership alone. Well,, that's stretching it.
It seems to be mostly pretty girls dripping from the golf carts and lounge chairs.

Three beautiful girls in Bikinis walk up and sit ON the bar across from us, with their backs to us watching their friends in the pool.
The bikini tops this year just cover the nipple and cut down under the breast.
Really nice.

An excellent sight,, and though RD doesn't like us posting voyeur pix,, I'd risk it,, and just as I was to snap a pic,, a snowbird complains to the bartender about the girls sitting ON the bar (not at but ON). (I'd did get their pic later BTW,, wink wink).

"Honestly,, you have a problem with that [the bikini girls sitting on the bar]?" the bartender asks the idiot.
""Yeah" replies the old buzzard.
"They're 21,, they can be here" the bartender fired back.

"Nope",,, the old ass hole insisted,, and the girls sat back in barstools.

"I'm not with this guy" I told the bartender and I moved.

"Their's guys that come in here and had they been present when the asshole complained about the girls,, would have knocked him on his ass" the bartender told me.
I could name several off the RDP board that probably would have.
Bildoe would have been right in the middle of it all.

Then, of course, like the guy at the bar that wants an obscure game on the TV, they change it for him, he leaves,,,,,, the complaining snowbird left.
The snowbirds do shit just out of pure meanness.

thumb4_emerald_cove_beach.jpg
About author
TPC
TPC
To Late to Die Young

Comments

I shoot the $hit with Kevin at the bar and he hates it when someone wants to watch NASCAR, Me too! I get the volleyball net out and get games going when no one is having any fun in the pool, seems to liven up when the game is on. I rather watch the music videos. At $3 for a pitcher of beer and watching the honey's the membership dues are well worth it.

Article information

Author
TPC
Views
Comments
Last update

More from TPC