WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gas Monkey Garage / Toys for Tots

72Hondo

Reaction score
We did a Car / Boat show this weekend at the Gas Monkey Garage Bar & Grill to support Toys for Tots. Alot of heavy hitters made it out; Spirt of Texas TFH, Hotlicks TFH, several Pro Mods, and Toby Keiths Nos. Funny car. There was alot of money out there this weekend. I think I counted five or six Lambos. The best part was they had to rent a Uhaul truck to haul all the toys away.

I took about 100 pictures which I still have to DL from the camera, heres a few;

Cobra.jpg

CobraII.jpg

Wildchild.jpg

Funny.jpg

Viper.jpg

Wagon.jpg

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
I watch the show Gas Monkey Garage.... Is the Bar & grill as cool at it looks. From what I see on the show, that place looks pretty badass!

Tank

Reaction score
Great pics! Looking forward to seeing more.

I really enjoy the show. I unfortunately think, with its increased popularity it will go the way of all other shows...Burn out. It seems when cool shows like this come out, they have a good formula but as time goes on, producers want to "keep it fresh" and change things up which enevitably fucks things up.

By the way, was the blondie sassy, short hair'd chick from the show there? There's something I like about her!

Last Mohican

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion on location Robert. I am glad you guys made it out. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more on Sunday. It was a little hectic for me to say the least. The grand total on toys collected was 772 & $205 in cash. Man what an event. Here are a few more pics. I am still looking for some good pics of HotLicks and of that 8 year restoration on that wooden Century with the Hemi. Huge thanks to all that helped organize and all that attended. To say you deserve a pat on the back is an understatement.

Last edited:

charlyox

Reaction score
Great pics of a great cause. THanks for sharing.:thumbup:

72Hondo

Reaction score
DSC_3546.jpg

DSC_3545.jpg

DSC_3543.jpg

DSC_3541.jpg

DSC_3496.jpg

DSC_3494.jpg

Attachments

• Copy of DSC_3480.jpg
    Copy of DSC_3480.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 119

72Hondo

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion on location Robert. I am glad you guys made it out. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more on Sunday. It was a little hectic for me to say the least. The grand total on toys collected was 772 & $205 in cash. Man what an event. Here are a few more pics. I am still looking for some good pics of HotLicks and of that 8 year restoration on that wooden Century with the Hemi. Huge thanks to all that helped organize and all that attended. To say you deserve a pat on the back is an understatement.

You deserve all the credit all I did was suggest the idea. It was a blast! I didn't talk to as many people from the THB as I liked to, I was taking in all the scenery. Plus half the people forgot who I was lol.

I'd do it again in a heart beat, it's all for the kids and that's all that matters.

Last Mohican

Reaction score
You deserve all the credit all I did was suggest the idea. It was a blast! I didn't talk to as many people from the THB as I liked to, I was taking in all the scenery. Plus half the people forgot who I was lol.

I'd do it again in a heart beat, it's all for the kids and that's all that matters.

Thanks Robert. Great pictures!!! I agree completely. It was a total blast. I would do it again without hesitation.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Awesome! This is one of the few reality shows I can stand to watch on TV. Great event for a great cause:thumbup:

rrrr

Reaction score
I see J. J. was there...and it looks like Billy has his Cole TR-4 running again. Nice pics.

DSC_3498.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

Was the cute blonde that sold him the rocks @ the restaurant there? Lol

78_Tahiti

Jet Boat Exerciser
Reaction score
Thanks Robert. Great pictures!!! I agree completely. It was a total blast. I would do it again without hesitation.

Spectacular Turnout Matt! Texas should be proud of all that attended! Way to Go!

Last Mohican

Reaction score
Forgot to come back and update this thread. We ended up collecting 772 toys and $205 in cash. Man what a great day that was. Best estimate was ~150 cars, 40 - 50 boats and ~200 motorcycles. By far the most exciting part for me was the amount of toys we collected. A very close second was sitting in the drivers seat of Kebin Kinsley's funny car when they fired it up.

Several more pics here:
http://s882.photobucket.com/user/OhOneWS6/library/Toys for Tots 2013/The Show