Just posted on CL for $65,000 :yikes I'll pass

http://mohave.craigslist.org/boa/4346568474.html

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
29' Schiada.... Never been rigged. For sale. $6500

py7ypube.jpg

sedehube.jpg

That boat was BEAT!!! They said it had never been wet... they mean the bottom was never wet, the top and inside have seen plenty of water. It has some dry rot inside too. Deck has seen A LOT of sun, and looks like something heavy might of fell on it, or it just got so dried out it cracked all to hell in big sheets. Trailer might be worth restoring though....

Hammer

Reaction score
this was probably my favorite boat from the show. so clean and simple. is it a howard?

I don't remember , pink taco took a bunch of pics of it, he talked to the owner quite a bit, he will know . It was just completed a few days before the show. I want to say its a 19' Schiada...

I can't seem to upload more pics from the new computer (took some shots with a camera) . Pissed me off so I gave up... :(

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
ya it does kinda look like a schiada. good meeting you buy the way

Maestro

Reaction score
Some pics I snapped....

Attachments

• _DSC0036.jpg
    _DSC0036.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 40
  • _DSC0043.jpg
    _DSC0043.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 42
  • _DSC0040.jpg
    _DSC0040.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 42

Maestro

Reaction score
more

Attachments

• _DSC0050.jpg
    _DSC0050.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 42
  • _DSC0053 2.jpg
    _DSC0053 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 35
  • _DSC0047.jpg
    _DSC0047.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 48
  • _DSC0063 2.jpg
    _DSC0063 2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 39
  • _DSC0145 2.jpg
    _DSC0145 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 42
  • _DSC0146.jpg
    _DSC0146.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 43
  • _DSC0170.jpg
    _DSC0170.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 34
  • _DSC0171 2.jpg
    _DSC0171 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 50
  • _DSC0313 2.jpg
    _DSC0313 2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 49
  • _DSC0306 2.jpg
    _DSC0306 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 45

old man on the lake

Reaction score
this was probably my favorite boat from the show. so clean and simple. is it a howard?

1976 Schiada 19
We finished it last Wednesday after three years of complete redo. 496 by Will Napier (proMod crew chief) paint by Jammie Jameson.
Glad you liked it.

Maestro

Reaction score
I have 1100 but this uploading is slow.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
On more serious note did anyone get the sellers contact info :D

Obviously the CL ad has it,, or I know people who know the seller and told them to drag it up to Needles for the exposure. I think a reasonable offer would take it.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Obviously the CL ad has it,, or I know people who know the seller and told them to drag it up to Needles for the exposure. I think a reasonable offer would take it.

When I initially inquired about seller's info, the CL ad hadn't been posted. I don't want a project that will take me several years and several years pay to finish ;)

MOUZER

Reaction score
I SAW ON PB THAT THE BIGGEST COMPLAINTS WAS PEOPLE NOT DROPPING THERE BOATS AND PARKING THERE TOW VEHICLE ELSEWHERE AND THE GUY WHO BROUGHT THE BIG A$$ OFFSHORE BOAT..........I AGREE WHAT WAS HE THINKING..........THIS WASNT THE MIAMI BOAT SHOW..........LOVE HIS BOAT BUT YOU KNOW..WOW I HEARD LOTS OF COMPLAINTS BEFORE I READ IT ON PB

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I SAW ON PB THAT THE BIGGEST COMPLAINTS WAS PEOPLE NOT DROPPING THERE BOATS AND PARKING THERE TOW VEHICLE ELSEWHERE AND THE GUY WHO BROUGHT THE BIG A$$ OFFSHORE BOAT..........I AGREE WHAT WAS HE THINKING..........THIS WASNT THE MIAMI BOAT SHOW..........LOVE HIS BOAT BUT YOU KNOW..WOW I HEARD LOTS OF COMPLAINTS BEFORE I READ IT ON PB

Don't quote me on it but I believe he was invited or asked to come.. Something "different" for the show.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Were there many boats with matching tow rigs? I would think those are the only ones that should be allowed to stay hooked up. I love the look of a bad ass boat with matching painted dually.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Were there many boats with matching tow rigs? I would those are the only ones that should be allowed to stay hooked up. I love the look of a bad ass boat with matching painted dually.

Only two or three in the six years of the show that I can recall. This year, a 19' Schiada behind a dropped crew cab, last year, an Econoline pickup with a paint matched old P-14 with a whacker and a couple of years ago, a '62 (or so) Bonneville towing a period correct flatty.

Hammer

Reaction score
Were there many boats with matching tow rigs? I would those are the only ones that should be allowed to stay hooked up. I love the look of a bad ass boat with matching painted dually.

No. Billy has a valid point. Too many trucks hooked up to show boats. One of the biggest reasons I didn't take many pictures. Almost every shot I took or tried to take had a tow rig in it....

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I completely agree with what Billy wants, it'd look way better. I'm hoping to go to this show next year.:thumbsup

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I completely agree with what Billy wants, it'd look way better. I'm hoping to go to this show next year.:thumbsup

I'm not too sure that you'd fit in with this crowd...

You must love old iron that shines and runs fast...you must love a cocktail or sixteen...you must love the river...you must love helping others enjoy the sport...you must love 80* in February...you must love hanging with others that share the love of shiney old iron...you must love flatbottoms and everything that they stand for...you must love all things boating...

If you can answer yes to all of the above...come find me next February in Needles and I'll provide one of those sixteen cocktails...

:D

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Make it a crown and coke:D:thumbsup

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I'm not too sure that you'd fit in with this crowd...

You must love old iron that shines and runs fast...you must love a cocktail or sixteen...you must love the river...you must love helping others enjoy the sport...you must love 80* in February...you must love hanging with others that share the love of shiney old iron...you must love flatbottoms and everything that they stand for...you must love all things boating...

If you can answer yes to all of the above...come find me next February in Needles and I'll provide one of those sixteen cocktails...

:D

All good except you don't have to love cocktails... just sayin. :)

Hammer

Reaction score
I was going thru some pics and I came across this one i took with the hot rod camera...... IMG_4419.jpg IMG_0476.jpg IMG_0477.jpg IMG_0478.jpg IMG_0479.jpg IMG_0480.jpg

still need to figure out how to use it though :p

N2Racing

Banned
Reaction score
I heard it was a total waste of time, energy, money, and resources. Few people who live in Havasu can actually afford a new boat. Too bad they moved the dates. Big mistake.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I heard it was a total waste of time, energy, money, and resources. Few people who live in Havasu can actually afford a new boat. Too bad they moved the dates. Big mistake.

Not sure anybody was selling new boats, and the event wasn't in Havasu. As usual you have proved yourself to be a dipshit though so that counts for something. :)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Excellent. Got here just in time:thumbsup

If you want to read what it's like to be a truly fucked up person, just unbelievably unhappy with life.. click n2racing's name and select "find more posts." Picture becomes pretty clear pretty quick. I'm not sure why I don't ban her / him / it.. Entertainment value I guess.

RD

Hammer

Reaction score

Not sure anybody was selling new boats, and the event wasn't in Havasu. As usual you have proved yourself to be a dipshit though so that counts for something. :)

RD

I just figured he was posting in the wrong thread ! Lol

I really need to figure out how to use this camera, the clarity in the pics is unbelievable ! I doubt I'll ever have the talent Pink Taco does, but the pics sure look clear and sharp on the computer monitor... :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just figured he was posting in the wrong thread ! Lol

I really need to figure out how to use this camera, the clarity in the pics is unbelievable ! I doubt I'll ever have the talent Pink Taco does, but the pics sure look clear and sharp on the computer monitor... :)

Just bring it down to Desert Storm and get together with OC Photographics and Stryder photo. I'm sure they could teach you the basics in no time flat.. The rest is up to you.

RD

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

I have taught, and am currently teaching some RDP members,, with nice results. A lot of it I am able to share to them online. Obviously the automatic settings do a pretty good job of making images in many situations, but it's nice to have creative control and understand how to use shutter speeds, apertures and ISO settings to your advantage by either using some of the cameras various settings, or graduating to where you can shoot full "manual" when you want to.

Hammer

Reaction score
Just bring it down to Desert Storm and get together with OC Photographics and Stryder photo. I'm sure they could teach you the basics in no time flat.. The rest is up to you.

RD

I have taught, and am currently teaching some RDP members,, with nice results. A lot of it I am able to share to them online. Obviously the automatic settings do a pretty good job of making images in many situations, but it's nice to have creative control and understand how to use shutter speeds, apertures and ISO settings to your advantage by either using some of the cameras various settings, or graduating to where you can shoot full "manual" when you want to.

That is the plan Dave. Hopefully one of those guys can give me a quick tutorial to understand the basics.

I know we chatted about the camera settings before Barry. I need someone to physically walk me through basics with the camera and settings. I tried reading the manual, but it is overwhelming and I can't comprehend what they are saying.

For example, I took a few awesome pictures but I don't know what I did with the settings or what settings created the effects that I liked, therefor I'm not able repeat the process....