WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BBSP Big Block Spanking Party 2014 "The Reunion"

Havasu Secret

Speed Alley 100MPH Club
Reaction score
Get your Butt to BBSP !!!

BIG BLOCK SPANKING PARTY 2014 "The Reunion" !!!

I love this photo !!!
bb-deepfreeze.jpg

BBSP 2014 April 11, 12, 13th Lake Havasu!!!
55Race3-med.jpg

post-17-1075332728.jpeg
55BBSPaction-med.jpg

People ask all the time... What is (BBSP) Big Block Spanking Party all about. In a nutshell it's Bragging Rights Baby. Who's the fastest and meeting face to face other high performance boaters we may only get to talk to on internet forums like riverdavesplace.com screamandfly.com and performanceboats.com. Unfortunately in the past, no one has ever had a video camera at the event so we do not have a BBSP video to show. However I am sure that will change this year as I got a GoPro Hero 3+ Black for Christmas. I also know Keith Lockliear and Havasu Timmy also have Gropro's so maybe 2014 we will have 1080p video of the races and good times. Other areas of the country have their own BBSP type events. In Florida, they have the High Performance Shoot Out, in Northern California our NorCal buddies have Hooky Day. Our beloved Lake Havasu is the home of BBSP. Where outboard powered boats aka clamp on's, weed wackers or whatever you want to call them, challenge Big Block car motor powered boats. We all want to see who can go the fastest in a quarter mile. Only two rules... Lifeline safety vests must be worn and all boats must make the 5 to 10 mile drive to the designated race spot under their own power. No towing of 1/4 mile drag boats to the race spot. BBSP is an obsession coupled with a sickness for the high performance boat enthusiast.

EVERYONE POST UP so that we can see who's gonna show. I really hope to see you all again.

Nor Cal group we sure hope you can make it (Norcal, Boatmaster, Tunnel T)

Jerry and Caroll aka Billet Racing. Hope to see you this year.

Speed Alley Racer, Danny and Rude Tim, I hope you guys make it.

Both Kevin's... Kevin Kraft aka Stoker2001 and Kevin Taylor aka Propman... sure hope you guys make it too.
KevinKraftStoker2001.jpg
100_0099.jpg

Carey aka Slowinhavasu

Tim aka Havasu Carrera hope you are there too.
314.jpg
010xx2.jpg

V-Drive Video guys... time to get that rematch on tape!!!

STV Keith, Riotact, AJ the Party Man !!! I hope to see you there also.
P6100181.jpg

HAVASU BARNEY is gonna show this year.
Without the Barneycraft but will definately make the event a lot of fun.
Watch out for your women and Heinkens.

355.jpg

WICKY IS ON HIS WAY TO HAVASU!!! all the way from I-da-Ho with some Fresh SUSHI !!!
Wicky2.jpg

Uncle Tony... Stop working for two days and reclaim your title !!! Looking forward to your early arrival and water time. I cleaned out the frig for the Nitrous storage.

EVERYONE POST UP so that we can see who's gonna show.

Wicky aka "Sushi on the Spot"... originally from Claremont California, now resides in Idaho AND DRIVES ALL THE WAY TO LAKE HAVASU for this event is our resident sushi chef. Wicky drives a mean Allisson boat as fast as he can all... day... long... and gets some serious air. Most of the time only his prop is in the water.

Uncle Tony has been the BIG DAWG in his nitrous injected outboard needs to reclaim his title from STV Keith.

The only two rules at BBSP is that your boat must be launched at Windsor Beach Launch Ramp or Havasu Marina and make it all the way to our designated racing spot at Park Moabi under it's own power. No towing of 1/4 mile drag race boats... unless it's just for show. The boat should make the 10 mile trip to our designated racing spot at Park Moabi without a tow. If you wish to avoid some watertime and/or maybe you are a big block trailer queen wanting to be close to your trailer for repairs, you can launch at Topock Marina. The second rule is a Lifeline vest or other safety vest be worn when making a high speed pass.

Opening day Friday April 11, We meet at Nautical Beach at the Nautical Inn and drive up together as a group to Pirates Cove at Park Moabi. This is like any other arrival day. We meet out there, see who shows up, try some speed runs and adjust any new toys that were installed during the winter. This a always the best water day.

Saturday April 12, We meet once again... early morning hopefully to get a good parking spot on the sand beach at Priates Cove at Maobi. We spend the day racing and having fun. Eat lunch at the Naked Pirate Bar. The first place trophy aka "Rubber Chicken" for fastest boat will be awarded at the Sushi dinner party.
bbspchicken.jpg

Sunday April 13, Some make it back out this day if they are not to hung over from the night before for one last day on the lake. This is usually a travel day for most of us.

BBSP is going viral on Facebook too with over 200 boats invited. Check it out...https://www.facebook.com/events/230...4766/?comment_id=233759210142263&notif_t=like

Attachments

• 55wheeliemirage-med.jpg
    55wheeliemirage-med.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 116

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
My money is on KK for a Top 5 Finish.:thumbup::D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will be there with several cameras with me. :).

Hammer

Reaction score
I was waiting for this to show up here ! :D

I wonder who here is going to show up with a BBC ?

Reaction score
Looks like the same weekend as the water ski race.

Boatmaster

Reaction score
Very happy to see that The BBSP is making a comeback!!!! At the same time I am sorry to say I can't make it this year. Tony (Tunnel T) and I are going down two weeks later for DS. Take lots of video and pics please. I will put it in the books for 2015 for sure!!!

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Looks like the same weekend as the water ski race.

Someone had posted on the Facebook event that the ski races had been cancelled. Anyone know for sure?

boat527

Reaction score
Someone had posted on the Facebook event that the ski races had been cancelled. Anyone know for sure?

This is the post:

The previously scheduled event scheduled for Lake Havasu in February has been cancelled due to permit issues. The first event of the season will be at Parker on March 8 & 9. This and more news at www.nwsra.net

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
There was a February race scheduled in Havasu that was cancelled. The April race is still on.

Havasu Secret

Speed Alley 100MPH Club
Reaction score
With a little over a week to go until BBSP... It's time for a roll call. Ok who's gonna show and who's not... Post up and say yah or nay... I will post a BBSP agenda tomorrow... :yikes :D :eek

guest hs

Reaction score
Get your Butt to BBSP !!!

BIG BLOCK SPANKING PARTY 2014 "The Reunion" !!!

I love this photo !!!
bb-deepfreeze.jpg

BBSP 2014 April 11, 12, 13th Lake Havasu!!!
55Race3-med.jpg

View attachment 317709
View attachment 317715

People ask all the time... What is (BBSP) Big Block Spanking Party all about. In a nutshell it's Bragging Rights Baby. Who's the fastest and meeting face to face other high performance boaters we may only get to talk to on internet forums like riverdavesplace.com screamandfly.com and performanceboats.com. Unfortunately in the past, no one has ever had a video camera at the event so we do not have a BBSP video to show. However I am sure that will change this year as I got a GoPro Hero 3+ Black for Christmas. I also know Keith Lockliear and Havasu Timmy also have Gropro's so maybe 2014 we will have 1080p video of the races and good times. Other areas of the country have their own BBSP type events. In Florida, they have the High Performance Shoot Out, in Northern California our NorCal buddies have Hooky Day. Our beloved Lake Havasu is the home of BBSP. Where outboard powered boats aka clamp on's, weed wackers or whatever you want to call them, challenge Big Block car motor powered boats. We all want to see who can go the fastest in a quarter mile. Only two rules... Lifeline safety vests must be worn and all boats must make the 5 to 10 mile drive to the designated race spot under their own power. No towing of 1/4 mile drag boats to the race spot. BBSP is an obsession coupled with a sickness for the high performance boat enthusiast.

EVERYONE POST UP so that we can see who's gonna show. I really hope to see you all again.

Nor Cal group we sure hope you can make it (Norcal, Boatmaster, Tunnel T)

Jerry and Caroll aka Billet Racing. Hope to see you this year.

Speed Alley Racer, Danny and Rude Tim, I hope you guys make it.

Both Kevin's... Kevin Kraft aka Stoker2001 and Kevin Taylor aka Propman... sure hope you guys make it too.
View attachment 317747
View attachment 317748

Carey aka Slowinhavasu

Tim aka Havasu Carrera hope you are there too.
View attachment 317740
View attachment 317741

V-Drive Video guys... time to get that rematch on tape!!!

STV Keith, Riotact, AJ the Party Man !!! I hope to see you there also.
View attachment 317749

HAVASU BARNEY is gonna show this year.
Without the Barneycraft but will definately make the event a lot of fun.
Watch out for your women and Heinkens.

355.jpg

WICKY IS ON HIS WAY TO HAVASU!!! all the way from I-da-Ho with some Fresh SUSHI !!!
Wicky2.jpg

Uncle Tony... Stop working for two days and reclaim your title !!! Looking forward to your early arrival and water time. I cleaned out the frig for the Nitrous storage.

EVERYONE POST UP so that we can see who's gonna show.

Wicky aka "Sushi on the Spot"... originally from Claremont California, now resides in Idaho AND DRIVES ALL THE WAY TO LAKE HAVASU for this event is our resident sushi chef. Wicky drives a mean Allisson boat as fast as he can all... day... long... and gets some serious air. Most of the time only his prop is in the water.

Uncle Tony has been the BIG DAWG in his nitrous injected outboard needs to reclaim his title from STV Keith.

The only two rules at BBSP is that your boat must be launched at Windsor Beach Launch Ramp or Havasu Marina and make it all the way to our designated racing spot at Park Moabi under it's own power. No towing of 1/4 mile drag race boats... unless it's just for show. The boat should make the 10 mile trip to our designated racing spot at Park Moabi without a tow. If you wish to avoid some watertime and/or maybe you are a big block trailer queen wanting to be close to your trailer for repairs, you can launch at Topock Marina. The second rule is a Lifeline vest or other safety vest be worn when making a high speed pass.

Opening day Friday April 11, We meet at Nautical Beach at the Nautical Inn and drive up together as a group to Pirates Cove at Park Moabi. This is like any other arrival day. We meet out there, see who shows up, try some speed runs and adjust any new toys that were installed during the winter. This a always the best water day.

Saturday April 12, We meet once again... early morning hopefully to get a good parking spot on the sand beach at Priates Cove at Maobi. We spend the day racing and having fun. Eat lunch at the Naked Pirate Bar. The first place trophy aka "Rubber Chicken" for fastest boat will be awarded at the Sushi dinner party.
View attachment 317707

Sunday April 13, Some make it back out this day if they are not to hung over from the night before for one last day on the lake. This is usually a travel day for most of us.

BBSP is going viral on Facebook too with over 200 boats invited. Check it out...https://www.facebook.com/events/230...4766/?comment_id=233759210142263&notif_t=like

What a joke! you have to launch at Windsor beach ramp and drive the boat up to Park Moabi. That just eliminated any really fast VDrives

STV_Keith

Reaction score
What a joke! you have to launch at Windsor beach ramp and drive the boat up to Park Moabi. That just eliminated any really fast VDrives

Launch wherever you want...there's no sanctioning body on this. It's about having a good time.

Of course, if you're incapable of having a good time and just want to bitch and whine about everything, go ahead and stay home. :skull

Bring that 28' Party Cat in your signature...I'll run you from a dig with the Scarab. :p

guest hs

Reaction score
Im not complaing. You guys are calling out Big Blocks but its under your rules. Let the big blocks launch where ever they want. That's like calling out Mike Tyson for a fight and telling him he can only punch with his left arm. remember your calling out the Iron not the other way around

Havasu Secret

Speed Alley 100MPH Club
Reaction score
BBSP 2014 "The Reunion". Ok sorry I'm a bit late in posting the proposed agenda...

Friday April 11th... Launch @ Windsor or Havasu Marina. We meet up at the Nautical Beach (Nautical Inn). This is usually a test day for testing the toys/upgrades we have installed on the boats during the winter, but many still run hard what they brung for fun.

8:30am approx. Meet & greet on the beach.

9:00am approx. Leave as a group and travel up river. Maybe a quick pit stop at the Sand Bar to re-group and make sure everyone is ok.

9:30am approx. Arrive at Pirates Cove Park Moabi.

10:00am approx. Scope out nearby Race Spot, set up pits, unload gas cans, unload ice chests and let the racing begin.

Race, tell tall stories and have fun.

12:00am approx. Have lunch at the Naked Pirate Bar/Restaurant.

After lunch, more racing and more tall stories.

2:30pm approx. Head back down river as a group to the Sand Bar.

End of race day #1.

8:00pm approx. Have dinner and 32 degree beers at Chilie's in Havasu.

Saturday April 12th... Is an exact redo of Friday with the exception of the Wicky Wicky Sushi Party. Wicky will be making his awesome sushi for us. He's bringing fresh Yellow Tail and Yellow Fin tuna. I will be bringing Ribeye Steaks for the carnivores in the crowd. The location of the party is pending at this time and will be announced on Saturday at lunch.

Sunday April 13th... Is a clean up and travel day. Some make it out on the water but stay in Havasu either in the Channel or at the Sandbar.

A few pics for fun...

100_0081.jpg 100_0079.jpg 100_0089.jpg 010xx2.jpg

Fast ride with Moneyfornoyhin (Bryan) up river on the way to the Sand Bar and onto Pirates Cove. This is how we roll as a group. Hey Bryan... Next time wear a Lifeline Safety Vest please...

[video=youtube;KgG8cOb7VrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgG8cOb7VrQ#t=53[/video]

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Im not complaing. You guys are calling out Big Blocks but its under your rules. Let the big blocks launch where ever they want.

Lemme bold what I posted in the post before yours:

Launch wherever you want...there's no sanctioning body on this. It's about having a good time.

Bring that 28' Party Cat in your signature...I'll run you from a dig with the Scarab. :p

guest hs

Reaction score
The only two rules at BBSP is that your boat must be launched at Windsor Beach Launch Ramp or Havasu Marina and make it all the way to our designated racing spot at Park Moabi under it's own power. No towing of 1/4 mile drag race boats... unless it's just for show. Just reading the rules. So this doesn't matter then???????

STV_Keith

Reaction score
The only two rules at BBSP is that your boat must be launched at Windsor Beach Launch Ramp or Havasu Marina and make it all the way to our designated racing spot at Park Moabi under it's own power. No towing of 1/4 mile drag race boats... unless it's just for show. Just reading the rules. So this doesn't matter then???????

You think someone is gonna be standing around enforcing something? :champagne:

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:

guest hs

Reaction score
No I don't but when that boat beats you guys that will be the one boat that someone will say "well that boat didn't launch at Windsor he didn't follow the rules"

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Looks like it's missing some fire service equipment there on the back. ;)

STV_Keith

Reaction score
No I don't but when that boat beats you guys that will be the one boat that someone will say "well that boat didn't launch at Windsor he didn't follow the rules"

You want that little yellow chicken that bad? I believe Mark said he got it from Amazon.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Did this ever go down? How many showed up? Who was on top??? I kept waiting for pix - vids - results - something.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Yup, it went down. Here's a few pics I shot:

10264803_10152336142896061_2174672167970998655_n.jpg 1380396_10152336142996061_8274935002317345334_n.jpg 1896807_10152336142366061_7496258971453143054_n.jpg 1921986_10152336142406061_3389592610441641244_n.jpg 10255800_10152336142311061_2495969305691881213_n.jpg

STV_Keith

Reaction score
A few more...

1622031_10152336141736061_3648555773910746716_n.jpg 1970687_10152336143326061_6715161806800073484_n.jpg

3 wide...

Kevin giving my GF a 115mph ride in his STV

Last edited by a moderator:

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
THANKS KEITH!!:D:D:D I'm Jonesin' big time now. Hope to make it out next time. It was the same weekend as Long Beach GP this year. I've been working that race with SCCA for about 12 years so couldn't go. Maybe next year if it happens again.