WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mounting new bindings

Cartozian

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new and never posted but I've found a lot of info here, including some good info on cutting down skis to match a vert air. My girlfriends family has a Vert Air and after searching for a LONG time for one, I ended up finding this old HO Mag that a lady bought her husband a while back and he couldn't get up on it so it went into the garage for years. Here it is after i got it:

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

When I saw how good of condition it was in, I had to get it and I thought it would be a great donor ski to chop into a vert air. I've been talked into riding the ski before I chop it and I put some new bindings on it over the weekend. I'm thinking that I need it drill out the old inserts and fill all the holes with epoxy, is this correct? and what epoxy should I use? Thanks

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I believe HO bindings will still bolt up to the same insert holes. Wife got me a set of "Talon" bindings for Christmas, and they used the same holes as my old HO 96's.

boat527

Reaction score
I believe HO bindings will still bolt up to the same insert holes. Wife got me a set of "Talon" bindings for Christmas, and they used the same holes as my old HO 96's.

that wont work if he's cutting it down:

This is a Connelly Eclipse that I finished last year, both bindings moved 3 inches forward or so....

-UzyfoTA1KiuYGdlSN7EXSXGlrAuzWQiGMaDyEzlfSC_=w407-h229-p-no
krGR6cf8_E-_KpV5HEPiayZGE5lhkQ2poI7NJivoUUtJ=w366-h207-p-no

This stuff works pretty good:

epxy_mrn_s.png

Cartozian

Reaction score

Haha dang, I wish i would of known that. I went down to the ski swap meet at greenhouse marine and they gave me a deal on some radar vectors, so I had to drill out new holes and put in the new inserts which should have been simple but it was kind of a pain.

Cartozian

Reaction score
that wont work if he's cutting it down:

This is a Connelly Eclipse that I finished last year, both bindings moved 3 inches forward or so....

-UzyfoTA1KiuYGdlSN7EXSXGlrAuzWQiGMaDyEzlfSC_=w407-h229-p-no
krGR6cf8_E-_KpV5HEPiayZGE5lhkQ2poI7NJivoUUtJ=w366-h207-p-no

This stuff works pretty good:

epxy_mrn_s.png

Thanks boat527! That ski looks good! What did you use to get a square cut on the back of the ski? and the slit for the fin?

reelnauti

Reaction score
did exactly the same, rode my mag as it is and now cant bring myself to cut it

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
I have a post on here where to cut it down and where to measure the tail to the back of the binding. I filled all the HO holes with resin since the hole pattern didn't line up. Just place your bindings where they belong, drill small holes for guides, and set the bindings with machine screws and lock tight. Its what i did and i have had zero problems with the past 2 years since i cut down my tnt to match a vert.

Not sure how to search maybe someone can find my original post.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I have a post on here where to cut it down and where to measure the tail to the back of the binding. I filled all the HO holes with resin since the hole pattern didn't line up. Just place your bindings where they belong, drill small holes for guides, and set the bindings with machine screws and lock tight. Its what i did and i have had zero problems with the past 2 years since i cut down my tnt to match a vert.

Not sure how to search maybe someone can find my original post.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?77979-Home-Made-Vert-Air