WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Went to the Dr. today and need your thoughts.

TBulger

Reaction score
I'm 74 years old and am starting to limp. Went to the doctor today and he suggested, less strenuous work, better eating habits, much more rest and lean against something when standing idle. My thoughts are, maybe the time for me to become a fireman. I am an engineer, have a lifted truck already, think I may be a shoo in to drive the big red truck and pull the string that rings the bell. Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated. :thumbsup

rampgirlll

Reaction score
I'm 74 years old and am starting to limp. Went to the doctor today and he suggested, less strenuous work, better eating habits, much more rest and lean against something when standing idle. My thoughts are, maybe the time for me to become a fireman. I am an engineer, have a lifted truck already, think I may be a shoo in to drive the big red truck and pull the string that rings the bell. Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated. :thumbsup

Just read an article yesterday that indicated sleep was tied to so many various things. Your body needs 8 hours sleep every night, as you age you need a little more. I am not a doc but I know when I don't sleep well or enough, it makes my muscles sore and I get cranky too. Hope this helps.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
[video=youtube;WzEhoyXpqzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzEhoyXpqzQ[/video]

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
You can leave your boat to me if it becomes too hard to get in and out of this Summer.. :D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

This sounds more like cal Trans then fireman. 😎

TBulger

Reaction score
It sounds like you need a penis reduction but first check to see if you have rocks in one of your shoes.

Whew, thought for a minute there, you were referring to an ego reduction. Penis, not so much. ;)

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I'll trade you ..............your boat for a job driving a fire truck

TBulger

Reaction score
I'll trade you ..............your boat for a job driving a fire truck

I'd do anything for you gramps. The boat's in for modifications, would love to let you give her a whirl though.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Tom,

You need a new Doctor......see if you can find a boat owning, cigarette smoking drunkard and make an appointment for both of us.....

:D

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Walmart greeter with a rascal and a ouga ouga horn.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
My wife won't talk, look, think, touch or anything else related to that thing. Only the last 49 years though. :champagne:

An Old man is taking a walk and finds a lamp. He picks up the lamp and rubs it. A genie pops out. The genie says "Thank you for releasing me from the bondage of the lamp. I grant you one wish.", The man pulls out a map says, "You see this area? This is called the Middle East. There's been nothing but war and bloodshed here for thousands of years. I want you to bring peace to these people."

The genie replied, "Even with all of my power I cannot solve the problems of the Middle East. Make another wish."

The man says, "I've been married to my wife for 40 years and in all of that time, she has never given me a blowjob. I would like you to get her to do that for me."

The genie replied, "Let's have another look at that map."

nowski

Reaction score
My wife won't talk, look, think, touch or anything else related to that thing. Only the last 49 years though. :champagne:
I hear the Clippers may have some Gold Diggers on staff that can help you with all your limps and aches...

milkmoney

Reaction score
Just read an article yesterday that indicated sleep was tied to so many various things. Your body needs 8 hours sleep every night, as you age you need a little more. I am not a doc but I know when I don't sleep well or enough, it makes my muscles sore and I get cranky too. Hope this helps.

Sorry rampa girl. I have to disagree, I am lucky if I sleep 6 hours total a night. :)

And for Tom. Come hang out with me. I live a good life. Although I think ur doing pretty good urself. :)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Sleep 8 hours a night? People actually get to do that? Lol

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I gotta say, I think you are 100% overqualified for an engineer's position. Most of those window lickers can barely find their way out of the App bay.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I just read the other day, (don't know if it's true or not:rolleyes) The people living the longest are about 10 pounds overweight, drink 2 or more cups of coffee a day, do lots of walking, and only sleep about 5 - 6 hrs. a night. :thumbsup I'm pretty close to perfect...:D

FrznJim

Reaction score

What kind of constructive thoughts do you want? Atta boys for making it to 74, which is great BTW? Or do you want thoughts about exercise, diet, etc? I'm only 61, but i don't lean against something when standing idle yet.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I didn't say, it went limp, I'm starting to limp. But to answer your question, I have tried it in the past and was getting those 4hr stiffeners.

4 hours? forget all that, the 5 minutes and I'm good :D