WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Craigslist Score = BBF for the Spectra

sergeantmike

Reaction score
feather you.jpg Original motor for my Spectra 18 blew last year and have been working on doing a stroker motor as a replacement.

Found a period correct, legit 429 Ford on CL that will work till the Beast gets finished. New bottom end, rollers on top, Moroso bling all at a very fair price..... even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes.

sergeantmike

Reaction score
I will post up a series of photos on the install Tom... like we talked about on the phone; upgrades on steering, mounts, etc. in addition to this install. Have not done this for a bit, so it will be a good project for RDP. Talk to you soon... JB STFU.jpg

NICE ! More pics please !

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Remembered to take some pix after I got the front end buttoned up..... working on the bottom end now and ready to flip her over once the pan is on.... sorry about the picture quality ~ my son is off at college and he would normally do this since he knows what he's doin'

Original motor builder was a guy named Rich... sadly he passed away here in Havasu :( awhile back and I purchased the motor from his wife Karen.... really nice gal who knows her way around a motor and a shop.:thumbup:

C9VE block + .030, D0VE-A heads rubbed out to D0OE-R specs (saved me mucho time and math) and I can use my SCJ intake that came off the old motor. Only bad thing is that I did not do the Paul Kane oil mods on this block because it was already together.... if you are a BBF person and don't know about Paul's BBF block tricks, check this out:

http://www.highflowdynamics.com/

Getting excited about the install and the first start up!@

IMAG0276.JPG IMAG0277.JPG IMAG0278.JPG IMAG0279.JPG IMAG0280.JPG IMAG0281.JPG IMAG0282.JPG

Quicksilver

Reaction score
I own a Spectra 18 with a BBF so I am interested in seeing some pics of your project.