WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Found boat

welldigger00

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is a stolen boat. All stripped out, and covered in diesel fuel. It's on the south east corner of Sierra and the 15 FWY in Fontana. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421093209.060965.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421093224.008820.jpg

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Did you get the HIN? I'd report it to 5-0 and let them look into it.

tkrrox

Reaction score
At least they didn't take a sawzall to it.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looked like a nice enough boat. Probably an owner stripped abandon kind of thing.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looks like there are some good parts still on it. Maybe the owner wants it found, buys it back from insurance company and puts his stuff back into it. IMO

welldigger00

Reaction score
Looked like a nice enough boat. Probably an owner stripped abandon kind of thing.

Who knows. It had Imco tanks in it, and looks like a hurried up job, bolts and washers,etc laying around. The trippy thing was it was covered in fuel, then wiped down, from nose to tail.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Who knows. It had Imco tanks in it, and looks like a hurried up job, bolts and washers,etc laying around. The trippy thing was it was covered in fuel, then wiped down, from nose to tail.

They were probably thinking of setting it on fire and had second thoughts. That would be my only explanation as to why it would be covered in diesel fuel.

SuperJet

Reaction score
The fuel was more than likely to wipe prints. Not to burn it. Sketchy deal all around. My first thought, being that it's a rather nice boat and nothing was visibly destroyed. It has to be an inside job..... Like I said sketchy

SCBLLC

Reaction score
Same bottom as the Cole 20' Super Sport, nice hull.

Croz

Reaction score
If they wanted to burn it they wouldn't have used diesel. Finger print removal for sure.. Nuts and bolts lying around on a clean strip job with out a sawzall job seems staged to me.. Nice boat hopefully someone can get it back together and back in the water

Dettom

Reaction score
They were probably thinking of setting it on fire and had second thoughts. That would be my only explanation as to why it would be covered in diesel fuel.

Thieves will wipe it down with WD 40 or diesel fuel so the cops can't get prints. Chop shops do it with cars all the time.

Shady

Reaction score
Same bottom as the Cole 20' Super Sport, nice hull.

I was thinking it looks like a closed bow 22' Skier? Good looking hull, could be an interesting story.

SCBLLC

Reaction score
I was thinking it looks like a closed bow 22' Skier? Good looking hull, could be an interesting story.

Yea, it's a closed bow. But, I owned molds exactly like the Cole 20SS, and that's a 20 SS bottom, for sure.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
If they wanted to burn it they wouldn't have used diesel. Finger print removal for sure.. Nuts and bolts lying around on a clean strip job with out a sawzall job seems staged to me.. Nice boat hopefully someone can get it back together and back in the water

A higher class of thieves perhaps than lowlife tweakers? the guys at least appreciate a nice boat and not destroying it to get what theywant leaves the hull to be used again......This allows them to steal it again down the road.:skull

But don't get me wrong, all thieves need to have their hands removed or shot dead, which ever is most convenient. Somebody lost their boat to a-holes is the bottom line.:(

rrrr

Reaction score
I bought a 26' Sleekcraft Executive new in 1980. It was stolen a month later, the cops found it in a secluded area minus the engine. The thieves had poured gas all over the front of it and set it on fire. Fortunately the fire went out pretty quickly, and I was able to get the damage repaired.

I had called my insurance agent and put a binder on it, hadn't even paid the first premium before it was stolen. The boat cost $16K new, a got a check for $9,500 for the damages and fixed everything myself except the fire damage. Paid a shop to fix that.

If the fiberglass had caught fire it would have been a done deal...

njbaanouserguy

Reaction score
Did anybody ever claim it? I reported it the first morning i saw it as i went to work? Live in Los Colinas so i saw it and knew it was abandoned. It was in good shape. Sucks for who ever lost it?

Shady

Reaction score
429CE0E1-1EE6-4411-B7CD-6C67DCEC6DC0.png

Reviving a dead thread, saw the ad on Craigslist and it looked familiar. Be interesting to know the story.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Hiding prints, diesel won't burn with a match.

73mandella

Reaction score

Actually, spraying it with an oil or diesel fuel eliminates any possibility of obtaining latent prints. It's done quite often on cars.

Last edited:

Slats

Reaction score
it was a closed bow till after it was stolen. Then they cut it into a open bow??

sintax

Reaction score
hah crazy how things come full circle!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Wait a minute, let me make sure i fallow this correctly. 2 boats, same gel, same name but one stripped closed bow and one rigged open bow for sale?

I saw the open bow being pulled back from the river memorial day full rigged behind a black f150 (pretty sure that was the truck).

But the open bow was accounted for and the closed was a strip and dump case?

Aaaaaa, ok then.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jesco

Reaction score
Wait a minute, let me make sure i fallow this correctly. 2 boats, same gel, same name but one stripped closed bow and one rigged open bow for sale?

I saw the open bow being pulled back from the river memorial day full rigged behind a black f150 (pretty sure that was the truck).

But the open bow was accounted for and the closed was a strip and dump case?

Aaaaaa, ok then.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Same boat, the 1st post is from 2015, I think they were just bumping to show it came back to life