WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
How's traffic and everything with the Open and Super Bowl Week going on at same time?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I heard there were a lot of fights.:rolleyes

DickieB

Reaction score
How's traffic and everything with the Open and Super Bowl Week going on at same time?
My office is close to the stadium, traffic is f**king horrible! Seems like there must be an extra
Million people in town! Think I'll head to Parker for the weekend!

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
A million extra people might be a good guess with all you guys have going on plus the near perfect weather.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Currently watching Feherty Live on golf channel from Phx. That fugger is funnier than shit.[emoji106] [emoji1]

Reaction score
It's great heading east In the evening. Poor bastards going west are suffering. Have no reason to go past the Broadway curve at all this weekend.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Code for something? You lost me here and the purple koolaide thread. :headscratch:

Damn dude pay attention....

Phoenix=Fights

Grape Kool Aid=Green Poo

:D

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Damn dude pay attention....

Phoenix=Fights

Grape Kool Aid=Green Poo

:D

Lol, I'm used to your posts and thread titles having double meaning, you're game is falling off. [emoji13]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
It's great heading east In the evening. Poor bastards going west are suffering. Have no reason to go past the Broadway curve at all this weekend.

Sounds like your house and work are east? You're very lucky! [emoji6]

Reaction score
Sounds like your house and work are east? You're very lucky! [emoji6]

I head west in the am. Traffic hasn't been bad. Usually takes me 30-40 minutes to get home at night. 20-25 min in the am. Golf course is due north 15 minutes

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Heading home to Cave Creek in the AM from S CA. I plan on getting out and about at some point. Great for the economy. I am not a hamster on a wheel so dont care ;)

JRS1939

Reaction score
Traffic was horrendous this am heading east. Even in the carpool lane.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Barrett Jackson 2 weeks ago, Arabian horse auction last week (some of those folks have planes outfitted to transport their horses), Super Bowl, Waste Management golf tournament (with Tiger) AND all the retirees/blue hairs/snow birds makes me long for the Spring Training crowds.

Shouldn't complain, it is great for the economy but traffic sux!

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Just got home from the taping of Feherty Live at Orpheum Theater. Had a blast even though I didn't catch any footballs. Downtown is a zoo. They even have an ice rink set up which was pretty funny since it was about 78* this afternoon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422509388.197688.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422509517.117518.jpg

white tortilla

Reaction score

530RL

Reaction score
It's a cluster fuck up there where the rich people live.

Going to the Open tomorrow and then Kid Rock that evening. I expect it to take a long time to get in and to get out.

I'll just take a couple scotches and sit in the car. Thankfully Uber Black exists.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I drive past the stadium every morning and evening. The area around the stadium, everyone is taking pictures with their cell phones while driving. Asshats are swerving all over, self defense mode. I must say, it is impressive.

Just hoping for a fun, good and safe event for all involved.

gqchris

Reaction score
I drive past the stadium every morning and evening. The area around the stadium, everyone is taking pictures with their cell phones while driving. Asshats are swerving all over, self defense mode. I must say, it is impressive.

Just hoping for a fun, good and safe event for all involved.

The cell phone camera shit is really starting to piss me off. Why is it in concerts that ass hats feel the need to "record" the whole fucking thing with their phone? They never even look past their screen and enjoy the moment. Fucking amazing to me. People live a digital fairy tale.

hqdefault.jpg

Boat Bling

Reaction score
The cell phone camera shit is really starting to piss me off. Why is it in concerts that ass hats feel the need to "record" the whole fucking thing with their phone? They never even look past their screen and enjoy the moment. Fucking amazing to me. People live a digital fairy tale.

View attachment 387995

It's funny you mention that. Last night at the David Feherty show I took a pic of the stage just before the opening comedy act. In fact I posted that photo on this thread last night. I sent that photo via text to the 2 recipients that would get a kick out of it then put the phone away for the duration of the show. A few audience members appeared to take photos and record video during the show and although I contemplated doing the same thing, thought it would be disrespectful since it was a TV broadcast with shots of the crowd.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My office is very close to the exit for TPC... fortunately, I am at our other building today. The traffic going east was hideous when I was going west today at 8am. Looks like I'll be taking surface streets tomorrow to avoid all of that crap.

Must be a lot of fun stuff going on in town if they have the boards lit up on the freeway with the "Designate a Driver" campaign.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
My office is very close to the exit for TPC... fortunately, I am at our other building today. The traffic going east was hideous when I was going west today at 8am. Looks like I'll be taking surface streets tomorrow to avoid all of that crap.

Must be a lot of fun stuff going on in town if they have the boards lit up on the freeway with the "Designate a Driver" campaign.

Is this a call out thread? :rolleyes

RVRKID

Reaction score
It's a cluster fuck up there where the rich people live.

Going to the Open tomorrow and then Kid Rock that evening. I expect it to take a long time to get in and to get out.

I'll just take a couple scotches and sit in the car. Thankfully Uber Black exists.

My Mom was out there yesterday and today and I guess people were handing $25 off for a Co called ZTrip. I looked it up online and CA doesn't have it but Phoenix does and looked like they have black car as well. Just thought I would throw it out there in case Uber was slammed..

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it, backing up east at 35th Ave already. 17 truck route and cut through the airport it is

SCBLLC

Reaction score
A million extra people might be a good guess with all you guys have going on plus the near perfect weather.

Yup, raining Cats and Dogs. Every year during the Open, you think they would learn.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Wife just called to say she landed. Bur to Phx. Said the whole back half of the plane was Playboy Bunnies. Spike heals and T shirts. The one time I say no way I'm going with you! Airport was full of drivers w/ signs.

DickieB

Reaction score
Yup, raining Cats and Dogs. Every year during the Open, you think they would learn.

Yep, now that everyone is trying to leave town after a shitty week of rain, etc. It's supposed to be 81 degrees by this Friday! Whooo Hooo! I might even fire up the ol' boat and head to Lake Unpleasant just to see if it still runs! :D

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Had a flight this morning and wasn't looking forward to the mass exodus through Sky Harbor. Was supposed to be the busiest day in the airport's history and I wouldn't doubt it but I give huge props to TSA and airport staff! Arrived 2.5 hours early expecting chaos and while very busy they seemed to have a handle on things. Apparently they brought in TSA personnel from all over the country to assist. Breezed through the checkpoint in less than 5 minutes and was on my way.