WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cali Delta questions

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
New guy here so sorry if this is in the wrong area.

The wife has a 10day vacation coming up from work and we thought about hooking up to the boat and going somewhere new (to us), after seeing the pics of the Big Cat Poker Run I really wanna check that place out. Anyone with some inside knowledge/ advice would be great, looking for the good places to stay, what places to check out, basically in info would be great, thanks.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus. Enjoy the ride.

What kind of boat do u have ?[emoji2][emoji106]

klotsac

Reaction score
New guy here so sorry if this is in the wrong area.

The wife has a 10day vacation coming up from work and we thought about hooking up to the boat and going somewhere new (to us), after seeing the pics of the Big Cat Poker Run I really wanna check that place out. Anyone with some inside knowledge/ advice would be great, looking for the good places to stay, what places to check out, basically in info would be great, thanks.

Check out VRBO, lots of options in Discovery Bay, you cannot go wrong staying there. Make sure the house is close to fast water, there are several houses that could take +/- 30 minutes to get to the fast water, it gets old real quick... The weekends are crazy busy but you will have the entire place to yourself during the week. Very easy to get lost (trust me), make sure you take a GPS, even if its the one on your phone. Make sure you head over to Orwood Resort and Union Point, good food and cold beer. Orwood is only a 5 minute boat ride, and Union Point is probably a 25-30 minute ride. Theres a grocery store, Starbucks, and "strip mall" just west of Discovery Bay. Theres a Costco in Tracy, which is only 15-20 minutes away. The delta is perfect for waterskiing, smooth like the river and warm like the lake. The water is nasty, make sure you have a good coat of wax before you launch the boat or its hell trying to get the green line off. Plan on having it detailed when you get home. It can get a little breezy in the afternoons,but it only lasts a few hours. You'll have a blast, I can't wait to get back!!!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Check out VRBO, lots of options in Discovery Bay, you cannot go wrong staying there. Make sure the house is close to fast water, there are several houses that could take +/- 30 minutes to get to the fast water, it gets old real quick... The weekends are crazy busy but you will have the entire place to yourself during the week. Very easy to get lost (trust me), make sure you take a GPS, even if its the one on your phone. Make sure you head over to Orwood Resort and Union Point, good food and cold beer. Orwood is only a 5 minute boat ride, and Union Point is probably a 25-30 minute ride. Theres a grocery store, Starbucks, and "strip mall" just west of Discovery Bay. Theres a Costco in Tracy, which is only 15-20 minutes away. The delta is perfect for waterskiing, smooth like the river and warm like the lake. The water is nasty, make sure you have a good coat of wax before you launch the boat or its hell trying to get the green line off. Plan on having it detailed when you get home. It can get a little breezy in the afternoons,but it only lasts a few hours. You'll have a blast, I can't wait to get back!!!

Travel outside of Disco Bay and you can buy crack 5 minutes away.:rolleyes

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Travel outside of Disco Bay and you can buy crack 5 minutes away.:rolleyes

Not sure what your hard on against the delta/Sacramento river is but a whole lot more area and water to explore. Yes I miss my lake Berryessa a lot but you sometimes need to branch out.

precisiondetails

Reaction score

Water is not nasty, it's just not blue and green like Tahoe or Havasu. I was just talking to Tony from DCB at the event yesterday, and he even brought up how easy it is on clean up. Yes it will have a line, that's typical of all places its exhaust line as well. And of course you should have a coat of wax on your boat no matter what. Havasu water is the worse cause of the minerals.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
There is so much to see its crazy. Find a tour guide, I'm always more than happy to show people around. PM me if your interested, maybe I can help out.

Just a list to give you an idea-

Tower Park
Wimpys
Justis
The point
River Boat
Out rigger
Garlic Brothers
Windmill cove
Sugar Barge
Downtown Stockton
Pirates Lair
Ski Beach
Walnut Grove
Bull Frog

Plus the ones already listed

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Not sure what your hard on against the delta/Sacramento river is but a whole lot more area and water to explore. Yes I miss my lake Berryessa a lot but you sometimes need to branch out.

Ya Greg is Greg. I've given up on him and the delta

tkrrox

Reaction score
we went there last year and stayed at snug harbor...we went up into old sacramento-next time we will go down discovery bay area...one thing that was really fun with the kids was geocaching...they are all over and the kids had a blast trying to find them...the only thing i wish was i bought the lakes map for my garmin and it didn't show the no wake zones....we got stuck in a lot of fingers with no wake and it was long trying to get out of them.

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the info! I'm gonna start really looking into everything,
Milk money, I have a DCB Mach 26 with twin 300x. I'd post a picture but I can't figure out how.
Precision details, I'll definitely hit ya up, thanks!

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
image.jpg
This is her, I call her Beluga cause she big fat and white.

Brad's

Banned
Reaction score
The Delta is a really fun place with 1000's of miles of water.:thumbup:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I was out on Tunnel T's 26 with 300's yesterday. We came up on a group of 7 cruisers / yachts. The 26 went over all the wakes like a champ.

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
I was out on Tunnel T's 26 with 300's yesterday. We came up on a group of 7 cruisers / yachts. The 26 went over all the wakes like a champ.
The wife and have only had it out twice (new to us), we're both really happy with our purchase.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I think we passed you guys at windmill. We were walking in as you guys were leaving

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I think we passed you guys at windmill. We were walking in as you guys were leaving
I said hi to someone on the ramp on the way out. Inwas wearing a red RDP hat and a Parker 336 enduro shirt.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Wasn't us. Took forever for us to get docked. Partial cluster on the docks

All you guys were on the three boats and leaving before we got in.

I missed everyone :p. I am still looking for Lake PAL :p

I said hi to someone on the ramp on the way out. Inwas wearing a red RDP hat and a Parker 336 enduro shirt.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

I missed everyone [emoji14]. I am still looking for Lake PAL [emoji14]
Yes, that was us with Drew (Boatmasters) in a 22 Daytona and Tommy (Bad News Travels Fast) in a 22 DCB. All with twin whackers.

The F-26 was in first place the entire run. :D

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Yup. There was wackas everywhere :D

Yes, that was us with Drew (Boatmasters) in a 22 Daytona and Tommy (Bad News Travels Fast) in a 22 DCB. All with twin whackers.

The F-26 was in first place the entire run. :D

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

I missed everyone :p. I am still looking for Lake PAL :p

Sorry we didn't get a chance to have a beer together. I had my in laws and wife wasn't up for Windmill. Father in law had to get to a restroom every 30 minutes. Hope to catch up with you next time.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
If you don't end up at Discovery Bay there are some decent cabins in the middle part of the Delta at B&W Resort and Tower Park. I know the ones at B&W come with a slip & they have 91 octane. I store my boat at B&W and their launch ramp is nice and protected. Let us know when you will be visiting and we will try to get out.

bocco

Reaction score
We've been looking for some place like B&W. It looks nice but no pets. The wife's little dog usually boats with us.