WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Would really appreciate some suggestions.

TBulger

Reaction score
We have a truck camper and a boat stored at Lake Front Storage in Havasu. The camper works okay, but would really like to find a hotel suite or something else to rent on a regular semi monthly basis. The ideal situation would have two separate bedrooms and a kitchen. We are nonsmokers and no pets, the kitchen would not be used for cooking, more like making sandwiches and morning cereal, thus no mess. We do bring a guest from time to time, so couch in living room would sure be nice. Any ideas would be appreciated, not looking to buy house or even rent on a permanent basis yet. Thanks so much :)

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I think the place across from Big 5 has suites. It's called Island Something? Used to be able to use launch ramp at Beachcomber(not much of a ramp), not sure now since Beach Comber changed hands.

Spot

Reaction score
There are plenty of rental options for houses in Havasu. Ideally get one through RDP and establish a good rapport with the owner. You will pay more if you go through any of the formal rental services in town.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
We don't really "rent" our place out in Havasu anymore but I would love to find a "regular" who would want to use it on a regular basis. Ill send you a PM.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We have a truck camper and a boat stored at Lake Front Storage in Havasu. The camper works okay, but would really like to find a hotel suite or something else to rent on a regular semi monthly basis. The ideal situation would have two separate bedrooms and a kitchen. We are nonsmokers and no pets, the kitchen would not be used for cooking, more like making sandwiches and morning cereal, thus no mess. We do bring a guest from time to time, so couch in living room would sure be nice. Any ideas would be appreciated, not looking to buy house or even rent on a permanent basis yet. Thanks so much :)

Doesn't the nautical have some suites with a kitchenette in them?

RD

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

RD

Yes, they do. We are staying in a beach suite for the Howard Regatta and it has a fridge, microwave and separate living area with couch that has a pull out bed. Actually looks quite roomy for a hotel suite.

They also have the commodore suite on the cove side that has a full kitchen and living area. Shueman stayed in that one and I think it was like $800 + for 2 nights :yikes

SHEP

Reaction score
I thought the condos in the channel have that type of setup and plenty are available for rent. Kings View I think they are called.

SHEP

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I thought the condos in the channel have that type of setup and plenty are available for rent. Kings View I think they are called.

SHEP

Kings view. Could be a bit spendy though.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I used to rent a condo at Xanadu on lake havasu ave. It used to be about 1k a month and I would just use it for a week and the weekends for a whole month.

TBulger

Reaction score

RD

Yep, got the small Exc Suite, not much kitchen or none, $663.00/out the door for 2 nights this weekend. I like the Nautical, pool, bar and restaurant. Does anyone on RDP have one of the "Condo's", really a nice room with 2 Queen beds and a small kitchen. Was wondering how it worked out for them? :)

Always Floored

Reaction score
We used to rent a house. Always came with us and two other couples. Splitting it 3 ways only came to 43 bucks each a night. I dont know of any hotels for that price.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, got the small Exc Suite, not much kitchen or none, $663.00/out the door for 2 nights this weekend. I like the Nautical, pool, bar and restaurant. Does anyone on RDP have one of the "Condo's", really a nice room with 2 Queen beds and a small kitchen. Was wondering how it worked out for them? :)

TB, If your talking about the newer rooms to the south I only remember them having a small fridge, microwave and bar sink in the sitting area. Stayed in 2 different rooms and don't remember anything similar to a kitchen. 78 Southwind owns a timeshare he could probably tell you exactly.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I know we already spoke via PM Tom but I figured I would post here too, so that it may be helpful to other members as well.

The condos have one bedroom with two beds while the timeshares have one bedroom with one bed. The condo rooms are the same rooms as the timeshares but they have been remodeled and updated. I don't remember if the condos have a pull-out couch but the timeshares have one. I would say they are sufficient for a small family.

I am not trying to step on anyone's toes because I am sure some will have different opinions but personally, the condos don't make much sense to me because of the cost and the rules (they are not really condos they're hotel-condos). You don't own the land because it is all leased from and owned by the BLM. If I remember right there was about 50 years left on the lease when I bought my timeshare back in 2008. To me the timeshare would only be worth it if you uses it and the bonus time since the maintenance fees do go up over time. Seven days a quarter of bonus time (which costs about $85 a night) is allocated to each owner but you could probably get more if needed, if available.

I would only buy a resale timeshare which you could probably get for around $1,500 to $2,500 depending on the season of your week (if your lucky $1.25 :D). You will have to pay a transfer fee which at the time I purchased was around $250. The break-even could be a year or two if you use the timeshare a lot. But remember you will always have to pay the maintenance fee which seems to go up 3% every year (currently around $600 a year).