WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A few things I found today

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Grads is annoying at times and I have no desire to hang out with the guy....but it says a lot about the board. Grads porbably posts more relevant content than anyone, Yet he is under the most scrutiny. Even though the site is comprised mostly of grown men, its not comprised of adult mind sets ;) When grads gets annoying I just don't read his posts, or I will engage him in conversation (very simple for some, impossible for others). After everything is said and done I can either agree or disagree, and that is that. Then you have the "adults" who just cant let it be. which is why hes in the spot he is in now, "I don't like him, so he must go" and they just cant get the Fuck over it. so they make their lifes mission to follow him around and tattle every chance they get.

I could go on and on as to changes Im seeing the board as a whole go through, but then I would probably get banned. So I will just watch the shit show, and keep most my thoughts to myself...LOL.

That's why I didn't ban him. I didn't think it was all that bad.

Hell, what Shueman posted today in the good morning thread was a way more a ban-able offense, but again we're all adults here.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
That's why I didn't ban him. I didn't think it was all that bad.

Hell, what Shueman posted today in the good morning thread was a way more a ban-able offense, but again we're all adults here.

Great, now I have to go find the good morning thread! :boobeyes:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Sorry no updates for a while. I see someone posted the article about the two guys searching for the plane. I don't know the whole story but these guys weren't too bright if they were trying to "drag" the bottom to find the wreckage considering the bottom is littered with 60' tall trees. They almost paid the ultimate price for it, in fact they found one of the guys unresponsive when they got to him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the plane will never be found. In most likely an unrelated story, they found more human remains.:yikes

The lake has now risen 26' from it's low point which might sound like a lot but it is still 90' from the top. I'm a little bummed because I stashed some things out there that I found and wanted to go back and retrieve them but they are now covered in water. My exploring for the most part is done. There is finally a usable boat ramp but there is a 5 m.p.h. speed limit. I may take the boat out for a few passes....we'll see. I'm praying for rain now so we have some sort of boating season.

Here's a before and after pic taken in almost the same exact spot so you can see how much it has risen. Normally I'd be standing in the center of the lake.

Before

IMG_6999.jpg

After

IMG_7385.jpg

I thought I'd post some pictures of the launch ramps as well to show how low it still is. All of these ramps are located in one location (Granite Bay) but are located at different levels. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of the lowest ramp.

Here's is the next to lowest one. In a decent year we will never even see this ramp (underwater).

IMG_7391.jpg

The next ramp up. For those of you that came to Big Wake Weekend, this ramp was also underwater and the hydroplanes and boats actually raced over this ramp and parking lot. You can see the parking lot in the next pic.

IMG_7394.jpg

The next ramp up is where everyone launched for Big Wake Weekend

IMG_7402.jpg

Here is a pic from BWW taken at the ramp in the previous pic. And we thought the lake was low then.:yikes

389579_10151642720164170_337472589_n.jpg

And finally the ramp we use when the lake is full. You can see by the weeds growing on it that it has been a couple years since being used.

IMG_7397.jpg

shenanigans

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. Hard to believe that it fluctuates that much. Thanks for the pictures!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'm amazed by how flat those banks are. Seems like the top 60' or so really widen the lake drastically due to the low slope of the banks.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Where did the 26 feet of water come from?

My guess is the low lake levels were more in part due to the work in the damn that was being done. It's an intentional draw down. Now that the work is completed they can let it start filling up.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Sorry no updates for a while. I see someone posted the article about the two guys searching for the plane. I don't know the whole story but these guys weren't too bright if they were trying to "drag" the bottom to find the wreckage considering the bottom is littered with 60' tall trees. They almost paid the ultimate price for it, in fact they found one of the guys unresponsive when they got to him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the plane will never be found. In most likely an unrelated story, they found more human remains.:yikes

The lake has now risen 26' from it's low point which might sound like a lot but it is still 90' from the top. I'm a little bummed because I stashed some things out there that I found and wanted to go back and retrieve them but they are now covered in water. My exploring for the most part is done. There is finally a usable boat ramp but there is a 5 m.p.h. speed limit. I may take the boat out for a few passes....we'll see. I'm praying for rain now so we have some sort of boating season.

Here's a before and after pic taken in almost the same exact spot so you can see how much it has risen. Normally I'd be standing in the center of the lake.

Before

View attachment 454554

After

View attachment 454556

I thought I'd post some pictures of the launch ramps as well to show how low it still is. All of these ramps are located in one location (Granite Bay) but are located at different levels. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of the lowest ramp.

Here's is the next to lowest one. In a decent year we will never even see this ramp (underwater).

View attachment 454564

The next ramp up. For those of you that came to Big Wake Weekend, this ramp was also underwater and the hydroplanes and boats actually raced over this ramp and parking lot. You can see the parking lot in the next pic.

View attachment 454563

The next ramp up is where everyone launched for Big Wake Weekend

View attachment 454569

Here is a pic from BWW taken at the ramp in the previous pic. And we thought the lake was low then.:yikes

View attachment 454568

And finally the ramp we use when the lake is full. You can see by the weeds growing on it that it has been a couple years since being used.

View attachment 454562

That's nuts. Raced there for BWW.

GRADS

Reaction score
Since there's nothing new to share I thought I'd share something that I thought was interesting that happened out on Folsom years ago.

In 1995, when the lake was full, the dam had a gate failure sending mass amounts of water through the dam downstream. At the time there was really nothing in front of the dam so you could pull your boat right up to it. Because of that they imposed a "no boat" policy on the lake and put a State Parks boat in front of the dam to guard it.

As you can see in the video the State Parks boat ended up having engine trouble and the guys had to jump off at the last minute and swim to safety sending the boat through the dam. Talk about shitting your pants.:yikes I remember this and the suction going through the dam was intense.

Fast forward the video to about 1:45.

[video=youtube;dU9BkPxITOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU9BkPxITOg[/video]

GRADS

Reaction score
Pussy. Should have rode that bitch in.

LOL, no kidding! It's over a 300' drop on the other side.....would have been a hell of a ride. Like a log ride on steroids.:D

Although if you fast forward to 3:15 you can see what the boat looked like when they pulled it out. I'm guessing they wouldn't have made it.

GRADS

Reaction score
How about not knowing how strong the current would be once they jumped in!?! I would be freaking out not knowing if I could swim hard enough to not get sucked down too.

CRAZY!!

Exactly! At what point do you give up on trying to start the motor and hope you can swim to safety?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Exactly! At what point do you give up on trying to start the motor and hope you can swim to safety?

I saw no one trying to fix a motor.

Looks like about 100 foot away. :)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The suction of that broken gate puts Hilary's abilities to shame! Lol!

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
You guys should be more polite, this is Grads thread and he is a supporter of that hag. :D

GRADS

Reaction score
Great news! The snow pack test today was 136% of normal.:thumbsup It is directly related to the level of Folsom Lake. The rain helps fill it up but it is the snow pack melt that fills the lake in spring and keeps it full. I might take the boat ad out of the classified section. :D

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Grads, keep the pics coming as Folsom refills. At a minimum, it's photo evidence how quickly it "can" fill with strict water controls in CA and an EL Nino winter. I still remember water controls in Sacramento while SO Cal had none back in the early 80's, even though a large percentage of SO Cals water comes from Folsom. Couldn't water your lawn or wash your car in Sactown but F" it, turn the hydrants on in SO Cal to cool the kids off. Limits on watering your lawn in SO Cal, phsss cant wash your car, psshhh, everyone blew it off. Sacramento came around and fined people for it.

Seemed so weird for me as a kid who just moved to Sacramento from Seattle. That and the Hindus who whore sheets, towels on their heads, drove semi trucks while wearing Nike shoes.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Grads, keep the pics coming as Folsom refills. At a minimum, it's photo evidence how quickly it "can" fill with strict water controls in CA and an EL Nino winter. I still remember water controls in Sacramento while SO Cal had none back in the early 80's, even though a large percentage of SO Cals water comes from Folsom. Couldn't water your lawn or wash your car in Sactown but F" it, turn the hydrants on in SO Cal to cool the kids off. Limits on watering your lawn in SO Cal, phsss cant wash your car, psshhh, everyone blew it off. Sacramento came around and fined people for it.

Seemed so weird for me as a kid who just moved to Sacramento from Seattle. That and the Hindus who whore sheets, towels on their heads, drove semi trucks while wearing Nike shoes.
Do you mean Folsom feeds the central valley? Cause I'm fairly sure most of So Cal's water comes from the Owens and Colorado rivers.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score

How could you tell Sac. had water restriction? most of the area never had water meter, just paid flat fees:eek

GRADS

Reaction score
even though a large percentage of SO Cals water comes from Folsom.

Shhhh! Some peeps on here are not going to be happy to find out that I pee in it all the time.:p

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Do you mean Folsom feeds the central valley? Cause I'm fairly sure most of So Cal's water comes from the Owens and Colorado rivers.

Nope, the CV gets most of its water from Oroville and Shasta. SoCal owns most of the water behind Folsom.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Nope, the CV gets most of its water from Oroville and Shasta. SoCal owns most of the water behind Folsom.
You're referring to the state water project that takes water from the delta and distributes it throughout the state?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
You're referring to the state water project that takes water from the delta and distributes it throughout the state?

State and Federal both distribute through out the state. Folsom is Federal with SoCal owning most of the rights whereas Oroville is State.

GRADS

Reaction score
State and Federal both distribute through out the state. Folsom is Federal with SoCal owning most of the rights whereas Oroville is State.

Good to know. Next time out there I'll have to float a deuce. ;)

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I don't know the details about who has what water rights from Folsom but I do remember people living in Sacramento being pissed off that SO Cal didn't have water restrictions and Sac did. Also don't recall if we had water meters but I do remember people driving around looking for people washing cars and watering lawns and issuing tickets for offenders. It was allowed on certain days, something along the lines of odd numbered addresses could water on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays, even numbered addresses on other days.

The water shortage at the time was caused by mismanagement of the water levels. A couple of years earlier they kept the water levels really high then had a extreme wet winter and spring. Shasta dumped major water and it flooded a brand new mall that was just getting ready to open.

GRADS

Reaction score
Guess what? I'm going boating next weekend.....on Folsom.:thumbsup The lake has risen over 50' now.:yikes It's essentially filling as fast as dumping the entire volume of Lake Elsinore in it every 3 days. Best thing is the snow pack is looking awesome which keeps the lake full during the summer.

Oh lake p.a.l.???:D

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Guess what? I'm going boating next weekend.....on Folsom.:thumbsup The lake has risen over 50' now.:yikes It's essentially filling as fast as dumping the entire volume of Lake Elsinore in it every 3 days. Best thing is the snow pack is looking awesome which keeps the lake full during the summer.

Oh lake p.a.l.???:D
Awesome! !

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I hear there’s an RDP membership at the bottom. Easier if you tie an anchor around your waist to help you get there faster...

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I must have missed this thread..
Mucking around in the mud is a Grads lost art.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Who do you think Pablo Escobar is?

I’m pretty sure it’s Grads. He cannot be banned. He has the system figured out. His IP can’t be shut off.
I only know the poster as GreGG!
That is 2 G's more than Dave has earned hosting his Bullshit.

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm rekindling this thread because Folsom Lake is at some if it's lowest levels for this time of year ever. I think finding the plane this year could be a definite possibility...If I don't find it hopefully someone else will. I haven't been out on my paddle board in over 8 months. I hope that changes.

GRADS

Reaction score
I just checked and the lake is 30' lower right now than it was this time of year when I did all this exploring.:eek: I'm guessing it will hit the lowest levels we've ever seen since it was built in 1955.

4Waters

Reaction score
I just checked and the lake is 30' lower right now than it was this time of year when I did all this exploring.:eek: I'm guessing it will hit the lowest levels we've ever seen since it was built in 1955.
Go find it