WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Diesel injector help?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My bury a body friend's truck ate two injectors yesterday. I was wondering if any peeps in here sold parts or any ideas to get some. Sounded like it was 2K for a full set. :eek

2006 Duramax 6.6 LLY motor.

sspdy02

Reaction score
"All Time Diesel" in Glendora, just south of Route 66, west of Grand Ave. behind Flappy Jacks. they are a service facility but they are close to you and probably have stuff laying around or can definitely get you new ones.

Brian

Good luck

TLAW719

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately they are expensive and your buddy is going to want to replace all of them. I'll sent a text to my buddy that works at a gmc dealership and see what he can do.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
IF he's not replacing all of them, at a minimum - Have a tech (or somebody with HPT / EFI Live) run an injector balance datalog. This will reveal the condition / flowrates of the injectors, as you can see how much the ECM is compensating each injector to achieve the desired flow. There is a range they all should fall within, I don't remember what it is off the top of my head.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
call auto marine in Glendora 626-335-1315
see if they can rebuild them
wholesale price on reman go for $350. ea new $650.
good luck :yikes

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yes replacing them all.

Needs a set.

Yes unfortunately they are expensive and your buddy is going to want to replace all of them. I'll sent a text to my buddy that works at a gmc dealership and see what he can do.

IF he's not replacing all of them, at a minimum - Have a tech (or somebody with HPT / EFI Live) run an injector balance datalog. This will reveal the condition / flowrates of the injectors, as you can see how much the ECM is compensating each injector to achieve the desired flow. There is a range they all should fall within, I don't remember what it is off the top of my head.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Reman by GB they are 356.15 my cost. Not available new from my Delco Wholesaler. Checking on new from my dealer hookup.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I think Lincoln Diesel sells complete sets for 1600.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Merchant automotive might have some decent pricing also.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Just talked to my Dealer guy, they are available new, my Cost is 469.82 each , with a $100 core each. PM me if you decide you want to go new and we'll work out the details.:thumbup:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Might want to tell him to look into having a stealership do the work, as many shops will only do a 1 year 12K warranty and some dealerships can do 5yr 100K warranty on the injectors and labor. Usually costs about 1K more, but may very well pay for itself... Especially if his truck has a history of eating injectors. Some just do, some just don't. All depends on if he's keeping the truck long term or not.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Xtreme Diesel has the BD set for 2400 after 10 percent discount.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Just talked to my Dealer guy, they are available new, my Cost is 469.82 each , with a $100 core each. PM me if you decide you want to go new and we'll work out the details.:thumbup:

Way too high!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That's Santa Barbara for ya....25% mark up just for living here....:yikes

Reminds me of the last time I quoted a rebuilt transmission for a Tundra from our local dealer..3400....Ventura dealer quoted me 1700 for the same transmission...Laughable!

What can you get them for Runs2rch?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Out of curiosity did you/he try to run the part number through Rock Auto?

HANDY

Reaction score
I work at a GM dealer in Tempe and can sell them for 393.73 each plus 100.00 core charge but I would have to ship them and he would have to ship the cores back ?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
My bury a body friend's truck ate two injectors yesterday. I was wondering if any peeps in here sold parts or any ideas to get some. Sounded like it was 2K for a full set. :eek

BECS Pacific in Whittier. They might be dealer only but you can try. They will rebuild yours.

$2k for a full set? Thats pretty much impossible buy my ears are up....

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
BECS Pacific in Whittier. They might be dealer only but you can try. They will rebuild yours.

$2k for a full set? Thats pretty much impossible buy my ears are up....

That sounds like a good deal.

Personally I don't like reman stuff if I have a choice, I always go new. Seems to work out better for everyone.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Check Rock Auto Parts, also how many miles on the truck? The dealer may warranty them since they know of the injector issues from those years, as long as no programmers have been used.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
I just spent a bunch of money replacing the injectors on my 06 LBZ..
Go Bosch, or go half ass... Sorta.

I don't run stock injectors anymore on my truck, but in talking with the brains at Exergy Performance, they say that doing a good rebuild on these high pressure common rail injectors costs just as much as new. They're also a Bosch dealer.

Even buying new, they want your cores to reuse the bodies.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score

+/- 4 in park, 6 in drive.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score

I have a guru in Escondido that changes the injectors for $2900 (Parts alone are $2300). If your interested, send me a PM and I will forward his contact.