WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River daves/ Instagram and DCB Facebook

milkmoney

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is bad or good. My wife starts showing me all these pics of boats , that I recognize and she is telling me how cool all the paint jobs are , ( her words , she doesn't really understand the gel coat VS paint). So like me jus go with it. Lol.

I ask her, where did you find those. She said. I follow that River Daves place on Instagram , oh ok cool. So every so often she says you got to see this one , oh wait look at this one too, I jus go along with it and jus agree how cool they are. Then she comes back with. Oh you probably already seen these boats and probably know the people's name that own them. Lol.

Then at Xmas this year I open a present and this is in it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458654275.404165.jpg

Now you have to understand. My wife really a doesn't know much about boating other than what she has learned from me. ( I know I know. That isn't very much , she knows horses like we all know boats ) I ask her where did u get that and how did u find that. Her response is : I am friends on Facebook with DCB.....
So I guess she does listen when I talk , so I am wondering if this is good ( for my future boat ) or this is bad and going to put me in the poor house ......

I will say this. My wife is very excited to go to DS and meet all of you that I talk about and share stories with. She had also said that the boats on the tilt trailers are bad ass and that's what she wants to roll in with .....

So again. Not sure if this is bad or good ???

[emoji202][emoji41][emoji106]

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Nice hat!

I say very cool and yes your wallet is going to be lighter.

I occasionally overhear my wife talking boats with others and she fields questions on drivetrain and handling characteristics of our boat and I think to myself that she likely knows more then I do. My wife often surprises me on things like this, she listens more then I think. One thing is for sure she listens better then I do.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Lucky you.... My wife shows me pictures of pontoon boats. [emoji15]

Oh don't get me wrong. She says we need a dog friendly boat also. I think she means pontoon [emoji202][emoji41]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Nice hat!

I say very cool and yes your wallet is going to be lighter.

I occasionally overhear my wife talking boats with others and she fields questions on drivetrain and handling characteristics of our boat and I think to myself that she likely knows more then I do. My wife often surprises me on things like this, she listens more then I think. One thing is for sure she listens better then I do.

Lol. I don't think my wife will ever understand the mechanics or handling of said boats. Jus not who she is. She jus wants it to be cool looking ( she says flashy)
And sit there and look good [emoji41][emoji106]

Your wife sounds like she knows more than I do [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Joker

Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong. She says we need a dog friendly boat also. I think she means pontoon [emoji202][emoji41]

Did she like sitting in that one on the side of your house?[emoji3]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Did she like sitting in that one on the side of your house?[emoji3]

Yes the one we used three times in a summer. Not gonna happen again. [emoji202][emoji41]

milkmoney

Reaction score
MM,

Wait till she see's them in person. Bring the blue pill. :D

I showed her this thread and she looked at me and said " what's the blue pill". She thinks boating related. Lol.

[emoji106][emoji41][emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
No Facebook for me either, but instagram is just like the Tapatalk thread with all the cool pictures. [emoji16]

Ok. Have fun with that. U can share that with my wife. She jus shows me pics of stuff once in awhile. [emoji41][emoji202]

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Ok. Have fun with that. U can share that with my wife. She jus shows me pics of stuff once in awhile. [emoji41][emoji202]
If you get an account you can post up all the Desert Storm pics while I am anchored off at the Rock Bar by Blue Water in Parker 😆

milkmoney

Reaction score
If you get an account you can post up all the Desert Storm pics while I am anchored off at the Rock Bar by Blue Water in Parker [emoji38]

Lol. If you jus put ur big boy pants on and let's get that thing up on the lake and stretch the legs and have some fun. [emoji202][emoji41]

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I feel where you're coming from! My wife sounds awfully similar to yours. Horses are her thing...but she listens more than I realize. I'm bad about finding something I want and procrastinating, thinking what if something I want more comes along? She's good at making me man up and buy it.

Last year we found the motorhome we always wanted, local, for a good price. We weren't ready to buy (or so I thought) but she said "we'll take it" on the spot. No haggling, none of the fun stuff.

Few months later, the carrera we always wanted pops up. I send it to her jokingly, like "hey, see...if we had waited to buy a motorhome later we could have this".

The reply..."let's go get it. I'm gonna send a deposit check on it today so it doesn't sell". Haha.

It's all good. I'll let her spend our money on cool stuff all day long.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is bad or good. My wife starts showing me all these pics of boats , that I recognize and she is telling me how cool all the paint jobs are , ( her words , she doesn't really understand the gel coat VS paint). So like me jus go with it. Lol.

I ask her, where did you find those. She said. I follow that River Daves place on Instagram , oh ok cool. So every so often she says you got to see this one , oh wait look at this one too, I jus go along with it and jus agree how cool they are. Then she comes back with. Oh you probably already seen these boats and probably know the people's name that own them. Lol.

Then at Xmas this year I open a present and this is in it.

View attachment 473013

Now you have to understand. My wife really a doesn't know much about boating other than what she has learned from me. ( I know I know. That isn't very much , she knows horses like we all know boats ) I ask her where did u get that and how did u find that. Her response is : I am friends on Facebook with DCB.....
So I guess she does listen when I talk , so I am wondering if this is good ( for my future boat ) or this is bad and going to put me in the poor house ......

I will say this. My wife is very excited to go to DS and meet all of you that I talk about and share stories with. She had also said that the boats on the tilt trailers are bad ass and that's what she wants to roll in with .....

So again. Not sure if this is bad or good ???

[emoji202][emoji41][emoji106]

If she was a really good wife you would have gotten one of these. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458687520.816769.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458687554.750067.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458687578.279354.jpg

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Lol. If you jus put ur big boy pants on and let's get that thing up on the lake and stretch the legs and have some fun. [emoji202][emoji41]
I knew that would get you going! I will go through the Desert Storm thread for time and location for the raft up...

milkmoney

Reaction score
I knew that would get you going! I will go through the Desert Storm thread for time and location for the raft up...

Jus let me know. We can launch at take off point , it's free. U know I know that. And we don't have to tow all the way to havasu. I got the gas [emoji202][emoji106]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Jus showed here and she said oh. Didn't know they sold them. She said the website was down.

Her comment. DCB or Schiada only [emoji106][emoji202]

Oh no. You can't buy these.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Oh no. You can't buy these.

You go ahead and tell her that. U know women , tell them NO and that drives them more to prove u wrong. Lol.

Oh well. [emoji12][emoji41]

P.s s/m [emoji202]

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Jus let me know. We can launch at take off point , it's free. U know I know that. And we don't have to tow all the way to havasu. I got the gas [emoji202][emoji106]
Right on 👍🍻 Raft up is Friday?

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Lol. Those were Friday. Jesus where did the time go. Talking about short term memory. Hell I must be in ur club. Lol [emoji202][emoji41]
No - I reread... the raft up is Friday. We were taking on Sunday. It has been a long week already [emoji38]

milkmoney

Reaction score
No - I reread... the raft up is Friday. We were taking on Sunday. It has been a long week already [emoji38]

Oh ok gotcha. Glad U keep it straight , I am lost. Over load on the brain and have to catch a flight out tomorrow too.

Why me [emoji12][emoji202]

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
A hat from DCB. If it's anything like thier t-shirts she paid a hefty price. Btw nice hat. :D

milkmoney

Reaction score
A hat from DCB. If it's anything like thier t-shirts she paid a hefty price. Btw nice hat. :D

Ya she told me how much. I about fell out of my chair. [emoji202][emoji12]