WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who Was The 1st RDP Member That You Met In Person????

wishiknew

Reaction score
BajaBigDog then PaPaG oh what a life :cool:cool:cool

Joker

Reaction score
Frenchie when I bought his prop.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was RD. I was staying at my buddies house across from his in the keys. It was RDs birthday I remember. For some reason Dave smacked me on the ass. Fag.
This was actually years ago during the old Hotboat forum days.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I would say most of the people that I know that are on RD'sP I knew well before this site was up. I think I met Dave around 2004 at the Elsinore Run What ya brung regatta.

I still haven't met the majority of you clowns. :)

Who says any of us wanna meet you? [emoji23][emoji23]

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
The first member I met was our beloved Cambell Carl 2012 or 2013 Havasu boat show at the RDP booth. Carl was up front and very out going especially with Daves beer.:D I all never forget that meeting... RiP Carl

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was RD. I was staying at my buddies house across from his in the keys. It was RDs birthday I remember. For some reason Dave smacked me on the ass. Fag.
Djunkie.jpg

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
It has been awhile since we have done this and we have a lot of new Members.

Who was the the first RDP member that you met in person, and where?

I am talking about someone you didn't already know....Not your childhood friend or HS Buddy that is on RDP.

I will start. I met John. and HighVoltageHands while out boating with Grads for my birthday in 2008.

EDIT: After thinking about it. I wasn't on RDP in 2008, so that doesn't count. The first person / people I met were Lynch, Nord, & Hammer at the RDP booth at Desert Storm.

Well I think I first met Dave at the June 5th 2004 Heaven & Hell OP6, my T shirt says OP6C VII.
I think I remember you having a cast on your left wrist.
Trying to run down young hoodlums in flip flops takes skill which was lacking on your part that night.
Love ya Dave.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well I think I first met Dave at the June 5th 2004 Heaven & Hell OP6, my T shirt says OP6C VII.
I think I remember you having a cast on your left wrist.
Trying to run down young hoodlums in flip flops takes skill which was lacking on your part that night.
Love ya Dave.

Good to see ya posting root beer boat Dave!! (Always loved that boat)

Wouldn't mind doing a write up on it if it's still in the same shape I last saw it!

78Southwind

Reaction score
The first person I met on RDP was Schiada Time. It was in 2004 for the caravan to the AVI for the Classic Boat Beach Bash. I think his old name was Red Rocket on the OG Hotboat. Man were those the days...:thumbsup

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Good to see ya posting root beer boat Dave!! (Always loved that boat)

Wouldn't mind doing a write up on it if it's still in the same shape I last saw it!

Thank you Dave, that is very flattering.
Brett took a few pictures of the Hallett at the last SOCALJEtBoat AVI trip.
It still looks good.

We are planning to be at our Mohave Valley house over Father's Day weekend.
If you have the time and would like to come out and see us, you are more than welcome.
I will have many silver bullets.
It would be good to see you.
I'll let you know if we are making the trip.
You are welcome to call.
In the mean time "Rock Out With Your Cock Out"
661-723-6880
HD

f

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I gotta be at ultra fest and halletts in Havasu that weekend.. . Surprised you aren't doing the halletts deal? Unofficial, but kinda official Hallett get together..

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I gotta be at ultra fest and halletts in Havasu that weekend.. . Surprised you aren't doing the halletts deal? Unofficial, but kinda official Hallett get together..

LOL,
Dave, I still work for a living.
I hope to retire this coming March.
I would love to do the Hallett deal.
We can work something out I am sure.
HD

shueman

Reaction score
Back in the RiverRatLife days, I met a bunch of folks at a Xmas Toy dealio in Oceanside ... 03-04 maybe
BarryMac & Mandelon come to mind ... Debrolas was my neighbor in the Hot Boat days ...

The Havasu Doug Bikini Bash in '03 was memorable ... :boobeyes:
26706.jpg

shueman

Reaction score
It was 08 when Dave & Stacy came by the new shop in Perris after it opened ...
Dave_Stacy.jpg

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
I met McRib. He needed a garment bag for his son and I had a old one laying around in a closet. Met up for about 5 minutes. Cool guy. After that it was a good group at the hat in upland the day Paul bought his Harley off of a guy in upland. That was the day I met CC. Awesome man right there.

Wadernation

Reaction score
Met NicolasToft back in jan/feb of this year. He saw that i went to the dunes so he PM'd me. We planned a Random trip with him and his wife and we have been partying ever since :thumbsup

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I always love all the stories in these threads. Keep it going. :thumbsup

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I've been here since Sept of 2009, so it's hard to recall.

But I believe the first member I met in person was BarryMac at the Yuma Power Tour that year or the next.... :thumbsup

JayBreww

Reaction score
Shueman at Eliminator a few months ago.
I'm sure the list will grow eventually... right?:thumbsup

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
TCHB was the first and Paul65k was the second but I knew both of them before I joined the forum.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Obnoxious001 after blowing up the engine in my Carrera. Then it was probably Tom and Josh up at JBP for pump work. Few other in between for sure but can't remember specifics.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Will, wendi and their crew at Riverland. Some of the best times were had in that Park.

underpressure

Reaction score
I think that the first people that I met solely thru RDP were McRib and Budman, cruising thru the Islander one night in their normal state...met Plaster Dave at Discount Tire in LHC one day too.

Scott E

Reaction score
Chris Johnson from the old Hot Boat days at the Bluewater before the first OP6C back in 2002 maybe? Then headed over to RDs place in the Keys and met Froggy, Boatcop, Chestah Cheetah, H4215, Wrightnow, Edroe and a few others that I cannot remember.

I remember driving around the keys trying to remember where RDs place was and saw someone and asked if they knew RiverDave or Dave John son, fortunately they were an owner and looked up the address in some book for me.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I met Budman and Hammer at the Islander for a Birthday celebration. :champagne:

We met some real nice peeps at the McRib raftup a couple years ago.
I forget all the screen names...but it was a good time.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Chris Johnson from the old Hot Boat days at the Bluewater before the first OP6C back in 2002 maybe? Then headed over to RDs place in the Keys and met Froggy, Boatcop, Chestah Cheetah, H4215, Wrightnow, Edroe and a few others that I cannot remember.

I remember driving around the keys trying to remember where RDs place was and saw someone and asked if they knew RiverDave or Dave John son, fortunately they were an owner and looked up the address in some book for me.

We met you guys at the Essex Regatta in '04 I believe...we had an awesome time!

Scott E

Reaction score
We met you guys at the Essex Regatta in '04 I believe...we had an awesome time!

Yep, I think I still have the pics from the table at the Saturday night dinner. We had an awesome time as well.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I'm thinking it was LuvnLife at a race up at Lake Ming....

He introduced me to Tony Scarlatta, maybe someone else too. Long time ago, that's for sure.

After that it was probably Froggy and John West at Ultra in San Diego.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
I met a whole boat load of people all at once from the HotBoat days. Too many to name.

I went to CFW on New Years Day back when it was a really hoppin party. I spent the weekend there along with all of the other HotBoaters.

That was at least 10 years ago.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Spring 2004 back in the Hotboat days. Jackpunx & roln20's, RiverDave a month or so later. Been incredibly fortunate to call many past/current forum members close friends. [emoji106]

-Zack

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Cant really remember ...Built my first house in the west valley AZ brought the Scarab from Pompono Beach in 2000 and first run was in Havasu and Mohave ..Then Hotboat days and Op6c Parties and Lake Pleasent . Alot of the first peeps I met are no longer on the boards...

boatnam2

Reaction score
Been awhile, but i think it was slick and sara, roadrunner op6II.

Scott E

Reaction score
How many remember Froggy cruising the channel with Art Mann from Wild On E and the Dahm triplets on his Ultra? They pulled up next to us and the bass was bumping so hard it was causing the water to ripple all the way around the boat.

dtp92648

Reaction score
The first member I met was Danny Donahue (BadBlown572). RiverDave recommended him to do some work on the Hallett I had at the time. He did twice the amount of work we talked about (because he wanted it perfect) and then refused to take any extra money for his time.

He was a really cool guy!!!

HBCraig

Reaction score
I met HBJet and RivertoysJason. A long time ago. Windy was somewhere there too.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Back in the Hot Boat days it was RD followed by a whole list of motley fools

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
First Board member I ever met was named "Slick" back in 2001 off the original Hotboat.net. Super cool guy, miss seeing him around.

RD

Andy B.

Reaction score
First member I met was the owner himself back in the summer of 2o13. Oh shit I forgot Ricky from maxed out he was over at Dave's the night we met.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
How many remember Froggy cruising the channel with Art Mann from Wild On E and the Dahm triplets on his Ultra? They pulled up next to us and the bass was bumping so hard it was causing the water to ripple all the way around the boat.

the girls gave me a beach ball , i still have it:boobeyes::cool

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
AZKC :skull ... probably in 2003 time frame, way back in the Hotboat days.

I've seen RD twice in real life, once at the sandbar in Parker in probably '04, the other at the LA boat show in '05, so I know he exists.